Syarikat Layang uses the First-in, First-out costing method for its perpetual inventory system: Bachelor of Business Accounting Assignment, HU, Malaysia
|University||HELP University (HU)|
|Subject||Bachelor of Business Accounting|
Syarikat Layang uses the First-in, First-out costing method for its perpetual inventory system. It had inventory on 1 July 2022 consisting of 400 articles bought at RM4 each. Its purchase during the month of July consisted of 800 at RM4.20 each purchased on 8 July, and 2,000 at RM3.80 each on 18 July. It sold 2,400 at RM5.00 each on 28 July. 40 of those purchased on 8 July were returned in perfect condition on 31 July.
The following extract from its cash book of Joan for the month of July shows the company’s bank transactions:
a. Prepare a corrected cash book using the information given above.
b. Draw up a bank reconciliation statement. (3 marks) c. Discuss the purpose of bank reconciliation.
A company issued financial statements for the year ended December 31, but failed to include the following adjusting entries:
a. Depreciation expense of RM8,000.
b. A portion of office supplies (an asset) used RM3,100.
c. Accrued salaries of RM5,200. (3 marks)
d. Revenues of RM7,200, originally recorded as unearned, have been earned by the end of the year.
e. Accrued service fees earned of RM2,200.
Prepare the adjusting journal with narration for the above on 31 December.
Hamdan’s unadjusted trial balance is shown below.
- A new office computer of RM4,500 was brought from home for office use
- Hamdan has wrongly recorded the RM2,000 cheque payment into the account of the bank loan which should be paid to the account payable.
- Receivables of RM300 have been posted to the purchase account.
- The depreciation for building and office equipment is charged at 2% and 20% per annum using the straight-line method respectively.
- The inventory as of 31 December 2021 was RM15,210.
a. Prepare General Journal for the above additional information.
b. Prepare the statement of comprehensive income for the year ended 31 December 2021.
c. Prepare the statement of financial position as of 31 December 2021.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help has team of trained expert who provide assignment writer malaysia service on Bachelor of Business Accounting. our experts have vast experience to develop all kind of solution related to accounting assignments such as FAR560 Financial Accounting And Reporting 4 Assignment Sample, AFC718 Legal Aspects Of Forensic Accounting Assignment Example,CRG660 Company Secretarial Practice Assignment, ACC116 Introduction To Cost Accounting Assignment etc many more at a cheapest price.
Recent Solved Questions
- EAB20803: On 1 January 2020 Q10 Bhd acquired 80% shares in Phyto Bhd for an immediate cash payment of RM6,720,000: Financial Accounting and Reporting 3 Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia
- I just need to make an app that functions like Tinder but instead of female and male and I want it to be for students looking: Mobile app Development Assignment, UCISS, Malaysia
- FIN4274: A brief description of what initial public offerings (IPOs) are, the process involved, and the main reasons behind a company: Advance Financial Decision Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- You have been engaged as a consultant to build a new generation of leaders in a pharmaceutical research organization: Leadership and Organizational Behavior Assignment, UOI, Malaysia
- Company SBS9 is evaluating the following list of Investments The target capital structure is to use 50% Debt and 50% Equity: Finance, Accounting and Management Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- West End Bicycle is a company that has been manufacturing bicycles since 1985: IT Audit and Risk Management Report, ASB, Malaysia
- ITX Computer Sdn Bhd is a computer company specializing in supplying computer components to the Asia market: Principles of Programming Assignment, UNM, Malaysia
- Which aspects of globalization has a positive or negative affect on YOUR COMPANY OR YOUR INDUSTRY: International Business Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- With the increase of requirement for electric power and decrease of fossil energy, the photovoltaic power plant has a great development: Sustainable Energy & Power Distribution Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- The figure below shows a longitudinal section along the proposed centre line of a road together with a series of six cross-sections taken at 25 m intervals: Land Survey Assignment, UTM, Malaysia