G1N2: A coffee manufacturer has recently been prosecuted for selling an underweight 100g jar of coffee: Business Mathematics Assignment, UBir, Malaysi
|University||University of Birmingham (UBir)|
|Subject||G1N2: Business Mathematics|
A coffee manufacturer has recently been prosecuted for selling an underweight 100g jar of coffee. You have been asked to give assistance to the quality control manager who is investigating the problem. Jars are filled automatically and the filling machine can be preset to any desired weight.
For the 100g jars of coffee, a weight of 101g is set. There is no subsequent checking of the weight of individual jars, although samples are occasionally taken to check for quality. The standard deviation will depend to a certain extent on the mean weight, but for weights between 90g and 110g, it is virtually constant at 1.5g.
You have been asked to apply your knowledge of the normal distribution to the problem. In particular, you have been told that prosecution only occurs when the product is underweight by more than 2%, so you need to find the probability that such a weight could happen by chance.
- Assuming that the mean weight is 101g, what proportion of jars are:
- Under 100g in weight?
- Under 98g in weight?
- Under 97g in weight?
- Over 100g?
- What should the mean weight be set to in order that the probability of a jar weighing less than 98g is less than 0.1%?
- Write a short note to the Quality Control Manager summarising your results.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Acquire the best assistance to finish your assignment in a short time. We have a group of well-trained assignment writers at malaysiaassignmenthelp.com. who can provide you (G1N2) Business Mathematics Assignment according to your university requirement at a reasonable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- BBEK1103: Principles Of Microeconomics | OUM Assignment Help
- HMEF5103: It is undisputed that quality teachers play an important role in student achievement. Many high-performing school: Qualitative Research Methodology, OUM, Malaysia
- You are Working as a Counselor at Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur In the Recent Management Meeting: English for occupational purpose Report, UTHM, Malaysia
- TMF1414: Your task is to develop a room reservation system for My Vacation Hotel The room tariff for this hotel is given in the table below: Programming Assignment, UNIMAS, Malaysia
- Thinking skills and problem solving – University Of Malaysia- You are a single parent with three young children. Your spouse has just passed away recently due to a motor-road accident
- M250: Object-Oriented Development with Java COVID-19 VACCINE REGISTRATION SYSTEM: Oriented Development with Java Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BUSN6120: Given a linear demand function of the form qxd = 500 – 2px – 3py + 0.01m, find the inverse linear demand function assuming m = 20,000 and py = 10: Managerial Economics Assignment
- A business to have a competitive advantage in order to survive Management needs to make an effective strategy: Managerial Statistic Home Work, UON, Malaysia
- Tourism impacts are derived from various types of tourism development and activities The positive impacts of tourism generate many benefits: Project Management Assignment, UOM, Malaysia
- UBTE2013: The Students are Required to Choose one Successful BUMIPUTERA Entrepreneur in Malaysia: Entrepreneurship Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia