Maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY) was first reported in 1974 as mild familial diabetes with dominant: Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity Assignment, UM, Malaysia
|Universiti Malaya (UM)
|Diabetes Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity
Maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY) was first reported in 1974 as mild familial diabetes with dominant inheritance. Classically, MODY was characterized by autosomal dominant inheritance, onset before 45 years of age, the absence of βcell autoimmunity, absence of insulin resistance, and sustained β-cell function.
However, the new diagnostic criteria set forth in the Practice Guideline for MODY in 20084 include the onset before 25 years of age in one family member, the presence of diabetes in two consecutive generations, the absence of β-cell autoantibodies, and sustained endogenous insulin secretion. The preserved β-cell function is indicated by the lack of need for insulin treatment or a serum C-peptide level of >200 pmol/L even after 3 years of insulin treatment.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
If you're a college student who's struggling to find time for your thesis paper, Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com can offer you the solution you need. As a leading online assignment help provider, we understand the challenges that students face when it comes to academic writing. That's why we offer top-notch thesis help services that are tailored to meet your specific needs. With a team of qualified and experienced academic writers, we provide professional assistance that ensures your thesis paper is completed to the highest standards. Try us today and experience the benefits of our reliable thesis help services!
Recent Solved Questions
- Evaluate the impact of emerging technologies such as blockchain and artificial intelligence on the protection of intellectual: Management Information System Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Compare and contrast the use of welding and mechanical joining processes in the manufacture of a steel table: Manufacturing Process Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- XBOH2103: Following a significant increase in workplace accidents, a health and safety campaign is planned to be launched within an organization: Occupational Safety And Health Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- MGT6203: You are required to read a minimum of three (3)journals, articles, and write a review paper about Industry: Managing Information System Coursework, IIU, Malaysia
- Batik Gerimis was formed by Che Mahadi and their wife in 1997 after lengthy and laborious work to learn skills in batik: Data Analytics Assignment, HWU, Malaysia
- Ms. Sara is a principal at a secondary school in Malaysia who has noticed that her teachers seem stressed and overwhelmed: Management and Leadership in Education Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- Ms Kate is the principal of Unitarian Preschool with 14 years of experience: family Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- I’VE DEVOTED MOST OF MY life to working for the poorest people, particularly the poorest women, trying to remove: Business Economics Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- Distributed leadership, or the expansion of leadership roles in schools, beyond those in formal leadership or administrative posts: Educational Leadership Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- Two-dimensional covalent organic frameworks (2D-COFs) with diamine-based linkers: Physical Chemistry Report, UM, Malaysia