ou will employ PEST analysis, SWOT analysis, and Michael Porter’s Five Forces1 applying visualization tools: Business Information Systems Report, MUM, Malaysia
|University||Monash University Malaysia (MUM)|
|Subject||Business Information Systems|
In this assignment, you will employ PEST analysis, SWOT analysis, and Michael Porter’s Five Forces1 applying visualization tools, in order to understand a business context and to provide succinctly and supported advice to the following question. A description of the analysis, modeling, and advice activities is provided below.
Should Swinburne University abandon the physical campus model and transition all of its teaching to online?
For the first three tasks, you should use Microsoft Visio, or an appropriate modeling/diagramming package, to present and explain your analysis.
1) PEST analysis and model
a) Analyse the macro-environmental (political, economic, social, technological) forces that are driving universities to adopt online service delivery models.
2) SWOT analysis and model (1 page)
a) Analyse the strengths (internal competencies [incl. learning management systems], expertise, teaching modes, brand, etc.) of Swinburne University that will enable it to become a purely online provider.
b) Analyse the market opportunities for Swinburne which make the transition to purely online delivery an attractive proposition (think about the post-COVID world).
c) Analyse the weaknesses (i.e. constraints) within Swinburne University that will inhibit its ability to become a purely online provider (e.g. continued focus on F2F delivery, pricing structures, industry partnerships based on F2F delivery).
d) Analyse the market threats that could affect 1) Swinburne’s ability to offer online delivery, and
2) take a market leadership position in online teaching
3) PORTER’S FIVE FORCES analysis and model (1 page)
a) The purpose of your Porter’s Five Forces analysis is to identify the ways in which Swinburne University is able to reduce the intensity in the online education service delivery space. What competencies, expertise, investments, brand equity, etc. can Swinburne draw upon to mitigate the threat of new entrants (i.e. organizations) competing in this market?
What things can Swinburne draw on to mitigate the threat of substitute products from existing and new players competing in this market? What things can Swinburne do to mitigate the commercial power of customers (i.e. students). What things can Swinburne do to mitigate the power of suppliers?
For the purpose of this assignment, let’s agree that suppliers include technology vendors (software/ hardware), facilities maintenance and operations third parties, consultants, and also staff (many of us are contractors).
4) RECOMMENDATION (OR ADVICE)
a) Four sentences only. In industry, no one wants to read a lengthy document. In many cases, when you’re committing something to paper, you are telling people what they need to know – that’s all.
b) This task is about succinctness.
i) Sentence 1 (2 lines max) Simply state your recommendation: should Swinburne University abandon the physical campus model and transition all of its teachings to online?
ii) Sentence 2 (2 lines max) Based on your PEST analysis, what is the key takeaway in support of your recommendation.
iii) Sentence 3 (2 lines max) Based on your SWOT analysis, what is the key takeaway in support of your recommendation.
iv) Sentence 4 (2 lines max) Based on your Five Forces analysis, what is the key takeaway in support of your recommendation.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Get the cheapest report writing help on Business Information Systems at MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com. We have a team of brilliant and dedicated report writers who have plenty of experience to produce 100% plagiarism free reports on business assignments.
Recent Solved Questions
- BAMS1743: A hotel asked its customers to rate their stay as Good, Average or Poor. The following contingency table: Quantitative Methods Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- CT010-3-1: Assume that the place you are living in has two (2) vaccination centers (VC1 and VC2) and they require a computer program to keep the records of all vaccination done:Python Programming Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- XBLR3103 OSH Legislation Assignment – OUM
- HMEF5103: Qualitative Research Methodology- OUM
- BBPB2103 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT assignment – OUM
- Imagine you are starting a new company and Write the details about the company plus the details of the product e.g., manufacturing processes, materials needed: BUSINESS MATHEMATICS Assignment, UTHM, Malaysia
- SBFS1103: THINKING SKILLS AND PROBLEM SOLVING, OUM
- XBSM2103: The Present Organization where You are Serving had Planned to Open: Basic Security Management Assignment, OUM
- You are Working as a Counselor at Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur In the Recent Management Meeting: English for occupational purpose Report, UTHM, Malaysia
- BBCE3013 – MALAYSIAN ECONOMY Assignment 2