OUMH1203 The purpose of this assignment is to expose students to proper essay writing skills and introduce them to the step-by-step guide to writing an essay: English for written communication Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
|Subject||OUMH1203 English for written communication Assignment|
This assignment consists of TWO parts: Part I (comprises of THREE (3) tasks) and Part II.
The purpose of this assignment is to expose students to proper essay writing skills and introduce them to the step-by-step guide to writing an essay.
PART I: ESSAY WRITING (40%)
Some people say that Malaysians who make a lot of money are the most successful. Others think that Malaysians who contribute to society like scientists and teachers are more successful.
Discuss both views in an essay.
The planning and writing of your essay are divided into THREE (3) tasks:
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
TASK 1 – ESSAY OUTLINE (5%)
The first initial stage of writing an essay is the Pre-Writing stage, where you brainstorm, list your ideas and prepare any type of drafts for the essay.
Prepare an outline for the essay.
- Prepare an outline with a thesis statement. You can opt for the Sample Outline Format below or prepare your own outline.
- The thesis statement must include your stand on the main focus of the paper and the (list of) main points in the main body.
- The outline should be written according to the format of an essay: introduction, body and conclusion.
- The outline must list the points that discuss the topic given. These points must be arranged in a logical and coherent order to show a good flow of ideas.
SAMPLE OUTLINE FORMAT
– Introduction to the topic
– *Thesis Statement
- Point 1
- Supporting Detail
- a) Sub-example (if any)
- Point 2
- Supporting Detail
- a) Sub-example (if any)
* (same structure for Point 3 and so on)
–The conclusion of the essay
*one or two sentences that summarise the main point, main idea, or main message of your essay.
TASK 2 – DESCRIBING VISUAL DATA of a TABLE (10%)
Interview at least FIVE (5) people (who are known to you) to gather information about the essay topic and prepare a table to describe the findings. Refer to the following template with example.
The following are the interview questions that you should ask:
- Choose which one best represents your job: make a lot of money or contribute to society?
- Why do you say so? Please explain briefly
Submit the completed table and use the findings of this table to support your essay in Task 3.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
TASK 3 – ESSAY (25%)
Write a discussion essay between 2,000 words and 2,500 words on the given topic.
- The content of your essay must resemble the essay outline in Task 1 and must be supported with at least, some evidence in Task 2.
- The same thesis statement in the outline should be presented in the introductory paragraph of the essay.
- Refer to the assignment rubrics as a guide to achieving cohesion and coherence.
- Avoid plagiarism. You must support your essay with at least TWO (2) pieces of evidence from current and related literature (2017 – 2022). Use the APA format for in-text citations and the reference list. The TWO (2) references must be from different sources: journals, credible websites, books, magazines and newspapers.
- Remember to refer to Topics: 3, 4 and 5 of the OUMH 1203 Module.
[Total: 40 Marks]
PART II: ONLINE CLASS PARTICIPATION (10%)
Discuss the following topic(s) in the forum and submit proof of your participation in the online discussions:
- Share your experiences of essay writing during primary and secondary school.
- What do you think about the use of technology, especially Artificial Intelligence, in academic writing?
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SUBMIT PROOF OF ONLINE CLASS PARTICIPATION (10%)
Do the following:
|1.||Select the BEST FIVE (5) posts of your own from the e-forum discussion set up by your tutor.|
|2.||Take screenshots of the posts and include them in your assignment as IMAGES.|
|3.||The screenshots should be in an image file (either JPG or PNG format). See the screenshot example below|
|4.||The screenshots should CLEARLY display: Name, Discussion Title, Day, Date, and Time.|
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Seeking Assignment Writing Service in Malaysia? Struggling with OUMH1203 English for Written Communication Assignment at Open University Malaysia (OUM)? Look no further! Our expert team offers specialized assistance for Malaysian students to tackle their coursework challenges.Whether it's mastering Essay Writing skills or understanding the step-by-step guide to crafting an impeccable essay, our services are tailored to support your academic journey. Pay our experts for invaluable guidance and ace your assignments with confidence. Reach out to us today for top-notch Essay Writing Help and excel at OUMH1203 and beyond.
Recent Solved Questions
- Some weeks ago, you (Danny Lim) a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and a licensed Financial Planner met your old friend: Certified Financial Planner Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- BBM202: Though most countries in the world use the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) as an indicator of the well-being of the nation: Macroeconomics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- FIN30014: Industrial commodities in China mostly rose as the number of Covid-19 cases fell and the government began to loosen the restrictions: Financial Risk Management Case Study, SUT, Malaysia
- BM001: Critically review the published work in the area of study which the student is undertaking. In doing so, the learner will: Research Methodology Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- We expect that you will remember what you learn from writing this paper long after the class is over: Biomechanics Assignment, UOC, Malaysia
- The current dataset is related to the basic items from grocery section of 4 different hypermarkets in Malaysia: Statistics and Decision Analysis Report, APU, Malaysia
- CBMS4303: Information system is one of the big and popular issues where most companies and organizations currently struggling to get the best out of their data management: Management information system Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- According to Khalifa & Alswailem, (2021) at King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Saudi Arabia, the implementation and upgrading of the hospital information: MBA in Healthcare Management Case Study, APU, Malaysia
- Poverty is considered one of the major hindrances to the economic development in the least developed countries: International Business Issues and Polices Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- BER2013: You are required to produce a comparison study for at least 2 data structure/ algorithm by creating Java console application using modern tools: ALGORITHM DESIGN AND ANALYSIS Assignment, UCSI, Malaysia