Mr Wong is a Burger Queen outlet franchisee. As a franchisee, Mr Wong is expected to fulfill his contractual obligation to ensure his outlet: Operation Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
Mr Wong is a Burger Queen outlet franchisee. As a franchisee, Mr Wong is expected to fulfill his contractual obligation to ensure his outlet is align with Process and Operational design dictated by Burger Queen, the franchisor. Due to introduction of a range of new product types (eg Korean burger / Prosperity burger), Mr Wong was required to perform a time study audit on Process 2. Process 2’s function is to convert raw burger bun (input) into toasted bun (output). This process can be further divided into a set of manual tasks, which include; bun type selection, buttering of bun, initiating toast and inspection of toast quality. The only machinery required by Process 2 is a bun toasting machine. All Burger Queen outlets are equipped with a two-tier machine, where temperature, as well as toasting duration for each tier, can be preset separately, in accordance to product type.
Listed below are;
- Two-time study of Process 2, conducted by Mr Wong via video recording. Both studies consist of 7 observations/ repetitions, however, the first study was conducted by observing Operator A, while the second study was based on Operator B.
- Please note that the duration for each observation is measured in a number of frame. Assume that 24 frames = 1 second.
- Based on your assigned case, answer the following questions;
Determine the Standard Time via time study, based on observation of Operator A.
What is the impact towards Standard Time, if Allowance percentage is increased? With example, explainthree possible reasons that would justify increment of Allowance percentage for a job. No calculation is necessary for this question.
What is the impact towards Standard Time, if Performance Rating for Operator A is decreased? Explain the function of Performance Rating with respect to determining Standard Time. Support your explanation with an example. No calculation is necessary for this question.
Referring to chapter 8, “determining allowance” is deem to be a challenge in conducting Time Study. Explain why this is deem a challenge in conducting Time Study.
Referring to chapter 8, explain the function of Taxonomy of Job, from the perspective of Time Study. Provide an example to discuss ONE possible challenge in applying Taxonomy of Job towards division of task.
Q1a – Please ensure that;
- sufficient calculation steps are shown, for partial credit
- Excel or writeup, without clear calculation steps is not acceptable
- leave all calculation steps at 2 decimal points
Q1a2 – Please ensure that your example is intuitive and aligned with the reason you have identified.
Q1a3 – Please ensure that the function/ usage of the Performance rating is clearly explained, and supported by your example
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
The management assignment experts of Malaysia Assignment Help provide affordable research paper services to Malaysian university students. Our writers are well educated and talented to offer you fresh and unique research papers on almost all subjects such as finance assignments, nursing assignments, and law assignments so that you will get an outstanding rank in your assignment. So feel free in asking for help from our experts.
Recent Solved Questions
- ACC4304: The Martin Mars is a sole proprietorship owned by Mr. Martin which has been in operation for a year: Accounting Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- BBPW3103: Select any THREE companies listed in the telecommunication and media sector, on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia: Financial Management 1, OUM, Malaysia
- Green retrofitting is acknowledged as an essential strategy for achieving long-term sustainability in the built environment: Facility Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Discuss how you can transform your business or any other business that you know very well: Business for Sustainable Development Essay, SU, Malaysia
- Several major changes and challenges are affecting Jane’s organization’s human resource management: Strategic Human Resource Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Demonstrate critical understanding and application of relevant strategic management and leadership principles: Strategic Management Case Study, UM, Malaysia
- 310CT: You are required to use JAM agent and design and develop a program so that the robots can collect all the rewards: Intelligent Agents Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- Naval Collaboration is very important to our country in facing various threats both internally and externally: Naval collabration Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- XBMB3104: you are appointed to give a briefing on the tiers of recommended precautions to prevent the spread of infections in healthcare settings: MICROBIOLOGY Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Teachers play a crucial role in supporting students to continuously upgrade their knowledge and skills through effective: Teaching and Learning Assignment, TU, Malaysia