OUMH1303: Describe Effective Verbal and Non-Verbal Language in Expressing Formal: English For Oral Communication Assignment, OUM
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||OUMH1303: English For Oral Communication|
TASK 1: Individual Video Presentation
The task set for this assignment is designed to help you meet the following course learning outcomes (CLOs):
- Describe effective verbal and non-verbal language in expressing formal and informal communication; and
- Demonstrate the ability and confidence in preparing and practising effective communication skills in any setting.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
This task is an individual assignment. Choose ONE of the types of the speech below and prepare a speech on the topic: EDUCATION
- Informative OR
Delivering an effective speech is a skill that needs to be developed especially for those with job tasks involving speeches like teachers, salespeople, lawyers, and many others. Either you are delivering an informative speech or a persuasive one, you will need to prepare your speech text.
The followings are the task specifications in preparing the video:
- Start by planning your speech text – either in short notes or the complete text. Your introduction should state your name, ID, Course, and which type of speech with your speech title.
- You can refer to various resources or use your personal observations, experience, and knowledge for creating the content, but make sure that the content of the speech is appropriate to your targeted audience. The topic is wide, so you can choose any aspect of EDUCATION
- You will need to decide: who you are as a presenter or producer, your targeted audience, the surroundings, and other aspects to consider even though you are not going to mention it verbally in the presentation (OR you can decide to mention this aspect in your introduction of the video. In other words, you are free to be the “director” and the “producer” of the video)
- Plan visual aids. You are encouraged to use creativity and innovation in producing the video by catering to both brain’s visual and auditory systems, body language, facial expressions, imagery, and music, etc. You might want to use applications to further exemplify the presentation like PowerPoint Presentation, iMovie, Funimate, Adobe, and many others.
- Record your 10 – 15 minutes speech:
- Make sure that you have an introduction
- The purpose of the speech must either be to inform or to persuade.
- Your speech must be engaging and interesting.
- You must offer an ending (conclusion) in the video.
TASK 2: Reflective Report/Essay
Write a 4-5 page reflection on the process of carrying out the video presentation.
Your reflection essay MUST include the following (although it might not be in order):
- Reflection on the process; the planning stage of the video, during the recording of the video, and after the video has been recorded. Reflect on the challenges and what you did to overcome these challenges. How did you decide on the ‘director’ and the ‘producer’?
- The timeline of completing the visual aids accompanying the recording of the video. How long did you plan and record etc? How important is creativity and innovation in this task? Why do you say so?
- Reflection on how things could have been done in a better way. What might be the advantages/disadvantages of recording this video? During the process of the video, there might be some instances where you realized you could have done it in an easier way. Describe this situation.
- Show the video to ONE person and inquire if the speech is informative/persuasive. If he/she believes the video is neither, ask for other suggestions that might help improve the speech or the speaker. Share this person’s thoughts in your reflective essay.
- Your personal thoughts on completing this task (the video presentation). How do you feel about it? If you feel the video recording is not advisable, what would be a better alternative? Explain your rationale.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Our professional Malaysian assignment writers have the potential to write a top-quality assignment on any topic for (OUMH1303) English For Oral Communication. We have freelance assignment writers who are available 24/7 to assist the OUM students with English assignment help services.
Recent Solved Questions
- MPU3113: Perlembagaan Malaysia mula berkuatkuasa pada tahun 1957 Ia berfungsi sebagai asas bagi semua undang-undang: Hubungan Etink Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- KKKS6334: Water shortage has become a more pressing issue in Malaysia Here population continues to grow even with a dwindling water supply: Water Engineering Case Study, UKM, Malaysia
- It is commonly assumed that GREs produce scores with a mean of 500 In October 2020 the mean verbal score of 5701 Malaysian students: Statistics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- The Malaysian legal system has undergone tremendous development since Malaysia regains its independence in 1957: Malaysia Legal System Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- Selalu Sukses Sdn. Bhd. owned by Hsalut is a business specializing in trading nasi lemak: Accounting Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- FIN60104: Financial ratio analysis can be used for identifying some performance-related issues faced by a firm. Indeed: Introduction to Finance Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- MPU3223_V2: Choose a Popular Travel Agency in Malaysia Such as Reliance Travel: Entrepreneurship Assignment, OUM
- MKAE1083: A footbridge is required to provide communication between residential areas on either side of a dual carriageway road: Reinforced Concrete Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- CV81: You are to write a rather lengthy email to your juniors in the BSc Psychology degree program: History of Psychology Assignment, KU, Malaysia
- Pelajar dikehendaki menghasilkan sebuah tugasan ilmiah yang berkisar kepada tema yang akan ditentukan olch pcnsyarah: Pengantar Penulisan Assignment, UUM, Malaysia