PMG1123: Puan Saleha, Head of Sales Department, has instructed her sales staff to follow her instructions without question: Fundamentals of Management Case Study, KPTM, Malaysia
|University||Kolej Poly Tech Mara (KPTM)|
|Subject||PMG1123: Fundamentals of Management|
CASE STUDY 1
Puan Saleha, Head of the Sales Department, has instructed her sales staff to follow her instructions without question. Problems arise because the sales staff do not agree with her management style. Some have requested the intervention of the HR Department.
Puan Rozi, Head of the HR Department, called for a meeting with each of the sales staff to listen to their grievances. As she listen to their problem, she wondered how she was going to convey the situation and propose suggestions to Puan Saleha, knowing that the latter comes from the old management school of thought.
Puan Rozi is now in a dilemma. She has to effectively control the internal dissatisfaction among the sales staff of her organization, without jeopardizing their relationship with the superior.
- What kind of leadership styles does Puan Saleha have used with her staff? Defend your answer by giving evidence.
- Explain the behavioural approach to leadership styles that Puan Saleha should adopt to manage her staff.
- Is Puan Saleha a leader or manager? Why?
CASE STUDY 2
Heavy Rich Sdn. Bhd. Is one of the well-known freight forwarders in Terengganu. Encik Ramli, the company’s director and also the owner of the company build this company 10 years ago with a total number of 50 employees. Most of the employees come from local areas and do not have high education levels. Encik Ramli is very dedicated to his company and also maintains a good relationship with all of his workers.
The problem starts when Roslan takes over his father’s responsibility as the company’s director. With Zainal on his side as the personal assistant, Roslan is now focusing more on how to expand their business outside Terengganu and leaving the management problem to Zainal. Unlike his father, Roslan is not keen on developing a good relationship with his staff. That is why most of the time, workers will try to avoid talking with Roslan as he seems not very comfortable with them and does not understand the issues that have been discussed.
Zainal on the other hand misuses his power by providing only certain information that he thinks is necessary to the workers. Workers are not been updated with the latest information from the management resulting in their service and performance being complained about by the customer. Some important points for example company goals and targets, job descriptions, job opportunities, and delays in giving commissions or bonuses normally will be left out and forgotten.
Whenever there is a meeting, Roslan will ask Zainal to gather all employees in the meeting room that can accommodate only 30 people. So, some of the employees tend to avoid coming to the meeting. Most of the time, the room cramp with all employees and they start talking and making noise. At the end of the meeting, everyone seems lost and does not even listen and remember what Roslan said in the meeting as Roslan usually uses complicated words that cannot be understood by the workers.
- Explain the communication barriers that are being faced by Roslan.
- Discuss any 5 appropriate ways to help Roslan in overcoming the communication barriers.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
If you are looking for MBA assignment help for PMG1123: Fundamentals of Management. Malaysia Assignment Help has a panel of professional writers who support you to get a higher rank in MGT162 Fundamentals Of Management Assignment at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Batik Gerimis was formed by Che Mahadi and their wife in 1997 after lengthy and laborious work to learn skills in batik: Data Analytics Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- You are a first-year Trainee Solicitor in the Leicester city centre office of Harry Peach LLP You are currently working in the Real Estate Conveyancing team: Real estate Assignment, UTRA, Malaysia
- TMF1414: Your task is to develop a room reservation system for My Vacation Hotel The room tariff for this hotel is given in the table below: Programming Assignment, UNIMAS, Malaysia
- Draw 3 marketing channels for the consumer market with appropriate examples In order to plan the strategies for the marketing channel: Macroeconomic Report, PM, Malaysia
- “Every line manager is also an HR manager”. Clearly explain the meaning of this statement in the context of the changing role of the HR function: Human Resource Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- PSY207: Your task is to “find a gap” in relation to one of these articles and write a proposal for research based on that gap: Social Psychology Report, UOT, Malaysia
- HBET1203: Listen to the recording of Beatrice and Mirai reading a Sufi tale entitled “The Banquet Compare the speech patterns of Beatrice and Mirai: English Phonetics and Phonology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- TSE307/05: Describes Logical Reasoning which includes Critical Thinking in a formal and daily task performance: computational Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- ACT3114: On 1 January 20X1, Redial Sdn Bhd purchased a machine for RM1,800 Redial will depreciate the machine on a straight-line basis over its useful life of 15 years: Financial Accounting and reporting 2 Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- Curricula are defined at various levels, the state and classroom levels being the most well-known: Curriculum Development Dissertation, UKM, Malaysia