FIN30016: The size effect/premium in stock returns is the phenomenon that small-cap stocks on average outperform large-cap stocks over time: Financial Accounting Report, SUT, Malaysia
|University||Swinburne University of Technology (SUT)|
|Subject||FIN30016: Financial Accounting|
The size effect/premium in stock returns is the phenomenon that small-cap stocks on average outperform large-cap stocks over time. Therefore, the size premium can be inferred by the portfolio return difference between a small-sized and a large-sized portfolio (i.e. small minus big).
In this assignment, you will evaluate the performance of the size premium across the globe. Professor Kenneth French is one of the authors of Fama and French’s (1993) three-factor model that incorporates a size premium.
In his data library, he has shared historical returns for various asset classes and portfolios, including the size premiums. In the Excel file titled ‘Size premiums across regions’ attached to this assignment on Canvas, you can download the monthly size premiums across six regions/countries:
5) Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan
6) North America
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
That is, the number in each cell indicates the monthly size premium for that particular country/region. You are also given the global market monthly premium named ‘Global Market’. Based on the Excel spreadsheet indicated above, perform the following tasks.
1) Calculate the time-series average returns and standard deviations to the size premiums across the six regions/countries. You should also consider the reward to risk ratios calculated as premiums divided by standard deviation. Over the sample period and regions/countries considered, do you think that size matters in investment strategy?
2) Compare the performance of these size premiums with the global market premium over the same period. Do they outperform or underperform the market?
3) Examine the time-series return pattern of these size premiums. Are there any specific periods in which the size premiums outperform or underperform? Based on the time-series return pattern, do you think market condition (e.g. boom or recession) plays a role in explaining the
return variation for the size premiums?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
We are the best assignment writing help online provider on FIN30016: Financial Accounting. At Malaysia Assignment Help Our native writers are highly qualified to write doubtless solutions on accounting assignments at an academic price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Explain ONE (1) literary model based on the three main models of literature: Literature Learning in the Malaysian ESL Classroom Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Reflect on the challenges you’ve faced when trying to implement differentiated instructions: Differentiated instruction Assignment, Malaysia
- MAF503: Cottesloe Sdn Bhd (CSB) is a trading company that sells end products from overseas. The financial data for: Financial Management Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- OMGT1062: What types of transportation and supply chain software does myIoT need to support its business growth: Transportation and Freight Logistics Report, RMIT, Malaysia
- The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate learners’ critical thinking skills in analyzing ethical issues related to nursing practice: Nursing Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- BMFM31115: Interpret standard financial metrics and valuations in order to effectively communicate sound and ethical financial decisions: Financial management Assignment, AIMST University, Malaysia
- You are expected to read beyond textbooks and able to apply the knowledge gain from real life examples either from your working environment: Portfolio and Risk Management Report, APU, Malaysia
- BBM102/03: You are a government economist analyzing the market for iPhones Consider the following events below: Microeconomics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Discuss and elaborate on the collection of indirect taxes and how the above objectives are being administered: CUSTOMS MANAGEMENT AND CHALLENGES Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Developing a Business Strategy and Develop an organisational strategic plan using strategic management models: Program and Portfolio Management Assignment, CU, Malaysia