G1N2: A coffee manufacturer has recently been prosecuted for selling an underweight 100g jar of coffee: Business Mathematics Assignment, UBir, Malaysi
|University||University of Birmingham (UBir)|
|Subject||G1N2: Business Mathematics|
A coffee manufacturer has recently been prosecuted for selling an underweight 100g jar of coffee. You have been asked to assist the quality control manager who is investigating the problem. Jars are filled automatically and the filling machine can be preset to any desired weight.
For the 100g jars of coffee, a weight of 101g is set. There is no subsequent checking of the weight of individual jars, although samples are occasionally taken to check for quality. The standard deviation will depend to a certain extent on the mean weight, but for weights between 90g and 110g, it is virtually constant at 1.5g.
You have been asked to apply your knowledge of the normal distribution to the problem. In particular, you have been told that prosecution only occurs when the product is underweight by more than 2%, so you need to find the probability that such a weight could happen by chance.
- Assuming that the mean weight is 101g, what proportion of jars are:
- Under 100g in weight?
- Under 98g in weight?
- Under 97g in weight?
- Over 100g?
- What should the mean weight be set to so that the probability of a jar weighing less than 98g is less than 0.1%?
- Write a short note to the Quality Control Manager summarising your results.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Acquire the best assistance to finish your assignment in a short time. We have a group of well-trained assignment writers at malaysiaassignmenthelp.com. who can provide you with (G1N2) Business Mathematics Assignment according to your university requirement at a reasonable price?
Recent Solved Questions
- BFW3121: The table below depict the expected return CCC Berhad and XXX Berhad for April and May:: Investments and portfolio management Coursework, MUM, Malaysia
- BBGO4103: Workforce concerns have been a hot topic of discussion in Malaysia’s many industries: Organisational Behaviour Report, OUM, Malaysia
- Determine the minimum fresh water and minimum wastewater targets for the above system using water cascade analysis: Advanced process integration Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- HMEE5013: As a graduate student, you need to be familiar with research and publication as part of the contribution to the corpus of knowledge in tertiary education: Educational Administration Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- MGT 269: Students need to write an analytical report It is one of the methods to evaluate students understanding of real-world: Business Communication Report, UiTM, Malaysia
- Company SBS9 is evaluating the following list of Investments The target capital structure is to use 50% Debt and 50% Equity: Finance, Accounting and Management Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- Your group is the investment review committee of RT Property Management Sdn Bhd: Management and Science Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- Understand the aspects of liability insurance & Explain the meaning of liability insurance: International Business Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- BFN20203: You are required to collect the closing MONTHLY share prices of FOUR 4 companies from the main market: Financial Management Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- WUC203/03: What are the two advantages and two disadvantages of food delivery service: Writing Skills for University Studies Assignment, WOU, Malaysia