Budgetmart, a U.S. discount retailing was established in the 1980s by John Victor near Norwalk, California: Transnational Management Case Study, UNM, Malaysia
|University||University of Nottingham Malaysia (UNM)|
Budgetmart, a U.S. discount retailing was established in the 1980s by John Victor near Norwalk, California. Budgetmart operates in more than 1,200 locations around the country. The ﬁrm has carefully developed its brand image, which focuses on oﬀering goods at reasonable rates.
The company’s success can be attributed in part to its ability to oﬀer stylish, branded products at discount pricing while also providing ﬁrst-rate customer service. The ﬁrm’s motto illustrates its dedication to this: “Except More, Spend Less, Save Money”.
In 2010, Budgetmart decided to enter the Canadian market. During that, cross-border shopping is popular in Canada and most Canadian consumers knew American Budgetmart. Hence, this contributed to Budgetmart’s decision to enter that market. Budgetmart’s entry into the Canadian retail market was dreaded by many competing retailers. Budgetmart announced an uncharacteristically bold international expansion plan in hopes to take the Canadian market by storm.
However, the American retail behemoth announced its exit from the Canadian market in December 2013, three years after Budgetmart first entered the country, resulting in a $3 billion net loss and the loss of almost 10,000 jobs
The ﬁrm did not regard its Canadian location as a newcomer that needed to entice customers away from rival retailers but rather handled them the same as its operating stores in the U.S. The ﬁrm did not take into consideration unique geographical, and linguistic diﬀerences and government rules and regulations in Canada.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Attention all university students! Are you struggling with assignments and feeling overwhelmed with your academic workload? Don't worry, Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is here to assist you! Our team of experienced Malaysian assignment experts are well-versed in various academic fields and are dedicated to delivering high-quality work to help you achieve academic success. Whether you need assistance with essays, research papers, or other assignments, our team is ready to assist you.
Recent Solved Questions
- Currently, you are hired as a programmer to analyze their first-quarter sales result for two newly targeted districts as shown below: Principles of Programming Report, APU, Malaysia
- MGT420: It is the determining of an organization’s goals and deciding how best to achieve them. The organization obtains: Company Implementation of the Principles of Management Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- BBMC4103: Discussing the concepts and theories of organizational change and applying it in the real business world: Change Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BBPS4103: Conduct an internal analysis for Apollo Food Holdings Berhad and an external analysis for the industry related to the company: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- For this individual assignment, you are requested to do a thorough review from varieties of resources on the Convention: Study Early Childhood Education Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- BHMC3004: Refer to Data Assignment 1, and select a proportionate stratified probability sample of 40 cities according to the region: Statistical Analysis for Communication Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- PSY231: you are required to select one topic or issue from any area of psychology, and explain how the issue can be viewed from an evolutionary psychology perspective: Evolutionary Psychology Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- Your final piece of assessment for this Module is a research report. It will be based on the data set you will be given: Statistic Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- BBM203/03: David set a mathematics quiz for his students The quiz is marked out of 10 His students’ marks are summarized: Business Statistics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- You are tasked to demonstrate the feasibility and complexity of the IATA information system in terms of the data structures to be deployed for their operations and database storage: Data Structure and Algorithm Report, MUM, Malaysia