UBAF3023: Sustainability reporting is a report that is published by organizations to give details about the impact a company is having on the environmental: Corporate Reporting and Current Issues, Report, UTAR, Malaysia
|Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
|UBAF3023: Corporate Reporting and Current Issues
Sustainability reporting is a report that is published by organizations to give details about the impact a company is having on the environmental, social, and economic structure of society. In the post-COVID-19 world, sustainability reporting would be more vital and bring renewed attention to the importance of corporate transparency on sustainability issues to sustain trust among all stakeholders. Due to the severe economic downturn, investors are demanding complete transparency, reliability, and consistency in company records. Therefore, investors and other stakeholders need to be kept updated and this update can be non-financial (sustainability) reports, which consider longer-term strategic matters.
The coronavirus pandemic has taken businesses by surprise. No business was ready for this huge crisis in terms of financial or reporting purposes. As a result, many organizations are modifying reports released in December of 2019 and adding some statements about coronavirus. Webpages and other such platforms are also being updated. More are helping different companies in Malaysia to release transparent financial records and determine the losses suffered due to the current pandemic.
Based on relevant literature, prepare an essay reviewing the topic of sustainability reporting in the post-COVID-19 recovery. You are required to include in the review the development of the sustainability reporting concept (incorporate social and environmental reporting, corporate social responsibility reporting, and ethical reporting); and explore the perceived benefits expected from such reporting practices. Discussion is to be based on citation to reliable references wherever appropriate.
With reference to relevant literature, critically evaluate whether the provision of non-financial information is compatible with the view that the social responsibility of a business is to increase profits in the post-COVID-19 recovery. In addition, examine the factors that could influence firms’ sustainability reporting practices in the post-COVID-19 recovery. Discussion is to be based on citation to reliable references wherever appropriate.
Discuss the requirements of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Guidelines as a framework for sustainability reporting. Comments on how a sustainability report was written based on GRI may be useful to the respective stakeholders of the reporting company. Discussion is to be based on citation to reliable references wherever appropriate.
Select one public company listed on Bursa Malaysia in a food and non-alcoholic beverages industry or clothing and footwear industry or restaurant and hotels industry (first come first serve basis). Based on the latest GRI REPORTING GUIDELINES explained in task 3 above, examine the sustainability reporting practices of the chosen company for the most recent TWO (2) years reporting period. You are required to assess the trends, area of focus, and extent of compliance with GRI over the reporting period in the post-COVID-19 recovery. Extracts of examples from the sustainability reporting are required to support your comments wherever relevant.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Get Custom report writing Help from Professionals. Malaysia Assignment Help, has a dedicated team of academic report writers who are capable to provide well researched report on nursing assignment, law assignments, management assignments etc. more at a market price.
Recent Solved Questions
- FIN60104: Financial ratio analysis can be used for identifying some performance-related issues faced by a firm. Indeed: Introduction to Finance Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- BBFA2203: Discuss the definition of companies’ capital structure and Discuss the differences between debt capital and equity capital of companies: Intermediate Financial Accounting Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Explain the law on the intention to create legal relations in the formation of contract. In your explanation: Business Law Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- Analyze current economic news using one or more of the macroeconomic frameworks presented in the course: Economics Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- Roy K., chief financial officer (CFO) of Flashing Sports Inc., was thinking about the bright prospects for his company’s fast-growing outdoor: Capital Markets and Global Perspective Case Study, UOL, Malaysia
- 5615TECYPC Required to produce a 2,000-word assignment that will have to be delivered in a report structure: Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Report Writing, ypc international college, Malaysia
- FAR210 As at 31 December 2022, a physical stock count was carried out to determine: Financial Accounting And Reporting Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- KKKS6334: Water shortage has become a more pressing issue in Malaysia Here population continues to grow even with a dwindling water supply: Water Engineering Case Study, UKM, Malaysia
- JTW111/3: Tujuan tugasan ini adalah untuk meningkatkan kebolehan pelajar memahami transaksi transaksi perakaunan dan dapat membentuk penyata kewangan: Prinsip Perakaunan Kewangan Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- Chemistry Assignment, UM, Malaysia, An orange precipitate formed when compound P with molecular formula C3H6O reacts with reagent AA. When P is heated with reagent BB, the silver mirror is formed. Compound P also decolourized the purple colour