Identify a conflict on the theme of change that is explored in the novel: Malaysian Popular Literature and Culture Assignment, UNM, Malaysia
|University of Nottingham Malaysia (UNM)
|Popular Literature and Culture Assignment
Write a short essay of about 800 words (+/-10%) on K. S. Maniam’s The Return. In your essay, identify a conflict on the theme of change that is explored in the novel and argue as to which side–if any–the text seems to favour; if it does not appear to favour any side, then make a case for what the novel is saying about change. Provide evidence to support your interpretation of the novel, while acknowledging how others might interpret the evidence differently.
Conclude by offering your own viewpoint about what you think the novel is saying about change. Given that this is a relatively short essay compared to the novel, your argument will be best served by focusing on a particular aspect of the text. Your essay must adhere to the MLA citation style. There is no need to refer to secondary sources (i.e. any other text or materials besides the novel) to write the essay.
However, you are required to demonstrate a familiarity with how to cite evidence from the novel, whether by direct quotation or paraphrase, using the MLA style. Please ensure that you provide a full bibliographic citation of the novel at the end of your essay.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Recent Solved Questions
- MKTG3040: You are required to select an experience when visiting a service organisation by choosing any ONE company from ONE category of the industry : Services Marketing Report, UON, Malaysia
- We use the natural zeolite clinoptilolite as the sensitive element in a plasticized PVC membrane: High Electron Mobility Transistor Research Paper, UM, Malaysia
- Human effort in the organization is indispensable. It constitutes a complex phenomenon for managers of such organizations: International Building Control Report, TARC, Malaysia
- BBM206: San Bhd manufactures and distributes glassware in Malaysia. The following ratios are based on its financial statements: Accounting and Costing Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Ms. Kate is the principal of Unitarian Preschool with 14 years of experience. She is invited to attend a parent-teacher: Family & Community in Early Childhood Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- It may be apparent that the environment in which the organization operates is changing. Organizational leaders may have good ideas: Strategic Management Essay, ASB, Malaysia
- Stock funds reflect equity ownership in a publicly listed corporation. Companies raise cash by issuing shares as part: Finance Essay, UON, Malaysia
- LGP7024 Explain the differences between the civil and criminal jurisdiction of these courts: Malaysia Legal System Assignment, VUC, Malaysia
- The flagship state campuses are led by a Rector and smaller campuses are led by a Coordinator: Quantitative method for business Assignment, LU, Malaysia
- DFN5013 Guide STV Corporation in making their investment decision in bonds, common stock: Financial Management Assignment, MSU, Malaysia