At its 335th Session, the Governing Body of the ILO decided to convene a technical meeting on the future of work: Global Sourcing Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
|University||Open University Malaysia (OUM)|
At its 335th Session, the Governing Body of the ILO decided to convene a technical meeting on the future of work in the automotive industry and the need to invest in people’s capabilities and decent and sustainable work.
At its 337th Session, the Governing Body in turn decided that the technical meeting should take place in Geneva on 4–8 May 2020. In the context of the ILO Centenary Declaration for the Future of Work, the meeting will discuss future needs for skills and vocational education and training in the automotive industry.
With regard to the composition of the meeting, the Governing Body decided to invite all governments, eight Worker representatives, and eight Employer representatives, appointed on the basis of nominations made by the respective groups of the Governing Body. Selected official international organizations and international non-governmental organizations were to be invited as observers.
This issues paper has been prepared by the International Labour Office as a basis for discussions at the meeting. Chapter 1 contains a brief overview of the automotive industry today in terms of its structure; vehicle production and sales; and contribution to gross domestic product (GDP), world trade, and employment.
Chapter 2 sets out the megatrends and drivers of change that will transform the industry in the future, with a focus on technological advances, globalization, demographics, and climate change. Chapter 3 describes the challenges and opportunities for decent and sustainable work in terms of employment; skills and lifelong learning; social protection and conditions of work; fundamental principles and rights at work; and social dialogue.
The issues paper addresses the challenges and opportunities that the automotive industry faces in the context of the Centenary Declaration, in which the Conference declared that, in further developing its human-centered approach to the future of work, the ILO must direct its efforts to:
- Ensuring a just transition to a future of work that contributes to sustainable development in its economic, social, and environmental dimensions;
- Harnessing the fullest potential of technological progress and productivity growth, including through social dialogue, to achieve decent work and sustainable development, which ensures dignity, self-fulfillment and a just sharing of the benefits for all;
- Promoting the acquisition of skills, competencies, and qualifications for all workers throughout their working lives is a joint responsibility of governments and social partners in order to
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is the best homework helper for students in Malaysia. With a team of highly qualified and experienced academic writers, we are committed to delivering top-quality homework help services to students at all academic levels. Our assingment help experts are knowledgeable in various academic fields and possess the necessary skills to provide students with well-researched, properly structured, and impeccably written assignments that are guaranteed to earn top grades. Our commitment to excellence has made us the preferred homework helper for thousands of students across Malaysia.
Recent Solved Questions
- FIT3155: Write a program in C++ to demonstrate your ability to apply stack or queue data structures: Advanced data structures and algorithms Report, MUM, Malaysia
- With the record-breaking high temperatures as well as massive floodings in various countries all around the world: International Business Essay, AeU, Malaysia
- Discuss the relationship between Company Law and Consumer Protection Law in Malaysia: Business Law Assignment, UCSI, Malaysia
- After completion of the assignment, your need to check for plagiarism percentage using: Research Methodology, Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- LAW60104: On 14th February 2023, Peter advertised his BMW car which was actually worth RM80,000 for sale for RM66,000: Business Law Case Study, TU, Malaysia
- MKTG3040: You are required to select an experience when visiting a service organisation by choosing any ONE company from ONE category of the industry : Services Marketing Report, UON, Malaysia
- BBM102/03: Draw a demand and supply graph for the global market for crude oil and Explain the effects of the Russian-Ukraine war on market price: Microeconomics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Foreign subsidiaries financial statements are generally prepared in the local currency of the country it is operates in: Financial Accounting & Reporting 3 Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Jawab semua soalan. Jawab setiap satu soalan tidak kurang daripada 200-250 patah serkataan sahaja: PENGHAYATAN ETIKA DAN PERADABAN Assignment, UOTS, Malaysia
- Discuss how you can transform your business or any other business that you know very well: Business for Sustainable Development Essay, SU, Malaysia