INF10003: You will employ PEST analysis, SWOT analysis, and Michael Porter’s Five Forces1, applying visualization tools, in order to understand a business context and to provide succinctly : Introduction to Business Information Systems Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
|University||Swinburne University of Technology (SUT)|
|Subject||NF10003 Introduction to Business Information Systems|
In this assignment, you will employ PEST analysis, SWOT analysis, and Michael Porter’s Five Forces1, applying visualization tools, understanding a business context and providing succinctly and supported advice to the following question2. A description of the analysis, modelling, and advice
activities are provided below.
You can choose either one of these questions:
Should Maybank (MBB) abandon the physical branch model and transition all its services online?
If you are not currently in Malaysia, replace Maybank with any of your country’s leading banks. Should XXXX abandon the physical branch model and transition all its services online?
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
For the first three tasks, you should use Microsoft Visio, or an appropriate modelling/diagramming package, to present and explain your analysis.
1) PEST analysis and model
a) Analyse and identify the most important macro-environmental forces (political, economic,
social, technological) that will influence MBB’s decision to adopt only online service delivery models
2) SWOT analysis and model
a) Analyse the strengths (internal competencies [incl. learning management systems], expertise, banking modes, brand, etc.) of MBB that will enable it to become a purely online provider.
b) Analyse the weaknesses (i.e. constraints) within MBB that will inhibit its ability to become a purely online provider (e.g., pricing structures, industry partnerships based on face-2- face delivery).
c) Analyse the market opportunities for MBB which make the transition to purely online delivery an attractive proposition (think about the post-COVID world).
d) Analyse the market threats that could affect 1) MBB’s ability to offer online delivery, and 2) take a market leadership position in online banking
3) PORTER’S FIVE FORCES analysis and model
a) The purpose of your Porter’s Five Forces analysis is to identify the major competitive forces for MBB in the banking sector – both for face-to-face banking and fully online. The analysis will help you to understand where MBB is best able to reduce or control the intensity of competition. What competencies, expertise, investments, brand equity, etc. can MBB draw
upon to mitigate the threat of new entrants (i.e. organizations) competing online and face-to-face? What things can MBB draw on to mitigate the threat of substitute products from existing and new players competing in these markets? What things can MBB do to mitigate the commercial power of customers? What things can MBB do to mitigate the power of suppliers
(e.g. IT). For this assignment, let’s agree that suppliers include technology vendors (software/ hardware), facilities maintenance and operations third parties, consultants, and also the staff.
4) RECOMMENDATION (OR ADVICE)
a) Four sentences only. In industry, no one wants to read a lengthy document. In many cases, when you’re committing something to paper, you are telling people what they need to know –that’s all.
b) This task is about succinctness. These take-away sentences should sit next to the appropriate diagram analysis and can be replicated on the final recommendation
i) Sentence 1 Simply state your recommendation: should MBB abandon the
physical model and transition all of its processes to online?
ii) Sentence 2 Based on your PEST analysis, what is the key takeaway in
support of your recommendation.
iii) Sentence 3 Based on your SWOT analysis, what is the key takeaway in
support of your recommendation.
iv) Sentence 4 Based on your Five Forces analysis, what is the key takeaway in support of your recommendation.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- I need to create an OO program to implement the following Data Structure language for Double Linked List using C++: Programming and Data Structures Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- Identify and elaborate on what is a competitive advantage that a company may look for through Industry: Management Information System Assignment, AIMST University, Malaysia
- This module aims to provide the students with an overall view of the interactions between cultural variables and human behavior: Cross Cultural Psychology Assignment, IUMW, Malaysia
- MBSA1623: Choose one of the topics in Talent Management in a chosen industry and Identify the key problem in the topic: Leading talent in organization Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- Explain the history and journey of the regulatory framework governing the financial reporting practices in Malaysia: Accounting and Finance Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- BEE3143: Modeling of a transmission system network using any suitable software with at least able to compute load flow and short-circuit calculations: Power System Analysis Assignment, UMP, Malaysia
- Explanation of ideas and information/content and organization: accurate and detailed descriptions of the problems: Nursing Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- Create an Ed workspace for your team and share it with the other members Upload the code sca old into the workspace: Python and Java Coding Assignment, CU, Malaysia
- STA60704: The ith claim amount is denoted by. Claim amounts can be 100, 200, or 400: Probability Theory Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- MGT7101: examine the issues and trends in operations management and how that in turn affects an organisations SIPOC: MANAGING OPERATIONS OF BUSINESS Assignment, UPM, Malaysia