The utilization of fossil fuels has stimulated economic perception and environmental considerations including energy crisis: Inorganic Chemistry Research Paper, UPM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)|
The utilization of fossil fuels has stimulated economic perception and environmental considerations including energy crisis, global warming, air pollution, and skyrocketing, contributing to the need for renewable energy sources. Biomass raw materials are crucial tools in the renewable energy system. According to statistics, the total primary energy supply from biomass resources constitutes almost 70% of all renewable energy sources as of 2016.
Biofuels are the top renewable solutions for the transport sector, especially for heavy transport such as aviation and shipping. Biofuel production has risen more than ten times from the sixteen billion litres in 2000 to one hundred and forty – three billion litres as of 2017. Biofuels can be extracted from organic wastes and diverse bio compounds such as triglycerides. Natural triglycerides extracted from vegetable oils and animal fats have a glycerol backbone with three fatty acid moieties that produce hydrocarbon fuels due to their simple structure and low levels of functionalization.
The two primary catalytic reactions that can change triglycerides into biofuels for diesel engines are; transesterification with methanol to get fatty acid methyl esters and the catalytic deoxygenation process, which produces biodiesel also called green diesel. FAMEs are utilized in the diesel blending with limiting factors such as less compatibility with conventional diesel, low stability in thermal oxidation, and engine complication resulting from C=C and C=O bond residues, hindering their application in the industry.
On the contrary, the biodiesel extracted from the deoxygenated vegetable oil and animal fats possesses more reliable diesel properties, including zero oxygen, high thermal and oxidation stability, and cetane numbers. For instance, palm oil possesses primary C16 and C18 fatty acids, reliable feedstock for biodiesel manufacture via catalytic deoxygenation. The produced biodiesel had high cetane numbers ranging between eighty – five to ninety–nine, fully meeting the compatible standards for conventional diesel fuels.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Our experts at Malaysia Assignment Help provide the highest quality research paper help on Inorganic Chemistry within the stipulated deadline. Our writers always offer well-formatted and error-free research papers on physics, chemistry, accounting, finance, etc more subjects at a pocket-friendly price.
Recent Solved Questions
- TSI2241: Compare and contrast between horizontal and vertical integration. The report should contain: System Integration and Architecture Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- Create an Awareness and Understanding of the Debates that Surround Modernism and Modern Architecture: Interior Architecture and Design Essay, BCU, Malaysia
- How managers identify the information needed to make decisions and how that information is analyzed: Management Decision Making Essay, UON, Malaysia
- Discuss the tragedy happened in this movie from the point of view of the Domino Theory and Multiple Causation Theory: Occupational Safety and Health Management Report, OUM, malaysia
- In view of relevant case-law and academic opinion, critically examine to what extent the rise of AI may be a good opportunity: Intellectual Property Law Course Work, UiTM, Malaysia
- HE119/BHH1103: You are required to search for any two (2) company’s Annual Report (2020/2021) and Look at the company’s financial statements and gather the information that needs to be used to calculate financial ratio: Introduction To Hospitality Accounting Report, UCSI, Malaysia
- In how far Human Resource role have played a critical role in adapting the workforce and supporting business strategies: Human resource management Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- CBSE4103: A local bank intends to install a new Automated Teller Machine to allow bank customers to perform basic financial transactions: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- The management of an airport thinks that the way in which the airport is operated means that incoming flights: JAVA Programming Level 1 Assignment, UNIKL, Malaysia
- This assignment aims to demonstrate your knowledge and competency in planning, designing, preparing, administering, and appraising: Educational Assessment Malaysia