Mr Wong is a Burger Queen outlet franchisee. As a franchisee, Mr Wong is expected to fulfill his contractual obligation to ensure his outlet: Operation Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
Mr Wong is a Burger Queen outlet franchisee. As a franchisee, Mr Wong is expected to fulfill his contractual obligation to ensure his outlet is align with Process and Operational design dictated by Burger Queen, the franchisor. Due to introduction of a range of new product types (eg Korean burger / Prosperity burger), Mr Wong was required to perform a time study audit on Process 2. Process 2’s function is to convert raw burger bun (input) into toasted bun (output). This process can be further divided into a set of manual tasks, which include; bun type selection, buttering of bun, initiating toast and inspection of toast quality. The only machinery required by Process 2 is a bun toasting machine. All Burger Queen outlets are equipped with a two-tier machine, where temperature, as well as toasting duration for each tier, can be preset separately, in accordance to product type.
Listed below are;
- Two-time study of Process 2, conducted by Mr Wong via video recording. Both studies consist of 7 observations/ repetitions, however, the first study was conducted by observing Operator A, while the second study was based on Operator B.
- Please note that the duration for each observation is measured in a number of frame. Assume that 24 frames = 1 second.
- Based on your assigned case, answer the following questions;
Determine the Standard Time via time study, based on observation of Operator A.
What is the impact towards Standard Time, if Allowance percentage is increased? With example, explainthree possible reasons that would justify increment of Allowance percentage for a job. No calculation is necessary for this question.
What is the impact towards Standard Time, if Performance Rating for Operator A is decreased? Explain the function of Performance Rating with respect to determining Standard Time. Support your explanation with an example. No calculation is necessary for this question.
Referring to chapter 8, “determining allowance” is deem to be a challenge in conducting Time Study. Explain why this is deem a challenge in conducting Time Study.
Referring to chapter 8, explain the function of Taxonomy of Job, from the perspective of Time Study. Provide an example to discuss ONE possible challenge in applying Taxonomy of Job towards division of task.
Q1a – Please ensure that;
- sufficient calculation steps are shown, for partial credit
- Excel or writeup, without clear calculation steps is not acceptable
- leave all calculation steps at 2 decimal points
Q1a2 – Please ensure that your example is intuitive and aligned with the reason you have identified.
Q1a3 – Please ensure that the function/ usage of the Performance rating is clearly explained, and supported by your example
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
The management assignment experts of Malaysia Assignment Help provide affordable research paper services to Malaysian university students. Our writers are well educated and talented to offer you fresh and unique research papers on almost all subjects such as finance assignments, nursing assignments, and law assignments so that you will get an outstanding rank in your assignment. So feel free in asking for help from our experts.
Recent Solved Questions
- The stock market is one of the popular places in Malaysia where retail investors come to make investments: Bachelor of Accounting & Finance Research Paper, SU, Malaysia
- PAF3043: The introduction of the Malaysian Private Entities Reporting Standard (MPERS) in January 2016 is timely and vital: Financial Accounting Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- LLB102A: The High Court in Sri Kajang Rock Products Sdn Bhd v Mayban Finance Bhd  1 CLJ 204 stated at p 206: LAW OF CONTRACT A Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- BMM 2543: Write a report with references for the application of Fluid Mechanic’s fundamental principles on hydroelectric energy: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, UMP, Malaysia
- You are required to conduct a root cause analysis based on the Malware infection scenario: AICT006-4-1-AFM Advanced Forensics Methods Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- BBRC4103: The first stage of research is to identify problems or issues in business and management and to justify the need for research: Research Methodology Research Paper, OUM, Malaysia
- A marker pen producing company wants to increase its productivity by automating the injection: Mechatronics System Case Study, MUM, Malaysia
- XBSM2103: The Present Organization where You are Serving had Planned to Open: Basic Security Management Assignment, OUM
- You are employed as the Finance Director of Acme Utilities Inc Recently, the board of your organisation noticed that the powerplant was producing too much air pollution: Managerial Finance and Globalisation Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- Discuss the Threats and Internal control procedures to prevent these threats by implementing Accounting Information System: Accounting Assignment, MUM, Malaysia