Development of Mobile Robot Obstacle Avoidance using Fuzzy Logic in Simulated Environment: machine learning, APU, Malaysia
|University||Asia Pacific University (APU)|
Development of Mobile Robot Obstacle Avoidance using Fuzzy Logic in Simulated Environment
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY (Abstract)
A mobile robot is a machine controlled by software that uses sensors and other technology to identify its surroundings and move around its environment. It can operate autonomously. They are used to assist with work processes and even accomplish tasks that are impossible or dangerous for human workers.
Mobile robot movements such as obstacle avoidance are constructed by using computer programs that are limited to human knowledge of anticipated obstacles. Ina real working environment, obstacles are varying in terms of shapes and sizes. A normal programming algorithm using Boolean logic is not suited for the task.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Therefore, in the project, a simulated mobile robot wandering in an unknown environment will be programmed to avoid obstacles. The simulated environment, mobile robot, and fuzzy algorithm will be programmed using Python. The simulated mobile robot which is using the method of the fuzzy logic algorithm will interact with an unknown environment based on simulated sensor information.
The environment and algorithm parameters will be built, and the developed algorithm’s performance will be analyzed. it is expected that the robot’s fuzzy logic system will be able to avoid colliding with an unexpected obstacle.
One of the major challenges of autonomous navigation for mobile robots is the detection and obstacle avoidance during the robot navigation task. This issue arises due to a dynamic working environment in which the obstacles vary in shape and size. To avoid various obstacles, the programming algorithm must be able to anticipate these variations before the actual deployment. The typical if-then-else Boolean logic programming algorithm is too rigid, as an alternative the use of fuzzy logic which allows many-valued logic can be used to attain the best results. Thus, allowing smooth movement of the robot in avoiding obstacles.
The objectives of this project are
1. To set up and configure the mobile robot and environment parameters of the simulated environment.
2. To implement the fuzzy logic algorithm in a simulated mobile robot for obstacle avoidance.
3. To evaluate the performance of the mobile robot in avoiding obstacles.
The followings are the methodology to be followed to do the project and the application procedure illustrated in Figure 1.
1. Study and configure the mobile robot and simulate the environment.
2. Construct the fuzzy logic algorithm parameters.
3. Perform the experiments, observe, evaluate, tune parameters and analyze results.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are Looking for programming assignment help in Malaysia? our experts are highly efficient to provide affordable solutions for CSC728 Machine Learning Assignment. In addition, we offer the best assignment help on almost all subjects. Plus, we always deliver well within the deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- To investigate real-life products, examine their working principles, and relate them to the learning in the lecture room: Electric Machine Assignment, NUM, Malaysia
- BBF201/05: Iiquidity position, and how the liquidity position has changed over time from 2020 to 2021: Introduction to financial management Report, WOU, Malaysia
- BMCD5103: The Covid-19 pandemic has caused companies to undergo transformations, such as downsizing, rightsizing, or flattening: Career Development Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Anda dikehendaki menyediakan penulisan akademik yang bertajuk Tahap Pelaksanaan Produk Bercirikan Teknologi Hijau di Malaysia: Kelestarian dan Teknologi Hijau Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- EBQ2054: Describe the theoretical contribution in your research with the consideration of the relevant social theories that are supported by the specified arguments: Business Research Method Essay, UM, Malaysia
- BDPB2103: The purpose of this assignment is to develop the learners’ ability to discuss performance appraisal methods and problems in an organization: Introductory Human Resource Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- You are required to design an integrated pedagogical approach for five-year-old children: Early childhood education Assignment, UIU, Malaysia
- Discuss the FIVE (5) assumptions of break-even points. A company manufactures a single product: Finance Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- Tulip Berhad sold goods to Mawar Berhad for RM1.5 million. The margin was 20% on the selling price which was the normal markup: Accounting Essay, UON, Malaysia
- Describe the Product Life Cycle and elaborate on the strategic moves that the firm needs to adopt at the Introduction: Marketing Innovation Assignment, MMU, Malaysia