MER501: You will participate in the business model innovation (BMI) forums on LMS emphasizing discussions on “lean start-ups” and design thinking: ENTREPRENEURSHIP Report, HU, Malaysia
|University||HELP University (HU)|
ASSIGNMENT I: INDIVIDUAL FORUM SUMMARY ON CUSTOMER-CENTRIC BUSINESS MODEL INNOVATIONS
You will participate in the business model innovation (BMI) forums on LMS (10%), emphasizing discussions on “lean start-ups” and design thinking. This phase in the business model innovation emphasizes the desirability-viability criteria.
The need to identify “paying customer” and the practice of “customer-centric business model innovations”. Hence this individual forum summary (20%) “simulates”, “reconstructs” and “re-enacts” the thinking process of formulating a business model for a hypothetical new venture. In these aspect, new venture lessons are equally applicable to intrapreneurship or existing mature businesses.
Video Recording of Individual Presentation & Pitch Deck Slides
Entrepreneurs are often advised to look outside the boundaries of the business model canvas to test their “theories”, and to validate their value proposition to generate buy-in. Entrepreneurs are also by definition myth-debunkers.
You may have benefited from insights and discussions concerning some of these myths in the forum discussions on LMS. This presentation is an assessment of how you would pitch for funding for your hypothesized venture. Though aspects of the pitch deck resembles a conventional business plan, it is less detailed. A good template to use has been provided by Peter Thiel with guiding commentaries by Alejandro Cremades.
Because of its skew towards funding it is important to convey how revenue traction and product-market fit are related but distinct ideas.
Be careful not to structure this deck as a typical business plan. Samples of pitch decks and templates can also be found on the Web.
Case Special Project: Business Model Formulation: Strategy & Execution Planning
In this assignment you are required to test the assumptions underlying the business model formulated in the pitch deck and the presentation. The emphasis is on testing, implementation and execution. Much of the hypothesized venture’s viability and feasibility depends on how you define your core and ensure a fit to society’s expectations. Consider the context of Pandemics, that are now slowly being reclassified as endemic in various societies.
Many ventures are also digital in nature. How does technological developments impact upon its success? This does not mean a PEST analysis should be conducted. In fact, a venture is a series of “experiments”, incorporating certain methodologies and metrics to test alignment of the business model to the core value and mission expectations of stakeholders.
Ethical leadership should inform whether to “pivot, persevere or perish”, translating customer/product insights into actionable business solutions. The finer details surrounding this hypothesis-driven entrepreneurship is encapsulated in Bill Aulet’s (2013, 2017) “Disciplined Entrepreneurship”.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are you looking for online Report writing help on MER501: ENTREPRENEURSHIP? then Malaysia Assignment Help is the precise place. Our professional report writers are highly educated to deliver detailed reports on all academic subjects. you can also take top-quality homework writing help services at the lowest price.
Recent Solved Questions
- HMEC5123: You are required to carry out an observation to observe the quality of the learning environment for an early childhood setting: Quality of the Educational Environment for Young Children Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- How managers identify the information needed to make decisions and how that information is analyzed: Management Decision Making Essay, UON, Malaysia
- BTM3001: By their very nature, traditional companies are not equipped to deal with social problems: Ethics and sustainability in business environment Research Paper, MUM, Malaysia
- Explain the overall process of developing a new software application based on the latest literature: BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS Report, UCSI, Malaysia
- ENV-7020A: This coursework exercise promotes directed learning on impact prediction practices in Environmental Assessment: ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT THEORY Coursework, UOA, Malaysia
- ABDT3173: Examine the central concept of CRM. Determine the contributing factors of a customer-centric organization: Customer Relationship Management Home Work, TARC, Malaysia
- FIN30016: The size effect/premium in stock returns is the phenomenon that small-cap stocks on average outperform large-cap stocks over time: Financial Accounting Report, SUT, Malaysia
- MPU3113: Perlembagaan Malaysia mula berkuatkuasa pada tahun 1957 Ia berfungsi sebagai asas bagi semua undang-undang: Hubungan Etink Assignment, AeU, Malaysia
- ECN61104: The limitations of mainstream economics for dealing with corporate finance and pricing valuations: Financial Economics Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- Understand the aspects of liability insurance & Explain the meaning of liability insurance: International Business Assignment, TARC, Malaysia