PMG1123: Puan Saleha, Head of Sales Department, has instructed her sales staff to follow her instructions without question: Fundamentals of Management Case Study, KPTM, Malaysia
|University||Kolej Poly Tech Mara (KPTM)|
|Subject||PMG1123: Fundamentals of Management|
CASE STUDY 1
Puan Saleha, Head of the Sales Department, has instructed her sales staff to follow her instructions without question. Problems arise because the sales staff do not agree with her management style. Some have requested the intervention of the HR Department.
Puan Rozi, Head of the HR Department, called for a meeting with each of the sales staff to listen to their grievances. As she listen to their problem, she wondered how she was going to convey the situation and propose suggestions to Puan Saleha, knowing that the latter comes from the old management school of thought.
Puan Rozi is now in a dilemma. She has to effectively control the internal dissatisfaction among the sales staff of her organization, without jeopardizing their relationship with the superior.
- What kind of leadership styles does Puan Saleha have used with her staff? Defend your answer by giving evidence.
- Explain the behavioural approach to leadership styles that Puan Saleha should adopt to manage her staff.
- Is Puan Saleha a leader or manager? Why?
CASE STUDY 2
Heavy Rich Sdn. Bhd. Is one of the well-known freight forwarders in Terengganu. Encik Ramli, the company’s director and also the owner of the company build this company 10 years ago with a total number of 50 employees. Most of the employees come from local areas and do not have high education levels. Encik Ramli is very dedicated to his company and also maintains a good relationship with all of his workers.
The problem starts when Roslan takes over his father’s responsibility as the company’s director. With Zainal on his side as the personal assistant, Roslan is now focusing more on how to expand their business outside Terengganu and leaving the management problem to Zainal. Unlike his father, Roslan is not keen on developing a good relationship with his staff. That is why most of the time, workers will try to avoid talking with Roslan as he seems not very comfortable with them and does not understand the issues that have been discussed.
Zainal on the other hand misuses his power by providing only certain information that he thinks is necessary to the workers. Workers are not been updated with the latest information from the management resulting in their service and performance being complained about by the customer. Some important points for example company goals and targets, job descriptions, job opportunities, and delays in giving commissions or bonuses normally will be left out and forgotten.
Whenever there is a meeting, Roslan will ask Zainal to gather all employees in the meeting room that can accommodate only 30 people. So, some of the employees tend to avoid coming to the meeting. Most of the time, the room cramp with all employees and they start talking and making noise. At the end of the meeting, everyone seems lost and does not even listen and remember what Roslan said in the meeting as Roslan usually uses complicated words that cannot be understood by the workers.
- Explain the communication barriers that are being faced by Roslan.
- Discuss any 5 appropriate ways to help Roslan in overcoming the communication barriers.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
If you are looking for MBA assignment help for PMG1123: Fundamentals of Management. Malaysia Assignment Help has a panel of professional writers who support you to get a higher rank in MGT162 Fundamentals Of Management Assignment at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- BMG311.03: Describe the circumstances in which a contract of service may bebreak by either party of an employment contract: Employment Law and Industrial Relations Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- Real-Time system is subjected to the system response time should be assured within a given time frame, or the system should fulfill: Real Time System Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- BFW3651: Evaluate and provide a historical overview or background of the Sri Lanka’s exchange rate system: Treasury management Assignment, MUM
- What search strategies did you use to identify key papers that should be read to develop your answer to the essay: Psychology Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- Using the axes as constructed below, depict marginal revenue and marginal cost curves that would support the conclusion: Business Economic Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- BBF305/03: Calculate the betas for both stocks and Discuss the problems encounters when testing the CAPM empirically: Investment and Portfolio Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- ETMS63020: Explain with applicable relevant examples how would you apply the following didactical principle: Economic and Management Sciences Teaching 1 Assignment, SPU, Malaysia
- Select any ONE restaurant chain in Malaysia that you are familiar with. Compare decision-making in certain conditions: Management Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- Perkasa Bhd., a public company listed in the MAIN market of Bursa Malaysia, issued and paid-up capital at the beginning: Financial Accounting and Reporting Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Australia’s economy has plunged into its first recession in nearly thirty years, as it suffers the economic fallout from the coronavirus: Financial Economics Assignment, SU, Malaysia