UCV4612 The plaintiffs are spouses. On 28 March 2022 the plaintiffs found out that the defendant had uploaded: Civil Procedure 1 Course Work, MMU, Malaysia
|Multimedia University (MMU)
|UCV4612 Civil Procedure 1
INSTRUCTIONS TO SOLICITORS
The plaintiffs are spouses. On 28 March 2022 the plaintiffs found out that the defendant had uploaded a posting on her Facebook account which they pleaded to contain several defamatory and false statements, and which put a negative light on the image and personality of the plaintiffs. It was alleged that the defendant had continuously made defamatory remarks which had in turn caused her friends to post further allegedly defamatory statements.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
As a result, the plaintiffs pleaded that they had suffered emotional stress, depression, and extreme shame especially when dealing with family members, close friends, colleagues, neighbors, clients, and everyone who personally knew them. The plaintiffs file a writ and statement of claim against the defendant on 24 December 2022, in which writ and statement of claim were then served on the defendant on 27 December 2022 by AR Registered post at the defendant’s last known address. The defendant fails to file a memorandum of appearance, hence, judgment in default of appearance was entered against the defendant on 20 February 2023.
The judgment was served to the defendant at last known address by AR Registered post on 01 April 2023. Only on 23 October 2023, the defendant filed an application to set aside the judgment in default of appearance entered.
The crux of the defendant’s contention is that the judgment obtained was irregular and that in any event the defendant had a defence of merits. Plaintiff’s contention is that the judgment was regular.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Excel academically with our services—your reliable Assignment Helper Malaysia and go-to Coursework Writing Help in Malaysia! Malaysian students tackling subjects like Civil Procedure 1 Course Work at MMU can now enlist our expert assistance.Pay our professionals for tailored support, ensuring success in your coursework. From complex legal scenarios to handling cases involving spouses, trust our experts to guide you to triumph. Conquer academic challenges with our reliable support.
Recent Solved Questions
- BBF201: In order to prepare to send his child to a medical school in the future, Encik Ishak wants to accumulate RM1.5 million: Introduction To Financial Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- MGW2230: What is Organizational behavior (OB) Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- BNNS6253 There is an increase in the prevalence of Colorectal cancer in Malaysia and worldwide. Nurses have a vital role in the early: Gastrointestinal Nursing Essay, LUC, Malaysia
- XBFS4103: Food safety is something that must not be taken lightly and Productivity can be increased through the production of safe and quality: Osh Issues In Workplace Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- GSGM7223 Discuss how should Adams and his teams keep the organization aligned with changes in the environment?: MANAGING ORGANISATION Assignment, UNITAR, MALAYSIA
- A solution containing methoxide ions, CH30* ions, in methanol can be prepared by adding sodium hydride to methanol: Organic Chemistry Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- Imagine you are required to conduct a survey concerning the security awareness and competency in relation to Wireless LAN: Information Technology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Which leadership approach/s would you personally employ or apply at work? why? This is an academic paper: Leadership and Organizational Behavior Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- MGT555: Calculate the frequency distribution of customer demographics such as age, gender, race, education, and occupation: Business Analytics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- BMK311: Smart Home Technology was introduced in the early 2000s. Everyone in the world began talking about the Internet of Things: Product Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia