You need to find a news story in the media that discusses (explicitly or implicitly) the effects of public relations: Public relations Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)|
You need to find a news story in the media that discusses (explicitly or implicitly) the effects of public relations in some area of business, non-profit, or government. The article may have appeared in a newspaper, magazine, trade publication, broadcast media outlet (with content posted online), or another regularly updated format, in print or electronic format. It must be dated within the past 12 months. Longer pieces (one or more full pages, or complete broadcast news stories) will lend themselves better to this assignment. You are responsible for choosing an item that will allow you to complete the assignment as described below. Your analysis of the article or broadcast should include the following sections:
- PART 1: SUMMARY
Summarize the subject of the news article or broadcast, briefly describing the situation it recounts. The summary should take no more than 1-2 paragraphs.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
- PART 2: PROFESSIONALISM
Explain whether the piece’s depiction of public relations corresponds to that of a profession. Does the article or broadcast portray public relations as meeting the criteria for a profession as defined in the class and the readings, or not? In what ways? Give specific examples.
- PART 3: CATEGORIES OF PR
Use the categories which you can find in your textbook to identify what types of public relations tasks are described in the article or broadcast. Make sure to support your argument with examples from the news item itself.
- PART 4: ROLES AND CONCEPTS OF PUBLIC RELATIONS
Use the definitions in the first chapter of the book and class notes to identify the public relations roles and concepts implied or explicitly mentioned in the article or broadcast. If no specific mentions are made, consider what types of public relations functions would or should typically be involved in a situation such as the one described. Roles and concepts to think about include, for example:
- Media Relations
- Employee / Member Relations
- Community Relations
- Public Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Issue Management
- Financial Relations
- Industry Relations
- Development/ Fund-raising
- Multicultural relations/workplace diversity
- Special Events
- Marketing communication
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help presents online assignment writing help services for all university students. We have a team of proficient assignment writers that deliver the best assistance online 24×7. Hire our assignment helper and they write your public relations assignment as per your university need at a nominal price
Recent Solved Questions
- Analyze a few factors that have made the ideas of Frank Parson (1908) still relevant today. Some experts such as John Holland: Theory of Career Development Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- MPU3223/03: Effective teams are not built overnight. When working in a group, we may encounter members with different personalities: Decision Making Skills Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- At first sight, the concept of measuring and managing business performance is straightforward not necessarily easy: Managing Organizational Health Essay, UWS, Malaysia
- Discuss combined drug therapy for the management of cancer and the nursing implications when managing patients receiving this therapy: Pharmacology in Nursing Essay, MSU, Malaysia
- LAW416: Karim ordered 100 packets of gummy bears from Julie. He instructed Julie to pack 20 packets in 5 boxes to be sent: Business Law Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Develop a PHP program that calculates water bills using selection control statements: Human Computer Interaction Course Work, UNM, Malaysia
- MGT 269: Students need to write an analytical report It is one of the methods to evaluate students understanding of real-world: Business Communication Report, UiTM, Malaysia
- MPU3323: Tugasan ini adalah untuk menilai kebolehan pelajar membincangkan sumbangan dan hasil pencapaian tamadun: TAMADUN ISLAM DAN TAMADUN ASIA 1 Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- CT0473M: Solid Protect Sdn. Bhd. is a leading company that utilizes state-of-the-art cybersecurity technology to safeguard: Big Data Analytics & Technologies Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Alexander the Great’s conquest of much of the Western world in the 4th century BC gave Hellenistic travelers: English Language Proficiency Essay, UOM, UK