EEE40002: Ability to evaluate the CMOS transistor characteristics and Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge: Integrated Circuit Design Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
|University||Swinburne University of Technology (SUT)|
|Subject||EEE40002: Integrated Circuit Design|
This assignment covers:
Ability to evaluate the CMOS transistor characteristics. Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge (WK8) and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Figure 1 shows the overall process flow of an Integrated Circuit (IC) design.
The operation begins with Front End Phase by creating the transistor-level schematic design based on the design specifications, before proceeding with the simulation step. In this simulation step, the test benches are required to verify the functionality of the design.
Next, the operation continues with Back End Phase by designing the layout based on the schematic design. Several steps are involved in this layout design phase such as Pre-layout design which includes Placement and Routing steps. Layout designers can always try different device placements and examine
the impact of any specific configuration of device placement on the original specification. Then, the process continues with DRC (Design Rule Check) and LVS (Layout Versus Schematic) steps. A successful DRC ensures that the layout conforms to the rules designed for faultless fabrication, while the successful LVS ensures that the layout connectivity of the physical design matches the schematic design.
Students in NMJ216043 was exposed to all the design process mentioned earlier. However, to achieve a successful post-layout design that meets all the specifications, important tasks like parasitic extraction is required. Students should be aware that the behavior of the layout design is extremely sensitive to the layout-induced parasitics such as inductance, resistance, and capacitance. Parasitics not only influence the layout performance but often render it non-functional. Hence, it is essential to consider the effect of parasitics in the design process. In conclusion, the major purpose of parasitic extraction is to create an accurate layout of a circuit, so that the simulations can emulate the actual circuit responses.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Recent Solved Questions
- With respect to the money and capital markets, money market securities generally have, while capital market securities are typically expected to have a: Financial Institution Monetary Theory Other, UTN, Malaysia
- You are tasked to demonstrate the feasibility and complexity of the IATA information system in terms of the data structures to be deployed for their operations and database storage: Data Structure and Algorithm Report, MUM, Malaysia
- ECO2103: The global spread of covid-19 impacts all the industries throughout the world: Principles of microeconomics Essay, IIU, Malaysia
- En Amru Nazli memulakan perniagaan sebuah kedai emas yang di beri nama Emas Ria. Kedai ini mula beroperasi pada 1 hb Jan 2021: Principles of Accounting Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- Patient 67 years old man who had a total right knee replacement at the hospital: Law Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- A new London-based challenger bank called Wolving is launching in a few short months: Python and Java Coding Assignment, Penn, Malaysia
- Digital Storytelling Products As Means To Increase Generativity Amongst Malaysian Educators In Middle Or Late Adulthood: Psychology Research Paper, SU, Malaysia
- The purpose of this chapter is to briefly explain the overall research topic by dividing them into sections of research background: Social Media Influencers Roles in Influencing Research Paper, UPM, Malaysia
- HMEF5133: The objective of the assignment is to enhance learners’ ability in researching a topic of study : Directed Reading Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Linda has decided to set up an account that will pay her granddaughter (Janice) $5,000 a year indefinitely: Managerial Finance and Globalisation Assignment, MMU, Malaysia