MBA6073: Bank Negara Malaysia said today household debt, as measured by the household debt-to-gross domestic product ratio: Managerial Economics Assignment, HU, Malaysia
|University||Harvard University (HU)|
|Subject||MBA6073: Managerial Economics|
KUALA LUMPUR: Bank Negara Malaysia said today household debt, as measured by the household debt-to-gross domestic product ratio, expanded at a faster pace in the second half of 2019, primarily driven by loans for the purchase of residential properties.
BNM said in its Financial Stability Review for Second Half 2019 that the ratio of overall household debt-to-GDP rose to 82.7% as at end-2019 amid slower GDP growth and remained elevated relative to regional peers.
“Demand for residential property loans during the period was bolstered by the Home Ownership Campaign launched by the government. Personal financing and credit card loans also recorded higher growth. This was largely attributed to lending by development financial institutions to civil servants. “Overall debt-servicing capacity of households, however, continues to be supported by
income growth and adequate financial buffers.
At the aggregate level, both outstanding household financial assets and liquid financial assets remained broadly stable at 2.2 times and 1.4 times of debt, respectively. Household financial assets also continued to outpace the growth in debt for the third consecutive year,” it said.
BNM said the vast majority of household borrowers are also expected to be resilient to a significant decline in house prices and income shocks. Risks from household debt exposures remain concentrated among borrowers with monthly earnings of less than RM3,000 and housing loan borrowers with variable income who are more vulnerable to financial stress.
The share of borrowers from the vulnerable income group has continued to decline to 17.6% of total household debt, while the exposure-at-risk for housing loan borrowers with variable income remained low at 2% of total banking system loans, it said. BNM said the elevated level of household indebtedness remains a source of the potential risk to macroeconomic and subsequently, financial stability.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
If you struggling to finish your assignment. Then, hire an expert from malaysaissignmenthelp.com. who can assist you and provide you top-quality Managerial Economics Assignment according to your university requirement before the deadline at a reasonable rate.
Recent Solved Questions
- OUMH1203: The Movement Control Order implemented in Malaysia has classified businesses into essential services and non-essential services: English for Written Communication Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Mr. Aamir is a 45-year-old physiotherapist who has had a history of occasional stiffness and pain in the lower back region for the past 3 years: Physiotherapy Practice in Musculoskeletal Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- A soil sample for new development of Hospital Parity Bunter was collected for laboratory test: Soil Mechanics Assignment, UniMAP, Malaysia
- PSY3150: Do men and women experience romantic jealousy differently? Address this in relation to relevant theories and empirical evidence: Psychology-Role of Violent Mass Media Assignment, DC, Malaysia
- Imagine you are starting a new company and Write the details about the company plus the details of the product e.g., manufacturing processes, materials needed: BUSINESS MATHEMATICS Assignment, UTHM, Malaysia
- The increase in mobile phone use has transformed the way we live, communicate and do business: English for Workplace communication, OUM, Malaysia
- FINA1035: Footnotes should only be used to reference material or to tell the reader where to find the related information: Strategic Financial Management Case Study, UOG, Malaysia
- ENT1100: Write a report in which you analyze the potential opportunities and challenges for the development: Entertainment Technology Course Work, NYCCT, Malaysia
- Students will assume the responsibility of a Chief Strategy Officer by selecting an organization from the public domain or choosing: Strategic Management Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- CT038-3-2: COVID -19 Vaccine Registration System Vaccines are one of the methods for us to curb the pandemic and one of the best ways to protect our society: object oriented development with java Coursework, AUT, Malaysia