Ability to obtain and analyze the Thevenin equivalent circuit: Electronic Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
|University||Multimedia University (MMU)|
To characterize multiple resistive networks by its Thévenin’s equivalent circuit.
Ability to obtain and analyze the Thevenin equivalent circuit.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Thévenin’s Theorem: It is a process by which a complex circuit is reduced to an equivalent series circuit consisting of a single voltage source (VTH), a series resistance (RTH), and a load resistance (RL). After creating the Thévenin Equivalent Circuit, the load voltage VL or the load current IL may be easily determined.
One of the main uses of Thévenin’s theorem is the replacement of a large part of a circuit, often a complicated and uninteresting part, with a very simple equivalent. The new simpler circuit enables us to make rapid calculations of the voltage, current, and power that the original circuit is able to deliver to a load. It also helps us to choose the best value of this load resistance for maximum power transfer.
Maximum Power Transfer Theorem states that an independent voltage source in series with a resistance RS or an independent current source in parallel with a resistance RS delivers maximum power to that load resistance RL for which RL = RS.
In terms of a Thévenin Equivalent Circuit, maximum power is delivered to the load resistance RL when RL is equal to the Thévenin equivalent resistance RTH of the circuit.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Task 1: Verifying Thévenin’s theorem
- Construct the circuit of Figure 7.1 using the following component values:
R1 = 300 W
R2 = 560 W
R3 = 560 W
R4 = 300 W
R5 = 820 W
RL = 1.2 kW
VS = 10 V
- Measure the voltage VL across the load resistance, RL.
- Find VTH: Remove the load resistance RL and measure the open-circuit voltage, Voc across the terminals. This is equal to VTH.
- Find RTH: Remove the source voltage VS and replace it with a short circuit. Measure the resistance by looking into the opening where RL was with an ohmmeter. This gives RTH.
- Obtaining VTH and RTH, construct the circuit of Figure 6.2. Set the value of RTH using a variable resistor. For simulation using Proteus just use the ordinary resistor and change the value to the RTH value. Measure the VL for this circuit and compare it to the VL obtained from the circuit of Figure 7.1. State your observation.
- Construct the circuit as in Figure 7.3 using the following values:
VS = 10 V
R1 = R2 = 560 W
R3 = 820 W
RL = Variable Resistor (0-2kW)
Connect the Voltmeter across RL for measuring the load voltage (VL) and Ammeter through RL for measuring load current (IL). Vary the resistance between 600 W to 1.6 kW and note down VL and IL for each case.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Hire university assignment help to complete your electronic assignment. Malaysia Assignment Help has a team of professional writers who offer detailed and 100% plagiarism-free solutions on engineering assignments at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- F79MA: You are a statistical trainee actuary working for an insurance comparison website and insurance broker: Statistical Model Course Work, HWU, Malaysia
- M-Storm Electrical Trading started its business on 1 January 2022 The following transactions took place in the first month of its operation: Accounting Homework, UM, Malaysia
- The newly graduated nurses will start their career in the hospital setting either in the government or private sector: Vitals role of nurse manager in Precepting Assignment, BCU, Malaysia
- MAA3013: J.D.Orbit opened a cell phone accessory manufacturing plant, named Orbit Corporation (Orbit) in 1997: Accounting Information System Assignment, USIM, Malaysia
- What type of oral dosage form generally yields the greatest amount of systemically available drugs in the least amount of time: Pharmacology Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- Provide a theoretical and empirical review of Public Preferences attributed to conservation management: Environmental Economics and Environmental Management Thesis, UOY, Malaysia
- Explain to Fairuz the validity of the agreement and illustrate your answer with relevant cases under the law of contract: Construction Law Assignment, STU, Malaysia
- ABMF3213: There are 3 main prohibitions in Islamic banking principles, namely, the prohibition of riba, the prohibition of gharar: Islamic Banking Assignment, KYPJ, Malaysia
- BBF3084: To analyze the impacts of COVID- 19 pandemic on the company of your choice generally. To evaluate the industry’s attractiveness of the company: Global Finance Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- STIW3054: You are required to develop a small system using MAVEN and Java programming language: Real-time Programming Assignment, UUM, Malaysia