Maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY) was first reported in 1974 as mild familial diabetes with dominant: Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity Assignment, UM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
|Subject||Diabetes Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity|
Maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY) was first reported in 1974 as mild familial diabetes with dominant inheritance. Classically, MODY was characterized by autosomal dominant inheritance, onset before 45 years of age, the absence of βcell autoimmunity, absence of insulin resistance, and sustained β-cell function.
However, the new diagnostic criteria set forth in the Practice Guideline for MODY in 20084 include the onset before 25 years of age in one family member, the presence of diabetes in two consecutive generations, the absence of β-cell autoantibodies, and sustained endogenous insulin secretion. The preserved β-cell function is indicated by the lack of need for insulin treatment or a serum C-peptide level of >200 pmol/L even after 3 years of insulin treatment.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
If you're a college student who's struggling to find time for your thesis paper, Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com can offer you the solution you need. As a leading online assignment help provider, we understand the challenges that students face when it comes to academic writing. That's why we offer top-notch thesis help services that are tailored to meet your specific needs. With a team of qualified and experienced academic writers, we provide professional assistance that ensures your thesis paper is completed to the highest standards. Try us today and experience the benefits of our reliable thesis help services!
Recent Solved Questions
- A number of studies done concerning the language of instruction and students‟ performance in secondary schools: Pedagogical Implication on Student’s Performance in English Home Work, UO, Malaysia
- BNNS6263: Haemophilia is a known genetic disorder in Malaysia, with about more than 1000 cases reported in 2018: Haemopoietic & Oncology Nursing Assignment, LUC, Malaysia
- You are required to select any one of the DC OR AC machines. Discuss in detail the construction, working principles: Electronics & Electrical Power and Machines Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- CCS20903: Create a complete web application using Java Servlet and Java Server Pages technologies. Create a Java web application: Client Server Computing Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- BBMC4103: Few firms can thrive in the face of constant change Although change is difficult to accept, it is your responsibility: Change Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BBMC4103: Discussing the concepts and theories of organizational change and applying it in the real business world: Change Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Students are required to use their own company as an example to set up corporate entrepreneurship (CE): Managing Information Assignment, IUMW, Malaysia
- ECO551: Explain why econometrics is important for data analysis and Explain what is meant by a consistently estimated parameter: Monetary Economics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- BNNS6123: COVID-19 is a recently evolving communicable disease caused by novel strains of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus: Infection and Inflammation in Nursing Assignment, LUC, Malaysia
- BBM 208/05: Mr. Musk opened his California factory this week in defiance of local orders He has also criticized the response to the pandemic: Business Ethics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia