Corrosion is generally understood to be the destruction of a metal by the action of corrosive agents: Science Research Paper, UM, Malaysia
|Universiti Malaya (UM)
Corrosion is generally understood to be the destruction of a metal by the action of corrosive agents. However, a more comprehensive definition is the decomposition of a material by contact with its environment. One of the consequences of air pollution that is rarely talked about is the effects of corrosion on man-made materials around the world.
According to NACE International, about US$2.5 trillion is now lost to corrosion worldwide every year – that’s more than every country’s gross domestic product (GDP). Corrosion of metals not only has a significant financial impact but is also a safety and health issue. This brings us back to why it is so important to prevent corrosion as much as possible. The most economical, widespread, and simplest application method is the coating composed of organic resins and high-performance pigments.
These coatings mainly use solvents with highly volatile organic compounds, which are not environmentally friendly. Efforts have been made to develop water-based coatings, but the efficiency of these coatings has not yet reached the standard and research is still ongoing. Many materials from natural resources have been tried to make to be a good coating such as natural rubber as it is Malaysia’s most abundant resource and major production and is used for various applications but it has not been successfully used for coatings to protect against corrosion as there are some limitations of natural rubber is its low resistance to hydrocarbons, fats, oils, and greases.
Contact with these substances can cause swelling, softening, or complete dissolution of the rubber part, resulting in partial or complete failure. Thus, in this study, we planned to use natural rubber as the host binder and incorporate one of the organic resins to formulate the multifunctional coatings To further enhance the properties of the coating’s functional nanomaterials will be incorporated. The properties will be characterized using analytical methods such as Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, field emission scanning electron microscope, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, cross-hatch cut tester, salt spray test and etc.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Natural rubber is widely recognized as suitable for coating applications (Wake, 1977) and is widely considered to be more environmentally friendly and a better product than synthetic rubber, but studies need to be done to discover the unique properties of natural rubber. Natural rubber contributes to deforestation, loss of biodiversity, pollution, and much more.
Besides, climate change and diseases also threaten natural rubber (Ethan Brown, 2007). Equally, due to its high adhesion, high hydrophobicity, and excellent water resistance, natural rubber is the ideal material to protect surfaces from harsh environmental conditions. However, natural rubber is difficult to use as a coating for wood because the wood contains various highly polar components such as cellulose, hemicellulose, and lignin.
For metal substrate applications, the adhesion property of natural rubber-based materials needs to be improved. Early delamination will cause the coating failure. To formulate more efficient coatings there is a need for finding suitable supporting materials and additives. Also, the understanding of the formation of coating and corrosion protection performance has not yet been clearly studied.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
- What is the composition of organic resins that can achieve maximum curing and corrosion protection?
- Which organic resin is best suited for the formulation of multifunctional coatings?
- What are the methods that improve the drying speed of the coatings?
- How does the incorporation of acrylic or epoxy into the formulation affect multifunctional coatings?
- Will the incorporation of additives such as nanomaterials improve the coating performance?
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is a leading provider of university assignment help in Malaysia. Our team of highly qualified and experienced writers is dedicated to delivering top-quality assignments that meet the highest academic standards. We understand the importance of timely submission of assignments and strive to deliver all assignments well before the deadline. Our services are designed to cater to the specific needs of each student, and we ensure that all assignments are custom-written to meet individual requirements. At Malaysia Assignment Help, we are committed to helping students achieve academic excellence, and we are proud to be a trusted partner in their academic journey.
Recent Solved Questions
- HBET1203: Listen to the recording of Beatrice and Mirai reading a Sufi tale entitled “The Banquet Compare the speech patterns of Beatrice and Mirai: English Phonetics and Phonology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- FIT3155: Write a program in C++ to demonstrate your ability to apply stack or queue data structures: Advanced data structures and algorithms Report, MUM, Malaysia
- AICT004-3-2-NWN: You are required to design and apply an IP addressing scheme for the topology shown for The Evergreen Resort network: Networks and Networking Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- LGSE3063 What are the psychological impacts of occupational burnout among university lecturers in Malaysia?: Academic Writing, UOC, Malaysia
- OMGT1062: What types of transportation and supply chain software does myIoT need to support its business growth: Transportation and Freight Logistics Report, RMIT, Malaysia
- TBE20503 Students are required to view and understand the Coursera Courses as per in the study schedule for UNIT 3 and UNIT 4: Building Services Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- MGW2230: What is Organizational behavior (OB) Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- Identify a project that integrates Sustainable developments into its project initiation and management: Sustainable Project Management Report, OUM, Malaysia
- To create a report and dashboard of sales analytics. Also, using the power bi technique, different customer types, product groups: Management Information Systems Report,AIMST University, Malaysia
- In today’s professional world, work-life balance has become a vital issue that affects both individual well-being: Economics Individual Assignment, SU, Malaysia