FIN30016: The size effect/premium in stock returns is the phenomenon that small-cap stocks on average outperform large-cap stocks over time: Financial Accounting Report, SUT, Malaysia
|University||Swinburne University of Technology (SUT)|
|Subject||FIN30016: Financial Accounting|
The size effect/premium in stock returns is the phenomenon that small-cap stocks on average outperform large-cap stocks over time. Therefore, the size premium can be inferred by the portfolio return difference between a small-sized and a large-sized portfolio (i.e. small minus big).
In this assignment, you will evaluate the performance of the size premium across the globe. Professor Kenneth French is one of the authors of Fama and French’s (1993) three-factor model that incorporates a size premium.
In his data library, he has shared historical returns for various asset classes and portfolios, including the size premiums. In the Excel file titled ‘Size premiums across regions’ attached to this assignment on Canvas, you are able to download the monthly size premiums across six regions/countries:
5) Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan
6) North America
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
That is, the number in each cell indicates the monthly size premium for that particular country/region. You are also given the global market monthly premium named ‘Global Market’. Based on the Excel spreadsheet indicated above, perform the following tasks.
1) Calculate the time-series average returns and standard deviations to the size premiums across the six regions/countries. You should also consider the reward to risk ratios calculated as premium divided by standard deviation. Over the sample period and regions/countries considered, do you think that size matters in investment strategy?
2) Compare the performance of these size premiums with the global market premium over the same period. Do they outperform or underperform the market?
3) Examine the time-series return pattern of these size premiums. Are there any specific periods in which the size premiums outperform or underperform? Based on the time-series return pattern, do you think market condition (e.g. boom or recession) plays a role in explaining the
return variation for the size premiums?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
We are the best assignment writing help online provider on FIN30016: Financial Accounting. At Malaysia Assignment Help Our native writers are highly qualified to write doubtless solutions on accounting assignments at an academic price.
Recent Solved Questions
- MGT510: Swipe 50 limited manufactures a specialized screen protector for laptop computers: Managerial Accounting Course Work, EIU, Malaysia
- ABMF3213: There are 3 main prohibitions in Islamic banking principles, namely, the prohibition of riba, the prohibition of gharar: Islamic Banking Assignment, KYPJ, Malaysia
- With respect to the money and capital markets, money market securities generally have, while capital market securities are typically expected to have a: Financial Institution Monetary Theory Other, UTN, Malaysia
- In this project, you need to develop a system You can build a system related to the domain Information system: Fundamentals Of Algorithm And Computer Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- Choose 3 cryptocurrencies from the list that you think can become important cryptocurrencies in the future: Information System Management Report, UTM, Malaysia
- Econometrics is the application of statistical methods to economic data in order to give empirical content to economic relationships: Financial Econometrics Essay, IIUM, Malaysia
- TSE307/05: Describes Logical Reasoning which includes Critical Thinking in a formal and daily task performance: computational Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Ahmed Ikhwan SDN BHD is a computer company specializing in the installation of software and repair of all types of computer: Accounting information system Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- The number of bags lost by a small airline per week is approximately normally distributed with a mean of 427 bags: Statistics in Social Science Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- Your critical thinking on the comparison of the methane and carbon dioxide from landfills in Indonesia: Air Pollution Engineering Report, SU, Malaysia