Critically evaluate the comments made by the two CEOs in the context of values differences across cultures and the motives: Faculty of Behavioural Sciences Assignment, HU, Malaysia
|University||HELP University (HU)|
|Subject||Faculty of Behavioural Sciences|
- Demonstrate an understanding of theories, principles, and concepts applicable to the study of organizations and management
- Evaluate the managerial processes and practices using related behavioural science theories and models
- Justify the tactics used for resolving conflict and handling interpersonal communication in workgroups
In one seminar which you have attended recently, you are reflecting on some of the major findings and opinions gathered from the keynote address delivered by a few leading CEOsduring the parallel session.
You can recall where two CEOs were debating the merits of women as leaders. Mr X claimed that women make better leaders than men because women are more sensitive to their employees’ needs and involve them in organizational decisions.
However, Mr Y countered that although these leadership styles may be increasingly important, most women have trouble gaining acceptance as leaders when they are faced with situations in which a more autocratic style is required.
Several recent surveys report that women are rated higher than men on the emerging leadership qualities of coaching, teamwork, and empowering employees. Yet research also suggests that women are evaluated negatively when they try to apply the full range of leadership styles, particularly more directive and autocratic approaches. Thus ironically, women may be well suited to contemporary leadership roles, yet they often continue to face limitations of leadership through the gender stereotypes and prototypes of leaders that are held by followers.
Overall, both male and female leaders must be sensitive to the fact that followers have expectations about how leaders should act and negative evaluations may go to leaders who deviate from those expectations.
Critically evaluate the comments made by the two CEOs in the context of values differences across cultures and the motives behind the action of having gender preferences for leaders. Support your analysis and arguments with relevant contemporary leadership theories/research about how gender preferences for leadership could lead to organizational efficiency.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
We have highly qualified and professional assignment writers to help you with Assignments. Whenever you need to say do my assignment for me, our brilliant expert writers will be there to help you with the best quality papers.
Recent Solved Questions
- The management of an airport thinks that the way in which the airport is operated means that incoming flights: JAVA Programming Level 1 Assignment, UNIKL, Malaysia
- You are required to investigate the above scenario of government data to explore the application of big data analytics: Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Data Analytics Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- In Malaysia, there are two different types of mediation practices Firstly, mediation is available in the court: Alternative dispute resolution Essay Malaysia
- CIVE2313: A horizontal pipe of 25 cm 600 cm long is connected to a water reservoir at one end and discharged freely: Fluid Mechanics Assignment, IIUM, Malaysia
- BDEK2203: Illustrate and explain the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and unemployment for Malaysia for the years 2018-2021 using graphs: Introductory Macroeconomics Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- LAW1014: Discuss the application of the doctrine of caveat emptor with particular reference to the implied conditions: Business Law Course Work, SU, Malaysia
- Choose one addictive behaviour, assess how COVID-19 might have affected it, and also appraise how COVID-19 might affect future policy and practice in relation to that addictive behaviour: Policy Essay, USM, Malaysia
- To introduce supply chain management thinking to students in terms of measures within the supply chain management area: Supply Chain Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- The popularity of smoking shisha aka waterpipe, nargile and hookah tobacco has been a growing public health concern: Research Dissertation, UM, Malaysia
- ETR253E: Choose one ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS (Examples: pollution, land degradation etc.) that caused by tourism industry and conduct an internet search on the impact that you have chosen: TOURISM Report, KCC, Malaysia