CBLX3103: Murad was given a new laptop – Lenovo’s ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 with Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.4GHz: INTRODUCTION TO LINUX Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|Open University Malaysia (OUM)
|CBLX3103: INTRODUCTION TO LINUX
The purpose of this assignment is to gain experience on the requirements of hardware, software and devices for Linux operating system by installing, configuring and using the system.
QUESTION 1 / SOALAN 1
REQUIREMENT / KEPERLUAN
Murad was given a new laptop – Lenovo’s ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 with Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.4GHz, Intel® Xe Graphics with 1920×1080 display resolution, 16GB RAM memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, and pre-installed with Windows© 11 operating system. As a Linux diehard fan, he wants to use the operating system instead of Windows. However, he was fumed by a new strict regulation from his company where each employee must oblige to maintain their laptop in the original specification and condition. He plans to use Linux and install the following applications: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Visual Studio Code, OpenBoard, Inkscape, GIMP, VokoscreenNG and WPS-Office. Murad also plans to use a drawing tablet – VEIKK A30 to teach technical stuff via Google Meet.
Based on the information given, helps Murad to:
- Analyze the hardware requirements for a pre-installation purpose. Suggest the best way for him to install Linux without touching the original specification of the laptop.
- Analyze the software requirements by comparing THREE Linux operating systems namely Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, Fedora 36 (GNOME), and openSUSE Tumbleweed (KDE-Plasma). The best way to make this comparison is via installing the operating systems, configuring the systems, and getting experience in installing and using the required applications.
- What are the critical issues identified from this assignment?
Finally, recommend the best Linux operating system that Murad can use to suit all requirements. Justify your recommendation.
As a group, discuss the question below in myINSPIRE forum, screenshot your discussion postings and paste it into your report.
One of the popular Linux distros is KDE Neon. You can find its ranking in distrowatch.com. Discuss the uniqueness of this distro compared to the other three distros discussed in the assignment.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Take programming assignment help on CBLX3103: INTRODUCTION TO LINUX from Malaysia Assignment Helper. our experts have several years of experience to offer a variety of services such as essay writing service, report writing, case study writing, and dissertation writing service at a most reasonable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- “Recruitment” is the process of discovering and recruiting the best and most qualified individual for a job opportunity: Human Resource Management Essay, APU, Malaysia
- By the beginning of 2019, the novel Corona Virus known as COVID-19 began to emerge and spread at a rapid pace around: Strategic Business Project Thesis, UWS, Malaysia
- Provide a brief discussion on the importance of the external environment and internal analysis of the organizations: Business Administration Report, UTN, Malaysia
- KKKS6334: Water shortage has become a more pressing issue in Malaysia Here population continues to grow even with a dwindling water supply: Water Engineering Case Study, UKM, Malaysia
- Sustainability refers to the development that caters to the needs of the existing generation without sacrificing: Sustainability Report, SU, Malaysia
- BFW3121: The Malaysian stock market is a key economic indicator of the country’s overall economic health: Investments and Portfolio Management Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- SMOL5203 The amended OSHA Sec 26a. (1) has included “Rights of employees “to remove themselves from the danger: OSH legislation assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Arnold Palmer Hospital is studying the number of emergency surgery kits that are used on weekends: Optimization Technique Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- ESEB2054 TOMORROW marks the start of a new year, bringing with it the opportunity to enhance Malaysia’s education sector: Curriculum Development Assignment, UNITAR, Malaysia
- Customers enter the waiting line at a cafeteria’s only cash register on a first-come, first-served basis: Optimization Technique Assignment, UPM, Malaysia