FIT1047: Briefly explain why it is important that the operating system manages the files stored on your computer : Introduction to computer systems, networks and security Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
|University||Monash University Malaysia (MUM)|
|Subject||FIT1047: Introduction to computer systems networks and security|
Part 1: Processes
For this task, write a brief report about the processes that are running on your computer. You can use one of the following tools (depending on your operating system):
● On Windows, use the Task Manager
● On macOS, use the Activity Monitor
● On Linux, use a command-line tool like top or the ps command
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Answer the following questions:
1. Briefly describe the columns displayed by the tool you use that relate to a) memory usage and b) CPU usage of a process. What can you say about the overall memory usage of all processes, compared to the RAM installed in your computer?
2. Pick a process you perhaps don’t know much about, or which you did not expect to find running on your computer. Try to find out and describe briefly what it does.
3. Briefly explain why it is important that the operating system manages the files stored on your computer (rather than each application having to manage those files itself).
Part 2: MARIE Programming
In this task, you will develop a MARIE program that implements a clone of the popular Wordle game. We will break this task down into small steps for you.
Most of the tasks require you to write code and test cases. On Moodle, you will find a template for the code. It contains some subroutines that you should use, as well as a number of predefined test cases. Your submission must be based on this template, i.e., you must add implementations of your own subroutines into this template. The code must contain comments, and you submit the .mas file together with the rest of your assignment.
In-class interviews: You will be required to demonstrate your code to your tutor after the submission deadline. Failure to demonstrate will lead to zero marks being awarded for the entire assignment.
Code similarity: We use tools to check for collaboration and copying between students. If you copy parts of your code from other students, or you let them copy parts of your code, you will receive 0 marks for the entire assignment.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
If you are looking for online assignment writing. You can save your time and hire professional writers at Malaysia Assignment Help. Our Ph.D. and master's degree experts have the capability to provide well-researched solutions on it assignments at a low-cost price.
Recent Solved Questions
- EMCA5103: provide the student with the practical skills and theoretical for risk management plan with essential traits to achieve the project’s goals and objectives: Project Cost Analysis And Appraisal Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- In recent years, the UK has witnessed bank failures mis-selling of financial products, and various scandals: Contemporary Issues in Banking, Assignment, KU, Malaysia
- HIA303: To perform preprocessing and data analysis (statistics) with Python on the given dataset and find the best-supervised: Health Data Analytics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- MKW2460: Your group is to assume that you are the Marketing Communication Manager (IMC Manager), and you are to develop a new product: Integrated marketing communication Report, MUM, Malaysia
- What is the correlation coefficient of the linear regression equation? What does this tell you? Explain: Statistics for Engineering Technology Case Study, UniKL, Malaysia
- Super-resolution methods for enhancing Google Maps satellite images. Google map is a great website for us to get satellite images: Research Methods Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- ACC4304: Critically evaluate the role of an audit committee in ensuring the suitability, objectivity, and independence of external audits: Accounting Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- BBRC4103: The first stage of research is to identify problems or issues in business and management and to justify the need for research: Research Methodology Research Paper, OUM, Malaysia
- BBPB2103: The purpose of this assignment is to enhance learners’ ability to explain the disciplinary procedures and challenges in taking disciplinary: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- This assignment seeks to enhance the students’ knowledge of the various development policies that have been formulated: Construction Economics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia