FIN30014: Identify ONE financial risk faced by Alphabet Inc given the above scenario Systematically review and critically evaluate research from a variety: Financial Risk Management Case Study, SUT, Malaysia
|University||Swinburne University of Technology (SUT)|
|Subject||FIN30014: Financial Risk Management|
The next payment is due 6 months from now. Given the current economic environment in the US and globally, Alphabet Inc. fears that it will be adversely affected and wishes to hedge to reduce its risk related to interest rate changes. Based on this scenario, please answer the following questions:
(a) Identify ONE financial risk faced by Alphabet Inc. given the above scenario. Systematically review and critically evaluate research from a variety of sources to explain why you have identified this as a risk, and whether you would consider hedging. Please discuss in your answer the outlook for the underlying variable and cite evidence of an adverse and/or favorable direction. NB: reference list will not be part of the word count.
(b) For the risk, you have mentioned in part (a) please recommend a hedging strategy that is consistent with the outlook discussed in part (a) and explain why you have chosen this strategy above all others
(c) Irrespective of your answer above, assume you are using an exchange-traded option ‘combination’ strategy to hedge your risk. Please use real data from the CME group and provide the total cost of the hedge (the net premium), the strike prices used, and the number of contracts required. Show all calculations and provide screenshots of the data obtained from the CME group. Please do not include screenshots in an appendix, screenshots must be within part (c).
(a) Assume that you are a hedge fund manager and have invested in $1,000,000 worth of Russian government bonds one year ago and have decided to hedge the credit risk of these bonds at the time. Formulate a creative solution to hedge the credit risk of this reference entity. Analyse
how you can be protected from credit risk based on such a strategy and possible drawbacks.
(b) What are the implications of speculation using credit default swaps in the context given in the above article, to the broader society and economy? Provide examples where necessary.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Get professional case study writing help on FIN30014: Financial Risk Management form Malaysia Assignment HELP. Our experienced case study writers are highly talented to write the authentic case study solution on FIN365 International Banking UiTM Assignment, TAX317 Taxation 2 UiTM Assignment, FAR 570 Financial Accounting Assignment, FAR210 Financial Accounting And Reporting Assignment, BBPW3103 Financial Management 1 Assignment etc. more at a nominal price.
Recent Solved Questions
- West End Bicycle is a company that has been manufacturing bicycles since 1985: IT Audit and Risk Management Report, ASB, Malaysia
- Oral cancer represents the sixth most common malignancy in the world. There are a lot of oral cancers depending: Operations Management Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- Elyna Deschamps has just left herjob as a website designer for a large systems design company and is about to start up her own website design: PROJECT MANAGEMENT Essay, KUL, Malaysia
- BBF2134: Identify recent issues related to financial systems, financial services and products: Financial Markets and Institutions Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- Reflect on the challenges you’ve faced when trying to implement differentiated instructions: Differentiated instruction Assignment, Malaysia
- You have to select the latest annual report of any one of listed company in Malaysia: Financial accounting and reporting 1 Report, UPM, Malaysia
- SEMM3023: The determination of the fundamental natural frequency for cantilever beams is crucial in many engineering applications: Applied numerical method Report, UMT, Malaysia
- ELE426: A sound sensor circuit reads a millivolt signal and to amplify the small-signal voltage from the sensor circuit, you need: Analog Electronics II Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- A supermarket has two customers waiting for their purchases at counter 1 and one customer waiting to pay at counter 2: Probability & Mathematical Statistics Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- Your multimedia company is hired by the Ministry of Education Malaysia (MOE) to produce educational applications: Technology and Multimedia Design Case Study, TU, Malaysia