Ability to obtain and analyze the Thevenin equivalent circuit: Electronic Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
|University||Multimedia University (MMU)|
To characterize multiple resistive networks by its Thévenin’s equivalent circuit.
Ability to obtain and analyze the Thevenin equivalent circuit.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Thévenin’s Theorem: It is a process by which a complex circuit is reduced to an equivalent series circuit consisting of a single voltage source (VTH), a series resistance (RTH), and a load resistance (RL). After creating the Thévenin Equivalent Circuit, the load voltage VL or the load current IL may be easily determined.
One of the main uses of Thévenin’s theorem is the replacement of a large part of a circuit, often a complicated and uninteresting part, with a very simple equivalent. The new simpler circuit enables us to make rapid calculations of the voltage, current, and power that the original circuit can deliver to a load. It also helps us to choose the best value of this load resistance for maximum power transfer.
Maximum Power Transfer Theorem states that an independent voltage source in series with a resistance RS or an independent current source in parallel with a resistance RS delivers maximum power to that load resistance RL for which RL = RS.
In terms of a Thévenin Equivalent Circuit, maximum power is delivered to the load resistance RL when RL is equal to the Thévenin equivalent resistance RTH of the circuit.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Task 1: Verifying Thévenin’s theorem
- Construct the circuit of Figure 7.1 using the following component values:
R1 = 300 W
R2 = 560 W
R3 = 560 W
R4 = 300 W
R5 = 820 W
RL = 1.2 kW
VS = 10 V
- Measure the voltage VL across the load resistance, RL.
- Find VTH: Remove the load resistance RL and measure the open-circuit voltage, Voc across the terminals. This is equal to VTH.
- Find RTH: Remove the source voltage VS and replace it with a short circuit. Measure the resistance by looking into the opening where RL was with an ohmmeter. This gives RTH.
- Obtaining VTH and RTH, construct the circuit in Figure 6.2. Set the value of RTH using a variable resistor. For simulation using Proteus just use the ordinary resistor and change the value to the RTH value. Measure the VL for this circuit and compare it to the VL obtained from the circuit in Figure 7.1. State your observation.
- Construct the circuit as in Figure 7.3 using the following values:
VS = 10 V
R1 = R2 = 560 W
R3 = 820 W
RL = Variable Resistor (0-2kW)
Connect the Voltmeter across RL for measuring the load voltage (VL) and Ammeter through RL for measuring load current (IL). Vary the resistance between 600 W to 1.6 kW and note down VL and IL for each case.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Hire university assignment help to complete your electronic assignment. Malaysia Assignment Help has a team of professional writers who offer detailed and 100% plagiarism-free solutions on engineering assignments at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- In today’s global social media platforms such as Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, Weibo, WeChat, Wikipedia, web sites, and blogs: Human Sciences in Communication Essay, UCISS, Malaysia
- International bond and equity trading significantly affect the international portfolio investment of the organization: International Finance Management Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- Imagine you are starting a new company and Write the details about the company plus the details of the product e.g., manufacturing processes, materials needed: BUSINESS MATHEMATICS Assignment, UTHM, Malaysia
- CBS1323: Identify the components of business information system And Identify technologies in supporting decision: Management Information Systems Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- NBNS3603: Reflection is essential to help us develop our understanding of ourselves, our learning experiences, and responses to what we are learning: Reflective Thinking and Writing Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- In recent years, the UK has witnessed bank failures mis-selling of financial products, and various scandals: Contemporary Issues in Banking, Assignment, KU, Malaysia
- “Every line manager is also an HR manager”. Clearly explain the meaning of this statement in the context of the changing role of the HR function: Human Resource Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- MPU3223/03: What are the challenges that you face when making decisions at the workplace: Decision Making Skills Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- ECO2103: The global spread of covid-19 impacts all the industries throughout the world: Principles of microeconomics Essay, IIU, Malaysia
- SC025: Construct a program that performs one-dimensional array operations for problems involving linear search: Computer Science Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia