Development of Mobile Robot Obstacle Avoidance using Fuzzy Logic in Simulated Environment: machine learning, APU, Malaysia
|University||Asia Pacific University (APU)|
Development of Mobile Robot Obstacle Avoidance using Fuzzy Logic in Simulated Environment
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY (Abstract)
A mobile robot is a machine controlled by software that uses sensors and other technology to identify its surroundings and move around its environment. It can operate autonomously. They are used to assist with work processes and even accomplish tasks that are impossible or dangerous for human workers.
Mobile robot movements such as obstacle avoidance are constructed by using computer programs that are limited to human knowledge of anticipated obstacles. Ina real working environment, obstacles are varying in terms of shapes and sizes. A normal programming algorithm using Boolean logic is not suited for the task.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Therefore, in the project, a simulated mobile robot wandering in an unknown environment will be programmed to avoid obstacles. The simulated environment, mobile robot, and fuzzy algorithm will be programmed using Python. The simulated mobile robot which is using the method of the fuzzy logic algorithm will interact with an unknown environment based on simulated sensor information.
The environment and algorithm parameters will be built, and the developed algorithm’s performance will be analyzed. it is expected that the robot’s fuzzy logic system will be able to avoid colliding with an unexpected obstacle.
One of the major challenges of autonomous navigation for mobile robots is the detection and obstacle avoidance during the robot navigation task. This issue arises due to a dynamic working environment in which the obstacles vary in shape and size. To avoid various obstacles, the programming algorithm must be able to anticipate these variations before the actual deployment. The typical if-then-else Boolean logic programming algorithm is too rigid, as an alternative the use of fuzzy logic which allows many-valued logic can be used to attain the best results. Thus, allowing smooth movement of the robot in avoiding obstacles.
The objectives of this project are
1. To set up and configure the mobile robot and environment parameters of the simulated environment.
2. To implement the fuzzy logic algorithm in a simulated mobile robot for obstacle avoidance.
3. To evaluate the performance of the mobile robot in avoiding obstacles.
The followings are the methodology to be followed to do the project and the application procedure illustrated in Figure 1.
1. Study and configure the mobile robot and simulate the environment.
2. Construct the fuzzy logic algorithm parameters.
3. Perform the experiments, observe, evaluate, tune parameters and analyze results.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are Looking for programming assignment help in Malaysia? our experts are highly efficient to provide affordable solutions for CSC728 Machine Learning Assignment. In addition, we offer the best assignment help on almost all subjects. Plus, we always deliver well within the deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- Decision-making for sustainable project management can be a very arduous task in which decision-making methods: Sustainable Project Management Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Patient satisfaction seems to be one of the most important aspects of the healthcare industry as it positively impacts: Business Research Methods Research Paper, TU, Malaysia
- Research Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, and Huawei Cloud. Write a detailed comparison: Cloud Computing Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Is Tom’s of Maine toothpaste really green if consumers leave the water running while they brush their teeth: Marketing Management Essay, HWU, Malaysia
- CBCA2103: The purpose of this assignment is to assess learners’ understanding of CPU organization, instructions format, and addressing mode: COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BBGO4103: Share an issue of organizational behavior in your workplace. ‘People’s job performance decreases as they age: Organisational Behaviour Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Students are required to use their own company as an example to set up corporate entrepreneurship (CE): Managing Information Assignment, IUMW, Malaysia
- Analyze current economic news using one or more of the macroeconomic frameworks presented in the course: Economics Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- MPU3223/03: you are required to conduct at least a 20 – 30 minutes interview session with one (1) individual: Decision Making Skills Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- To become more aware of critical aspects of the service encounter from a customer’s perspective: Service Marketing Assignment, SU, Malaysia