ou will employ PEST analysis, SWOT analysis, and Michael Porter’s Five Forces1 applying visualization tools: Business Information Systems Report, MUM, Malaysia
|University||Monash University Malaysia (MUM)|
|Subject||Business Information Systems|
In this assignment, you will employ PEST analysis, SWOT analysis, and Michael Porter’s Five Forces1 applying visualization tools, to understand a business context and to provide succinctly and supported advice to the following question. A description of the analysis, modelling, and advice activities is provided below.
Should Swinburne University abandon the physical campus model and transition all of its teaching to online?
For the first three tasks, you should use Microsoft Visio, or an appropriate modelling/diagramming package, to present and explain your analysis.
1) PEST analysis and model
a) Analyse the macro-environmental (political, economic, social, technological) forces that are driving universities to adopt online service delivery models.
2) SWOT analysis and model (1 page)
a) Analyse the strengths (internal competencies [incl. learning management systems], expertise, teaching modes, brand, etc.) of Swinburne University that will enable it to become a purely online provider.
b) Analyse the market opportunities for Swinburne which make the transition to purely online delivery an attractive proposition (think about the post-COVID world).
c) Analyse the weaknesses (i.e. constraints) within Swinburne University that will inhibit its ability to become a purely online provider (e.g. continued focus on F2F delivery, pricing structures, industry partnerships based on F2F delivery).
d) Analyse the market threats that could affect 1) Swinburne’s ability to offer online delivery, and
2) take a market leadership position in online teaching
3) PORTER’S FIVE FORCES analysis and model (1 page)
a) The purpose of your Porter’s Five Forces analysis is to identify how Swinburne University can reduce the intensity in the online education service delivery space. What competencies, expertise, investments, brand equity, etc. can Swinburne draw upon to mitigate the threat of new entrants (i.e. organizations) competing in this market?
What things can Swinburne draw on to mitigate the threat of substitute products from existing and new players competing in this market? What things can Swinburne do to mitigate the commercial power of customers (i.e. students)? What things can Swinburne do to mitigate the power of suppliers?
For this assignment, let’s agree that suppliers include technology vendors (software/ hardware), facilities maintenance and operations third parties, consultants, and also staff (many of us are contractors).
4) RECOMMENDATION (OR ADVICE)
a) Four sentences only. In industry, no one wants to read a lengthy document. In many cases, when you’re committing something to paper, you are telling people what they need to know – that’s all.
b) This task is about succinctness.
i) Sentence 1 (2 lines max) Simply state your recommendation: should Swinburne University abandon the physical campus model and transition all of its teachings to online?
ii) Sentence 2 (2 lines max) Based on your PEST analysis, what is the key takeaway in support of your recommendation.
iii) Sentence 3 (2 lines max) Based on your SWOT analysis, what is the key takeaway in support of your recommendation.
iv) Sentence 4 (2 lines max) Based on your Five Forces analysis, what is the key takeaway in support of your recommendation.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Get the cheapest report writing help on Business Information Systems at MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com. We have a team of brilliant and dedicated report writers who have plenty of experience to produce 100% plagiarism free reports on business assignments.
Recent Solved Questions
- APU ONLINE SHOPPING MALL (AOSM) is one of the fast-growing Online Service in Malaysia which help customer: Online Order Management System Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- C19BU: Discuss how you would address any lack of alignment or a mismatch between Blue Sky’s historic activities and its new low-cost or economic strategy: Strategic Management Case Study, HWU, Malaysia
- MKT302: A worldwide, consumer-driven movement toward renewable energy solutions has created global market opportunities for entrepreneurial companies: Strategic Global Marketing Case Study, HU, Malaysia
- write an essay that chronicles their entrepreneurial story The goal of the assignment is to cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset among students: Communication & Creative Arts Essay, UOW,Malaysia
- Entrepreneurship is the art of creating something new, whether a new business or enterprise: Entrepreneurship Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- MKT3811: Construct an appropriate Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) strategy for UMW Holdings to stay attractive to the business-to-business: Marketing Analysis & Decision Making Assignment, Malaysia
- ACC116: Earmax Bhd. is a company that involves in the business of manufacturing speakers for a home theatre company: Introduction to Cost Accounting Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- You are the owner of a small coffee shop called “BeanBuzz,” and you’re facing a critical decision regarding the pricing strategy: Cost And Management Accounting Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- Determine the basic training unit contribution margin and the break-even point number of participants in the current year: Finance and Accounting for Managers Assignment, SC, Malaysia
- OUMH1203: The Movement Control Order implemented in Malaysia has classified businesses into essential services and non-essential services: English for Written Communication Assignment, OUM, Malaysia