Critically evaluate the comments made by the two CEOs in the context of values differences across cultures and the motives: Faculty of Behavioural Sciences Assignment, HU, Malaysia
|University||HELP University (HU)|
|Subject||Faculty of Behavioural Sciences|
- Demonstrate an understanding of theories, principles, and concepts applicable to the study of organizations and management
- Evaluate the managerial processes and practices using related behavioural science theories and models
- Justify the tactics used for resolving conflict and handling interpersonal communication in workgroups
In one seminar which you have attended recently, you are reflecting on some of the major findings and opinions gathered from the keynote address delivered by a few leading CEOsduring the parallel session.
You can recall where two CEOs were debating the merits of women as leaders. Mr X claimed that women make better leaders than men because women are more sensitive to their employees’ needs and involve them in organizational decisions.
However, Mr Y countered that although these leadership styles may be increasingly important, most women have trouble gaining acceptance as leaders when they are faced with situations in which a more autocratic style is required.
Several recent surveys report that women are rated higher than men on the emerging leadership qualities of coaching, teamwork, and empowering employees. Yet research also suggests that women are evaluated negatively when they try to apply the full range of leadership styles, particularly more directive and autocratic approaches. Thus ironically, women may be well suited to contemporary leadership roles, yet they often continue to face limitations of leadership through the gender stereotypes and prototypes of leaders that are held by followers.
Overall, both male and female leaders must be sensitive to the fact that followers have expectations about how leaders should act and negative evaluations may go to leaders who deviate from those expectations.
Critically evaluate the comments made by the two CEOs in the context of values differences across cultures and the motives behind the action of having gender preferences for leaders. Support your analysis and arguments with relevant contemporary leadership theories/research about how gender preferences for leadership could lead to organizational efficiency.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
We have highly qualified and professional assignment writers to help you with Assignments. Whenever you need to say do my assignment for me, our brilliant expert writers will be there to help you with the best quality papers.
Recent Solved Questions
- Briefly distinguish between ‘the demand for localization’ and ‘the demand for globalization: Strategic management Case study, UMT, Malaysia
- The main objective of the Assessment is to allow the students to have further understanding of computer Operating Systems: Computer and Operating Systems Assignment, PSB Academy, Malaysia
- Imagine you are required to conduct a survey concerning the security awareness and competency in relation to Wireless LAN: Information Technology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- You are required to select any one of the DC OR AC machines. Discuss in detail the construction, working principles: Electronics & Electrical Power and Machines Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- BIS3033: Discuss the reliability of Nick Carraway as the narrator of The Great Gatsby And Explain how the theme of social stratification: Novels And Short Stories In English Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- Use a random number generator to fill the list The random number should be only in the range of 0 to 99 Use either bubble or selection sorting algorithm to sort the list: Data Structure and Algorithm Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- HMEF5113: Dataset for Assignments 1 and 2 May 2023 Sav was extracted from an experimental research study that was undertaken: Statistics for Educational Research Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Walaupun Perlembagaan Persekutuan merupakan undang-undang tertinggi negara, namun ia masih boleh dipinda tertakluk: Malaysian Legal System Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- The impact a company is having on the environmental, social, and economic structure of society. In post COVID-19 world: Corporate Reporting Current Issue Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- MPU3412: Writing a Reflective Journal about the Community Work: Community Service Assignment, OUM, Malaysia