Ability to obtain and analyze the Thevenin equivalent circuit: Electronic Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
|University||Multimedia University (MMU)|
To characterize multiple resistive networks by its Thévenin’s equivalent circuit.
Ability to obtain and analyze the Thevenin equivalent circuit.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Thévenin’s Theorem: It is a process by which a complex circuit is reduced to an equivalent series circuit consisting of a single voltage source (VTH), a series resistance (RTH), and a load resistance (RL). After creating the Thévenin Equivalent Circuit, the load voltage VL or the load current IL may be easily determined.
One of the main uses of Thévenin’s theorem is the replacement of a large part of a circuit, often a complicated and uninteresting part, with a very simple equivalent. The new simpler circuit enables us to make rapid calculations of the voltage, current, and power that the original circuit can deliver to a load. It also helps us to choose the best value of this load resistance for maximum power transfer.
Maximum Power Transfer Theorem states that an independent voltage source in series with a resistance RS or an independent current source in parallel with a resistance RS delivers maximum power to that load resistance RL for which RL = RS.
In terms of a Thévenin Equivalent Circuit, maximum power is delivered to the load resistance RL when RL is equal to the Thévenin equivalent resistance RTH of the circuit.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Task 1: Verifying Thévenin’s theorem
- Construct the circuit of Figure 7.1 using the following component values:
R1 = 300 W
R2 = 560 W
R3 = 560 W
R4 = 300 W
R5 = 820 W
RL = 1.2 kW
VS = 10 V
- Measure the voltage VL across the load resistance, RL.
- Find VTH: Remove the load resistance RL and measure the open-circuit voltage, Voc across the terminals. This is equal to VTH.
- Find RTH: Remove the source voltage VS and replace it with a short circuit. Measure the resistance by looking into the opening where RL was with an ohmmeter. This gives RTH.
- Obtaining VTH and RTH, construct the circuit in Figure 6.2. Set the value of RTH using a variable resistor. For simulation using Proteus just use the ordinary resistor and change the value to the RTH value. Measure the VL for this circuit and compare it to the VL obtained from the circuit in Figure 7.1. State your observation.
- Construct the circuit as in Figure 7.3 using the following values:
VS = 10 V
R1 = R2 = 560 W
R3 = 820 W
RL = Variable Resistor (0-2kW)
Connect the Voltmeter across RL for measuring the load voltage (VL) and Ammeter through RL for measuring load current (IL). Vary the resistance between 600 W to 1.6 kW and note down VL and IL for each case.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Hire university assignment help to complete your electronic assignment. Malaysia Assignment Help has a team of professional writers who offer detailed and 100% plagiarism-free solutions on engineering assignments at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- WUC107/03: You are a Malaysian trainer who is a highly sought-out expert in the area of cross-cultural negotiations The Communications Director of a large company has asked you to write an article on ‘Guidelines for cross-cultural negotiations in China’ for their business magazine: Workplace Communication Skills Assignment, UOW, Malaysia
- Many scholars have suggested theories about micropolar fluids. Although the literature includes a wide range of such theories: Fluid Dynamics Thesis, UPM, Malaysia
- The library is the best place to look for information for many people. Every library in Malaysia must have its own services: Fundamental of Library Administration Assignment, UCISS, Malaysia
- Students are given an article British Airways suffers data breach compromising information: Information Technology Case Study, UTP, Malaysia
- Newcom is a newly established private limited company in Malaysia that supplies telecommunication services: Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- FIN 6554/FIN6013: Case 1: Capital Budgeting: Competition in the Aircraft Industry In early 2018, Boeing was Involved in a titanic Struggle with European Consortium Airbus SAS for Dominance of the Commercial Aircraft Industry: Finance for Manager Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- BBMC4103: Discussing the concepts and theories of organizational change and applying it in the real business world: Change Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- KKKS6334: Water shortage has become a more pressing issue in Malaysia Here population continues to grow even with a dwindling water supply: Water Engineering Case Study, UKM, Malaysia
- The following table lists the cross-price elasticities of demand for several goods, where the percent quantity change: Business Economic Case Study, SU, Malaysia
- ACF3600: Audit and climate change Climate affects nearly every aspect of our lives, from our food sources to our transport infrastructure: Auditing and assurance Assignment, MUM, Malaysia