You need to find a news story in the media that discusses (explicitly or implicitly) the effects of public relations: Public relations Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)|
You need to find a news story in the media that discusses (explicitly or implicitly) the effects of public relations in some area of business, non-profit, or government. The article may have appeared in a newspaper, magazine, trade publication, broadcast media outlet (with content posted online), or another regularly updated format, in print or electronic format. It must be dated within the past 12 months. Longer pieces (one or more full pages, or complete broadcast news stories) will lend themselves better to this assignment. You are responsible for choosing an item that will allow you to complete the assignment as described below. Your analysis of the article or broadcast should include the following sections:
- PART 1: SUMMARY
Summarize the subject of the news article or broadcast, briefly describing the situation it recounts. The summary should take no more than 1-2 paragraphs.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
- PART 2: PROFESSIONALISM
Explain whether the piece’s depiction of public relations corresponds to that of a profession. Does the article or broadcast portray public relations as meeting the criteria for a profession as defined in the class and the readings, or not? In what ways? Give specific examples.
- PART 3: CATEGORIES OF PR
Use the categories which you can find in your textbook to identify what types of public relations tasks are described in the article or broadcast. Make sure to support your argument with examples from the news item itself.
- PART 4: ROLES AND CONCEPTS OF PUBLIC RELATIONS
Use the definitions in the first chapter of the book and class notes to identify the public relations roles and concepts implied or explicitly mentioned in the article or broadcast. If no specific mentions are made, consider what types of public relations functions would or should typically be involved in a situation such as the one described. Roles and concepts to think about include, for example:
- Media Relations
- Employee / Member Relations
- Community Relations
- Public Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Issue Management
- Financial Relations
- Industry Relations
- Development/ Fund-raising
- Multicultural relations/workplace diversity
- Special Events
- Marketing communication
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help presents online assignment writing help services for all university students. We have a team of proficient assignment writers that deliver the best assistance online 24×7. Hire our assignment helper and they write your public relations assignment as per your university need at a nominal price
Recent Solved Questions
- you are required to draw a Standard of Procedure (SOP) of petty cash counter operations: Accounting Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- A researcher wishes to test the claim that the mean cost of tuition fees at a four-year private college for one semester is greater: Business Statistics Assignment, UU, Malaysia
- The Malaysian legal system has undergone tremendous development since Malaysia regains its independence in 1957: Malaysia Legal System Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- SBFS1103: Your Father-in-law has Just Passed Away and Your Spouse wants his/her Mother: Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Essay, OUM
- Offering a bribe is wrong because it is an inducement to act dishonestly, disregard one’s duties, and betray a trust: Business Ethics Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- XBSM2103: The Present Organization where You are Serving had Planned to Open: Basic Security Management Assignment, OUM
- EEE40002: Ability to evaluate the CMOS transistor characteristics and Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge: Integrated Circuit Design Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
- MKW2460: Your group is to assume that you are the Marketing Communication Manager (IMC Manager), and you are to develop a new product: Integrated marketing communication Report, MUM, Malaysia
- Social control is the study of the mechanisms, in the form of patterns of pressure, through which society maintains: Crime and Society Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- Develop a Secure Cloud Storage that can encrypt and decrypt the files using AES and RSA cryptography: Cyber Security Final Year Project Malaysia