PMG1123: Puan Saleha, Head of Sales Department, has instructed her sales staff to follow her instructions without question: Fundamentals of Management Case Study, KPTM, Malaysia
|University||Kolej Poly Tech Mara (KPTM)|
|Subject||PMG1123: Fundamentals of Management|
CASE STUDY 1
Puan Saleha, Head of Sales Department, has instructed her sales staff to follow her instructions without question. Problems arise because the sales staff do not agree with her management style. Some have requested the intervention of the HR Department.
Puan Rozi, Head of the HR Department, called for a meeting with each of the sales staff to listen to their grievances. As she listen to their problem, she wondered how she was going to convey the situation and propose suggestions to Puan Saleha, knowing that the latter comes from the old management school of thought.
Puan Rozi is now in a dilemma. She has to effectively control the internal dissatisfaction among the sales staff of her organization, without jeopardizing their relationship with the superior.
- What kind of leadership styles does Puan Saleha have used with her staff? Defend your answer by giving evidence.
- Explain the behavioral approach to leadership styles that Puan Saleha should adopt to manage her staff.
- Is Puan Saleha a leader or manager? Why?
CASE STUDY 2
Heavy Rich Sdn. Bhd. Is one of the well-known freight forwarders in Terengganu. Encik Ramli, the company’s director and also the owner of the company build this company 10 years ago with a total number of 50 employees. Most of the employees come from local areas and do not have high education levels. Encik Ramli is very dedicated to his company and also maintains a good relationship with all of his workers.
The problem starts when Roslan takes over his father’s responsibility as the company’s director. With Zainal on his side as the personal assistant, Roslan is now focusing more on how to expand their business outside Terengganu and leave the management problem to Zainal. Unlike his father, Roslan is not keen on developing a good relationship with his staff. That is why most of the time, workers will try to avoid talking with Roslan as he seems not very comfortable with them and does not really understand the issues that have been discussed.
Zainal on the other hand misuses his power by providing only certain information that he thinks is necessary to the workers. Workers are not been updated with the latest information from the management resulting in their service and performance being complained about by the customer. Some important points for example company goals and targets, job descriptions, job opportunities, delays in giving commissions or bonuses normally will be left out and forgotten.
Whenever there is a meeting, Roslan will ask Zainal to gather all employees in the meeting room that can accommodate only 30 people. So, some of the employees tend to avoid coming to the meeting. Most of the time, the room cramp with all employees and they start talking and making noise. At the end of the meeting, everyone seems lost and does not even listen and remember what Roslan said in the meeting as Roslan usually uses complicated words that cannot be understood by the workers.
- Explain the communication barriers that are being faced by Roslan.
- Discuss any 5 appropriate ways to help Roslan in overcoming the communication barriers.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
If you are looking for MBA assignment help for PMG1123: Fundamentals of Management. Malaysia Assignment Help has a panel of professional writers who support you to get a higher rank in MGT162 Fundamentals Of Management Assignment at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- SKAA 4313: A footbridge is required to provide communication between residential areas on either side of a dual carriageway road: Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Choose one addictive behaviour, assess how COVID-19 might have affected it, and also appraise how COVID-19 might affect future policy and practice in relation to that addictive behaviour: Policy Essay, USM, Malaysia
- UGB161: Knowledge and understanding of different areas of marketing, the relationships between them, and their application to international business organizations: Introduction to Marketing Assignment, UOS, Malaysia
- Huraikan isu-isu dalam pendidikan dan tunjukkan jurang literatur yang dikemukakan: Research Methods in Education Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- If you were the brand manager for Kraft salad dressing, which obstacles to implementing the key integrated marketing: Integrated Marketing Communication Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- The newly graduated nurses will start their career in the hospital setting either in the government or private sector: Vitals Role of Nurse Manager in Preceptoring Dissertation, Malaysia
- Use a random number generator to fill the list The random number should be only in the range of 0 to 99 Use either bubble or selection sorting algorithm to sort the list: Data Structure and Algorithm Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- The primary purpose of this research is to examine the relationship between employee perception: Employee Acceptance Towards E-HRM: Electronic Human Resource Management Dissertation, APU, Malaysia
- students are required to evaluate the psychological tests and reflect on the usability of the test in the Malaysian context: Psychological Test and Measurements Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Determinants of customer loyalty in the property industry in Johor Bahru The research objectives: Business Thesis Proposal, MUM, Malaysia