FIT1047: Briefly explain why it is important that the operating system manages the files stored on your computer : Introduction to computer systems, networks and security Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
|University||Monash University Malaysia (MUM)|
|Subject||FIT1047: Introduction to computer systems networks and security|
Part 1: Processes
For this task, write a brief report about the processes that are running on your computer. You can use one of the following tools (depending on your operating system):
● On Windows, use the Task Manager
● On macOS, use the Activity Monitor
● On Linux, use a command-line tool like top or the ps command
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Answer the following questions:
1. Briefly describe the columns displayed by the tool you use that relate to a) memory usage and b) CPU usage of a process. What can you say about the overall memory usage of all processes, compared to the RAM installed in your computer?
2. Pick a process you perhaps don’t know much about, or which you did not expect to find running on your computer. Try to find out and describe briefly what it does.
3. Briefly explain why it is important that the operating system manages the files stored on your computer (rather than each application having to manage those files itself).
Part 2: MARIE Programming
In this task, you will develop a MARIE program that implements a clone of the popular Wordle game. We will break this task down into small steps for you.
Most of the tasks require you to write code and test cases. On Moodle, you will find a template for the code. It contains some subroutines that you should use, as well as a number of predefined test cases. Your submission must be based on this template, i.e., you must add implementations of your own subroutines into this template. The code must contain comments, and you submit the .mas file together with the rest of your assignment.
In-class interviews: You will be required to demonstrate your code to your tutor after the submission deadline. Failure to demonstrate will lead to zero marks being awarded for the entire assignment.
Code similarity: We use tools to check for collaboration and copying between students. If you copy parts of your code from other students, or you let them copy parts of your code, you will receive 0 marks for the entire assignment.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
If you are looking for online assignment writing. You can save your time and hire professional writers at Malaysia Assignment Help. Our Ph.D. and master's degree experts have the capability to provide well-researched solutions on it assignments at a low-cost price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Great Excel Traders has a branch at Kota Tinggi. All accounts are maintained at the Head Office in Johor Bahru: Accounting and Finance Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- ETR253E: Choose one ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS (Examples: pollution, land degradation etc.) that caused by tourism industry and conduct an internet search on the impact that you have chosen: TOURISM Report, KCC, Malaysia
- Critically discuss pertaining to the FIVE (5) important viewpoints on what makes a Good Project Manager to decide on the above matter: Procurement Management Case Study, Malaysia
- In Malaysia, there are two different types of mediation practices Firstly, mediation is available in the court: Alternative dispute resolution Essay Malaysia
- SKMM2413: Choose a value for the polytropic exponent between 1.2-1.6. Using Microsoft Excel, construct the process: Thermodynamics Assignment, UMT, Malaysia
- you are required to conduct a root cause analysis based on the Malware infection scenario: AICT006-4-1-AFM Advanced Forensics Methods Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Calculate mean, mode median, variance, and standard deviation of data above And Construct data above into a table: BIOSTAT Assignment, UNISEL, Malaysia
- CAT3044: You must adhere to the university college regulations on academic conduct Formal inquiry proceedings will be instigated: Enterprise Architecture Assignment, UOW, Malaysia
- Which aspects of globalization has a positive or negative affect on YOUR COMPANY OR YOUR INDUSTRY: International Business Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Ability to obtain and analyze the Thevenin equivalent circuit: Electronic Assignment, MMU, Malaysia