PSY231: you are required to select one topic or issue from any area of psychology, and explain how the issue can be viewed from an evolutionary psychology perspective: Evolutionary Psychology Essay, MUM, Malaysia
|University||Monash University Malaysia (MUM)|
|Subject||PSY231: Evolutionary Psychology|
Assignment 1 – Critical Application Essay
For this individual assignment, you are required to select one topic/issue from any area of psychology, and explain how the issue can be viewed from an evolutionary psychology perspective. That is, you need to critically evaluate a particular topic/issue in psychology, and analyze it using evolutionary psychology research, theories or hypotheses.
Select a topic that interests you personally, and do a literature review to see if there has been any research on that topic conducted from an evolutionary perspective.
If so, you then need to explain why viewing your chosen topic from an evolutionary perspective is useful or important. If there is a lack of research on your topic conducted from an evolutionary perspective, then you need to explain why – along with arguing for how evolutionary psychology can contribute to this topic
Example and Suggested Outline
Let’s say you have an interest in health psychology. Specifically, you are concerned with rising obesity rates in a particular country, which can lead to a host of health complications.
You review past research and find that the existing research focuses on high sugar/caloric value food (such as sweetened beverages) as being the chief cause of obesity in modern society (Malik et al. 2010). You notice however, that less research explain why we have such a preference for sweet food.
Research from nutritionists however, suggests that a strong preference for sweet, high-caloric value foods may be part of our evolutionary heritage (Lieberman, 2003). Hunter-gatherer societies preferred such foods because of the high energy content it provided for them.
This would be essential for survival in environments where food was scarce. Obesity, and its associated health complications, could be a maladaptive response towards our liking for such sweet foods.
In the final section of the essay, you will then need to provide recommendations that will help improve the current situation and provide some kind of benefit to society.
For instance, health interventions and programs may highlight the mismatch between our primitive dietary requirements with that of today’s lifestyle and inform the public that while we have a natural preference for sweet foods, adopting a more balanced, less-sugary diet may prevent health complications as a result of consuming too much sugar.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Get a top-rated essay writing service online on PSY231: Evolutionary Psychology by Malaysia Assignment help. our professional essay writers are well-educated to write proper custom essay papers on almost subjects. so what are you waiting for just hire write my essay for me service at a cost-effective price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Jayden, born on May 2021, is a 3-year-old Boy, the only child in the family, having difficulties with social skills and sharing: Socio-Emotional Development of Children Case Study, UPM, Malaysia
- Explain the essential facts, concepts, principles, strategies, and theories relating to Information Technology applications: C Programming Assignment, UU, Malaysia
- MBOC7043: Recognize in-depth the fundamentals of managing information and technology, and various organizational systems: Managing Information Report, IMUM, Malaysia
- A tool to estimate food intake – individual/group. The food Composition Table for the USA has been published in 1981: Food Science and Technology Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- ECO162: Explain briefly the type of business, the background of the company, and the type of product produced: Microeconomics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- UW00802: AHLI POLITIK WAJAR MENGAMBIL BERAT NASIHAT DITITAH YDPA BAGI MELESTARIKAN: Appreciation of ethics and civilization Thesis, UMS, Malaysia
- choose one (1) social media platform (for example, Meta, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Google, etc.). Examine their content moderation policies: Communication Law and Ethics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- What is the Company’s market Penetration Strategy (intensive, selective, etc.) and How do the Channels Being used Reflect that Strategy: Supply Chain Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- PGBM150: The assessment has been specifically designed to accommodate the students varying commercial knowledge and understanding of module content: Innovation Entrepreneurship & Technology Transfer Report, SU, Malaysia
- How would an exhaustive serial search work in comparison to a self-terminating serial search so that the exhaustive: English Essay, UOM, Malaysia