OUMH1303: Describe Effective Verbal and Non-Verbal Language in Expressing Formal: English For Oral Communication Assignment, OUM
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||OUMH1303: English For Oral Communication|
TASK 1: Individual Video Presentation
The task set for this assignment is designed to help you meet the following course learning outcomes (CLOs):
- Describe effective verbal and non-verbal language in expressing formal and informal communication; and
- Demonstrate the ability and confidence in preparing and practising effective communication skills in any setting.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
This task is an individual assignment. Choose ONE of the types of the speech below and prepare a speech on the topic: EDUCATION
- Informative OR
Delivering an effective speech is a skill that needs to be developed especially for those with job tasks involving speeches like teachers, salespeople, lawyers, and many others. Either you are delivering an informative speech or a persuasive one, you will need to prepare your speech text.
The followings are the task specifications in preparing the video:
- Start by planning your speech text – either in short notes or the complete text. Your introduction should state your name, ID, Course, and which type of speech with your speech title.
- You can refer to various resources or use your personal observations, experience, and knowledge for creating the content, but make sure that the content of the speech is appropriate to your targeted audience. The topic is wide, so you can choose any aspect of EDUCATION
- You will need to decide: who you are as a presenter or producer, your targeted audience, the surroundings, and other aspects to consider even though you are not going to mention it verbally in the presentation (OR you can decide to mention this aspect in your introduction of the video. In other words, you are free to be the “director” and the “producer” of the video)
- Plan visual aids. You are encouraged to use creativity and innovation in producing the video by catering to both brain’s visual and auditory systems, body language, facial expressions, imagery, and music, etc. You might want to use applications to further exemplify the presentation like PowerPoint Presentation, iMovie, Funimate, Adobe, and many others.
- Record your 10 – 15 minutes speech:
- Make sure that you have an introduction
- The purpose of the speech must either be to inform or to persuade.
- Your speech must be engaging and interesting.
- You must offer an ending (conclusion) in the video.
TASK 2: Reflective Report/Essay
Write a 4-5 page reflection on the process of carrying out the video presentation.
Your reflection essay MUST include the following (although it might not be in order):
- Reflection on the process; the planning stage of the video, during the recording of the video, and after the video has been recorded. Reflect on the challenges and what you did to overcome these challenges. How did you decide on the ‘director’ and the ‘producer’?
- The timeline of completing the visual aids accompanying the recording of the video. How long did you plan and record etc? How important is creativity and innovation in this task? Why do you say so?
- Reflection on how things could have been done in a better way. What might be the advantages/disadvantages of recording this video? During the process of the video, there might be some instances where you realized you could have done it in an easier way. Describe this situation.
- Show the video to ONE person and inquire if the speech is informative/persuasive. If he/she believes the video is neither, ask for other suggestions that might help improve the speech or the speaker. Share this person’s thoughts in your reflective essay.
- Your personal thoughts on completing this task (the video presentation). How do you feel about it? If you feel the video recording is not advisable, what would be a better alternative? Explain your rationale.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Our professional Malaysian assignment writers have the potential to write a top-quality assignment on any topic for (OUMH1303) English For Oral Communication. We have freelance assignment writers who are available 24/7 to assist the OUM students with English assignment help services.
Recent Solved Questions
- Create a manufacturing company that acts as an end-product manufacturer. Your company must be in a developing: Supply Chain Management Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- MGT3073: In these days of near-instant unicorns and listings that net a fortune for founders, selling an innovative small business: Leadership Case Study, SU, Malaysia
- BTX5220: If individuals were employed solely on their ability to do the job, there would be no need for any anti-discrimination statutes: International Issues in Employment Law Coursework, MUM, Malaysia
- As a newly hired Chief Social Media Manager for the head office of an international organisation: BM004-3-1 BCS Business Communication Report, APU, Malaysia
- BBIM4103: Assume you are the marketing manager of a local organization that plans to expand its business presence in Europe: International Marketing Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Australia’s economy has plunged into its first recession in nearly thirty years, as it suffers the economic fallout from the coronavirus: Financial Economics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Figure I shows a one-meter bar with a non-insulating side surface. Students are required to identify a suitable non-linear: Computational Method for Mechanical Engineering Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- Your critical thinking on the comparison of the methane and carbon dioxide from landfills in Indonesia: Air Pollution Engineering Report, SU, Malaysia
- Perform a SWOT Analysis of the visit Health Insurance Company. Discuss the importance of Health Insurance: Health Insurance Report, BCU, Malaysia
- BBMF 3073: Risk Management analysis is the discipline of identifying business risk and determining solutions to business risk: Risk Management Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia