FIN30016: The size effect/premium in stock returns is the phenomenon that small-cap stocks on average outperform large-cap stocks over time: Financial Accounting Report, SUT, Malaysia
|University||Swinburne University of Technology (SUT)|
|Subject||FIN30016: Financial Accounting|
The size effect/premium in stock returns is the phenomenon that small-cap stocks on average outperform large-cap stocks over time. Therefore, the size premium can be inferred by the portfolio return difference between a small-sized and a large-sized portfolio (i.e. small minus big).
In this assignment, you will evaluate the performance of the size premium across the globe. Professor Kenneth French is one of the authors of Fama and French’s (1993) three-factor model that incorporates a size premium.
In his data library, he has shared historical returns for various asset classes and portfolios, including the size premiums. In the Excel file titled ‘Size premiums across regions’ attached to this assignment on Canvas, you can download the monthly size premiums across six regions/countries:
5) Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan
6) North America
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
That is, the number in each cell indicates the monthly size premium for that particular country/region. You are also given the global market monthly premium named ‘Global Market’. Based on the Excel spreadsheet indicated above, perform the following tasks.
1) Calculate the time-series average returns and standard deviations to the size premiums across the six regions/countries. You should also consider the reward to risk ratios calculated as premiums divided by standard deviation. Over the sample period and regions/countries considered, do you think that size matters in investment strategy?
2) Compare the performance of these size premiums with the global market premium over the same period. Do they outperform or underperform the market?
3) Examine the time-series return pattern of these size premiums. Are there any specific periods in which the size premiums outperform or underperform? Based on the time-series return pattern, do you think market condition (e.g. boom or recession) plays a role in explaining the
return variation for the size premiums?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
We are the best assignment writing help online provider on FIN30016: Financial Accounting. At Malaysia Assignment Help Our native writers are highly qualified to write doubtless solutions on accounting assignments at an academic price.
Recent Solved Questions
- BBM104/03: Background of The Body Shop And Target Market Who are The Body Shop’s target customers For e.g teenagers, working adults: Principles of Marketing Essay, UOSG, Malaysia
- BBGO4103: Workforce concerns have been a hot topic of discussion in Malaysia’s many industries: Organisational Behaviour Report, OUM, Malaysia
- CHE433: Considering a pump that is used to pump seawater at different depths, shown here in Figure: Thermodynamics Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- USPP3014: F. H. Bradley philosophizes that metaphysics is the finding of bad reasons for what we believe upon instinct: Metaphysics Research Paper, UUM, Malaysia
- BMNG254: Identify the steps of the quantitative analysis approach and Describe three categories of business analytics?: DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION Assignment, LUC, Malaysia
- In CIMB, Datuk Seri Nazir Razak’s participative leadership style can be seen in his establishment of various management: Organization Behavior Case Study, SU, Malaysia
- ITT459: The Chief Executive Officer of XYZ Technologies Sdn Bhd is interested in providing Internet access with every computer: Data Communications Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Target Market Who are Starbucks Malaysia’s target customers and Describe the types of products from Starbucks Malaysia: Bachelor of Marketing with Honours Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Each student is required to identify one organization that has a specialized Human Resource Department: Human Resource Management Report, APU, Malaysia
- B7LW100: Discuss the exceptions in the communication of acceptance and This discussion should be supported: Business & Company Law Assignment, DBS, Malaysia