GSRM7223: The disposal will simplify the Tesco Group, enabling a stronger focus on its retail businesses in the UK and Ireland and in Central Europe: Marketing Management Assignment, UIU, Malaysia
|University||UNITAR International University (UIU)|
|Subject||GSRM7223: Marketing Management|
“The disposal will simplify the Tesco Group, enabling a stronger focus on its retail businesses in the UK and Ireland and in Central Europe. The disposal also realizes material value for Tesco’s shareholders and allows the Tesco Group to further de-risk the business by reducing indebtedness through a significant pension contribution of £2.5bil, ” it said.
Tesco said the disposal represents an enterprise value of US$10.6bil (equivalent to £8.2bil) on a cash and debt-free basis, representing an EV/EBITDA multiple of 12.5 times. The net cash proceeds are expected to be US$10.3bil (£8bil) before tax and other transaction costs.
To recap, Tesco began operating in Thailand in 1998 through Ek-Chai, which operates under the name “Tesco Lotus”, a network of stores comprising various formats across Tesco Thailand as well as an online shopping platform and third-party applications such as Lazada and Happy Fresh.
Tesco Lotus generated approximately £4.1 billion in revenue (excl. VAT, incl. fuel) in the financial year ended 23 February 2019, operates a network of 1,967 stores across Tesco Thailand, and serves over 13 million customers each week. As part of its offer to customers and to support the core grocery business, in many large freehold and leasehold stores Tesco Thailand has developed an attractive and profitable mall business, which in its own right is one of the largest such operators in the market.
As for Malaysia, Tesco began operating in the country under the name Tesco Malaysia in 2002, as part of a joint venture with Sime Darby Bhd. Tesco Malaysia is a leading grocery retailer in the Malaysian market and one of the most recognized retail brands in Malaysia.
“It generated approximately £800mil in revenue in the financial year ended 23
February 2019 and operates a network of 68 stores across Malaysia. Tesco Malaysia supplies its stores from two distribution centers in Malaysia, with its stores and distribution centers located on and within land and buildings either owned, leased, or tenanted by Tesco Malaysia, ” it said.
As in Thailand, Tesco Malaysia operates a highly successful mall business alongside its retail stores from its freehold and leasehold estate. Tesco said the consideration payable to Tesco after the disposal represents an enterprise value of US$10.6bil on a cash and debt-free basis, representing an EV/EBITDA multiple of 12.5 times.
The transaction values Tesco Thailand at an enterprise value of US$9.9bil, including US$400mil of net cash. The transaction values Tesco Malaysia at an enterprise value of US$700mil, including US$600mil of net debt. “Following completion, the board intends to return c.£5bil to shareholders by way of a special dividend, ” it said.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for a reliable source of cheap essay writing help in Malaysia? Look no further than Malaysia Assignment Help. Our team of experienced writers is dedicated to providing the best possible essay help at affordable prices. With our assignment help Malaysia service, you can be sure that your essays will be of the highest quality.
Recent Solved Questions
- Pilihan raya adalah mekanisme utama dalam membuktikan sistem demokrasi dipraktikkan di sesebuah negara: Kenegaraan Dan Pembangunan Mutakhir Report, UTHM, Malaysia
- MPU3193: After 64 years of being an independent country, do you think that Malaysia is free from the influence of Western colonization: Philosophy and Current Issues Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- TEE206/05: Briefly explain the importance of binary number systems in digital electronics: Digital Electronics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Evaluate student’s skills at writing an object-oriented program using C++ programming language: Data Structure & Algorithm Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- ou will employ PEST analysis, SWOT analysis, and Michael Porter’s Five Forces1 applying visualization tools: Business Information Systems Report, MUM, Malaysia
- AUD339: In the past, there have been issues regarding how internal auditors want to audit the company and profession in relation: Auditing Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- One of the key elements in any organization is organizational commitment. Committed employees are less likely: Organizational Psychology Dissertation, APU, Malaysia
- MAT455: Plot the region using the mathematical application and Evaluate the given integral: Further Calculus for Engineers Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Calculate mean, mode median, variance, and standard deviation of data above And Construct data above into a table: BIOSTAT Assignment, UNISEL, Malaysia
- After completion of the assignment, your need to check for plagiarism percentage using: Research Methodology, Assignment, UM, Malaysia