LEI3044: you are required to build an insider threat mitigation program for your company: MANAGING SECURED ENVIRONMENTS Assignment, SUC, Malaysia
|University||Saito University College (SUC)|
|Subject||LEI3044: MANAGING SECURED ENVIRONMENTS|
Group Assignment : Insider Threat Mitigation
Surveys indicate that many workers are reluctant to report unethical practices, including stealing in the workplace. Although a law was passed to counter unethical corporate behaviour and protect workers who report unethical activities, many employees still face loss of their jobs or ridicule if they blow the whistle on corporate misconduct (Spherion, 2006) Further, it has been reported that nearly 25% percent of young workers aged 18 to 24 do not believe that stealing office supplies for personal use is wrong.
Many steal employer property, including pens, pencils, paper, self-adhesive notepads, and paper clips without regard to the activity’s illegality. Employee theft costs American business over $40 billion each year.
(Wulfhorst, 2006) Unethical behaviour, dishonesty and theft in the workplace often occur in a gradual incremental process. Theft, in particular stems from a complex set of causes. Foremost among them is simply that an opportunity to steal arises, because chances of getting caught are low.
Additional causes include low workforce morale, employees’ sense that they are being underpaid and minimal consequences for getting caught stealing (Walsh, 2000) As seemingly insignificant misconduct and theft go undetected, perpetrators often rationalize larger transgressions. Even high-level executives can become tempted to steal. Consider Dale Frantz, the former chief information officer of Auto Warehousing Company.
Frantz embezzled more than $500,000 from his company during 2007-2009 and was sentenced to nearly 6 years in prison. He used a number of strategies to steal the funds, including writing up fraudulent invoices for expense reports and changing legitimate reports to maximize his reimbursements. In addition, he used company funds to buy computer equipment that he resold on the Internet.
A successful threat management strategy can reduce the risk posed by a person of concern, prevent an insider incident, and protect the organization and its people.
As a team in the security department, you are required to build an insider threat mitigation program for your company.
i. Management responsibility
ii. Establish goals/objectives
b) Organize and equipment
i. Detecting and identifying insider threats
ii. Threat management team
iii. Assess insider threats
c) Train and execute
i. Suggest ways to execute the plan
d) Evaluation and Improvement
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are you willing to pay someone to do my assignment on LEI3044: MANAGING SECURED ENVIRONMENTS then experts of Malaysia assignment help always ready to tackle all kinds of problems related to management assignments. our experts writer guarantee you to provide 100% plagiarism-free essay writing service at a cost-effective price.
Recent Solved Questions
- LAW 3711: Mee Lan left RM 3000 for the maintenance of aged and poor people at Gunung Ledang: Equity & Trusts II Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
- In this assignment, your team is asked to develop a store management system (SMS) in Java using Eclipse IDE and object-oriented programming concepts: Object Orientation Programming Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- Identify suitable mathematical models based on different types of problems that exist related to appropriate approaches: Operational Research Research Paper, TUE, Malaysia
- The Director of Economics and Policy (PwC) emphasizes data’s function as the catalyst for a country’s growth: Advanced Data Analysis Essay, SU, Malaysia
- ABDT3173: Examine the central concept of CRM. Determine the contributing factors of a customer-centric organization: Customer Relationship Management Home Work, TARC, Malaysia
- Evaluate the impact of emerging technologies such as blockchain and artificial intelligence on the protection of intellectual: Management Information System Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Discuss what is a competitive advantage. Why is so important that competitive advantage needs: strategic management Assignment, ATC, Malaysia
- Across the street from a sandwich shop and a fried chicken joint, a greenmarket sprouts up every Wednesday in the Mott Haven: Effective English Assignment, UON, Malaysis
- WUC203: The World Economic Forum’s Future of Jobs Report claims that half the workforce will have to be reskilled: Writing Skills for University Studies Essay, WOU, Malaysia
- MPU3343: Bronfenbrenner’s bio-ecological theory introduces five main constructs that influence child development: Family and Society Assignment, WOU, Malaysia