UKFB3053: Discuss whether it is rationale for the Royal Commission of Inquiry (“RCI”) to revisiting the allegations on the matter in 2017: Financial Markets & Regulations Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)|
|Subject||UKFB3053: Financial Markets & Regulations|
Discuss whether it is the rationale for the Royal Commission of Inquiry (“RCI”) to revisit the allegations on the matter in 2017? Examine whether the request from Bank Negara’s inquiry for the trial to be closed-door was fair to the public?
Case Study #3 – Bank Negara Malaysia Forex Scandal 1991
In the early 1990s, the Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) began to dabble in speculative currency trading and foreign exchange trading with large sums of money, alarming other banking institutions worldwide. BNM lost almost RM30 billion between 1991 and 1994, with maximum exposure in the foreign exchange markets reaching as high as RM270 billion – three times the country’s GDP and more than five times the country’s foreign reserves at the time! before being rescued by the Ministry of Finance. None of the top executives in Bank Negara was accused of trading activities as the government fully absorb losses. After that, Bank Negara is no longer involved in any high-risk business to prevent it from recurring.
After 25 years, in June 2017, a Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) was finally established to investigate the FOREX scandal.
Students are required to undertake an in-depth study of the Bank Negara foreign exchange losses, which has been a controversial issue in the foreign exchange markets.
Your investigation and outcomes should cover the following:
- Examine the major reasons for Bank Negara to take part in the forex trading and discuss how the Bank Negara could incur such colossal losses.
- Examine and discuss should there be any financial malpractices and abuses in power when the Bank Negara participated in the forex trading.
- Discuss whether it is the rationale for the Royal Commission of Inquiry (“RCI”) to revisit the allegations on the matter in 2017? Examine whether the request from Bank Negara’s inquiry for the trial to be closed-door was fair to the public?
- Evaluate and discuss whether Bank Negara, as a central bank as well as the regulatory, is allowed to participate in forex trading and how these colossal losses have impacted Malaysia’s financial position.
Objectives of the Task:
- To evaluate students’ understanding of the financial market issues and to provide critical solutions to address the matters, whichever is applicable.
- To evaluate the students’ ability to articulate the issues within the Malaysian financial market’s regulatory frameworks.
- To assess students’ ability to identify the key contributing factors that contribute to the issues, whichever is applicable.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help offers the best finance assignment help on UKFB3053: Financial Markets & Regulations assignment. we have hired the top Ph.D. and master's degree experts who are subject matter experts. Our experts work 24*7 hours to provide do my assignment service to secure higher marks at a discounted price.
Recent Solved Questions
- EBB31203: Shariah is a term used to describe the rules of the lifestyle (Deen) ordained by Allah SWT. It is characterized as a “complete way of life”: Islamic Financial Plan Construction & Professional Responsibilities Assignment, UBS, Malaysia
- PRG2203: You are required to create a C++ program for the system that you have analyzed and designed: Programming Techniques Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- Slow Stool Company Is debating the use of direct labor cost or direct labor hours as the cost allocation base: Managerial Account Course Work, UPM, Malaysia
- MGT6203: You are required to read a minimum of three (3)journals, articles, and write a review paper about Industry: Managing Information System Coursework, IIU, Malaysia
- BFW3651: Due to the multiplicity and complexity of non-financial and financial risks, as well as uncertainties to a bank: Treasury Management Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- ABDT3173: Examine the central concept of CRM. Determine the contributing factors of a customer-centric organization: Customer Relationship Management Home Work, TARC, Malaysia
- PAF3043: Golden Phoenix Bhd is a manufacturing company engaged in food and beverages industries: Financial accounting Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- SCB23302: Using online resources as your reference material, prepare a comprehensive assignment discussing various aspects: Fundamentals of Materials Science Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia
- Debt financing refers to an organization that borrows money. Usually borrowing it from an outside source: Principles of Finance Course Work, UOM, Malaysia
- Information and Technology (IT) development and sophistication are viewed as significant phenomena that have a significant: Information Technology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia