Vibram Co. the company that makes Five Fingers running shoes, has agreed to settle a lawsuit: business ethics Assignment, ATC, Malaysia
|Angkasa Training Centre(ATC)
|business ethics Assignment
Vibram Co. the company that makes Five Fingers running shoes, has agreed to settle a lawsuit that alleged the company made false and unsubstantiated claims about the health benefits of its glove-like footwear. According to the court filings, Vibram settled to put the matter to rest and avoid any additional legal expenses.
Valerie Bezdek had brought the class action suit against Vibram. She filed her
complaint in court and alleged that Vibram deceived consumers by advertising that the footwear could reduce foot injuries and strengthen foot muscles, without basing these assertions on any scientific merit. The gist of her claims was that Vibram illegally obtained an economic windfall from her because it was only by making false health claims that Vibram induced consumers to buy Five Fingers shoes, and to pay more for them than they would otherwise.
The settlement consists of two kinds of relief. The first is refunds to class members who submit valid and completed claim forms. Vibram will deposit $ 3.75 million into an escrow account and those funds will be distributed to those valid class members who purchased a pair of Vibram Five Fingers shoes between March and the date of the first dissemination of summary settlement notice or class notice, whichever is earlier.
Five Fingers will award up to a maximum of $ 94 per pair, though the agreement acknowledges that based on similar settlements it is reasonable for class members to expect to receive between $ 20 and $ 50 per pair. For the second part of the settlement, Vibram has agreed to discontinue to make any claims that Five Fingers footwear is effective in strengthening muscles or reducing injuries in its marketing and advertising campaigns, unless the company discovers new scientific evidence that proves it.
Vibram is required to establish a website, www.fivefingerssettlement.com, to inform class members of the terms of the agreement. The company is also required to post banner ads with the settlement information on a number of websites, including Runnersworld.com and Facebook.com, in order to deliver this message.
a. Advise Vibram five benefits of conducting business ethically. Provide relevant facts from the case to support your answer
b. Suggest five actions that Vibram could pursue during this crisis.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
For students at Angkasa Training Centre (ATC) tackling the Business Ethics Assignment concerning the lawsuit settlement of Vibram Co., our services as a cheap assignment helper and Research Paper Help are tailored to offer essential aid.Malaysian students facing challenges in comprehending ethical aspects of real-world business scenarios, like the settlement case involving Vibram Co., can pay our experts for guidance. We specialize in providing support that ensures a comprehensive understanding of these critical subjects, aiding students at ATC, Malaysia, in excelling in their coursework.
Recent Solved Questions
- The purpose of this assignment is to establish students’ skills in identifying issues related to public policy: Bachelor of Environmental Management Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- The buycar is a used car reseller situated in Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia. The business owner is planning: Data Structure Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- BBF305/03: Suppose there are an infinite number of assets with an expected return of 12% p a and a standard deviation: Investment and Portfolio Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- PKK5901 To provide knowledge and experiences for students to plan and do research projects in the field of nutrition: Nutrition Dissertation Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- BMG323/03: Using market basket analysis, construct a combination of two purchased items into an appropriate table: BUSINESS ANALYTICS Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- BQS560: Understanding and synthesizing information gained from the main source of reference. Critically appraise the information: Project Management I Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- I know much money must be put into a bank account yielding 5% annually in order to have RM 250 at the end of five years: Financial Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- As a creative director of a new fashion company, you are required to create one fashionable product: Innovation Management Report, UniKL, Malaysia
- The construction materials would be used in the design of the structure should be selected based on the requirements: Reinforce Concrete Design Assignment, UMP, Malaysia
- You are require to create a fork program in C programming language You are free to create as many as you need for child of this program: Network Programming Coursework, LU, Malaysia