LGP7084: AHJ is a Malaysian public listed company listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad: Mergers & Acquisition Assignment, VUC, Malaysia
|Veritas University College (VUC)
|LGP7084: Mergers & Acquisition
AHJ is a Malaysian public listed company listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad. It and its subsidiaries are involved in a range of businesses, particularly motor vehicle assembly and distribution, hospitals, and insurance.
AHJ wishes to acquire BKL Sdn Bdh, also a Malaysian public listed company listed on the Main Market of Bursa Securities. BKL and its subsidiaries are also involved in a range of businesses, being stock broking, blood banks, and telecommunications. AHJ is keen to acquire the entire share capital of BKL, if possible, and to delist BKL.
AHJ is already a shareholder of 10% of the ordinary shares of BKL. AHJ only has ordinary shares in the issue. BKL has, in issue, ordinary shares and redeemable convertible preference shares convertible into ordinary shares, both classes of which are listed.
AHJ has been advised by their principal advisers, Chiew Advisers, that they should consider acquiring KLB by way of the Malaysian Code on Takeovers and Mergers 2016 and Rules on Take-overs, Mergers, and Compulsory Acquisitions.
Chiew Advisers has also recommended that the consideration for acquiring BKL should be a combination of cash and ordinary shares in AHJ. If possible, AHJ should like BKL to bear or ultimately bear the financing of the cash portion of the offer. You have been asked by AHJ to:
- Draft a set of terms and conditions that should be inserted into the relevant
the document under the Malaysian Code on Takeovers and Mergers 2016 and Rules on Take-overs, Mergers, and Compulsory Acquisitions offering to acquire the shares and securities of BKL. The draft set of terms and conditions should be based substantially on the style and approach taken in similar documents. The relevant document should be the document to be utilized based on your recommendation. The terms and conditions do not need to contain the usual formal parts of such a document and should focus on the substantive terms and conditions of the offer, and
- Draft a memorandum explaining:
i. The different approaches available under the Malaysian Code on Takeovers and Mergers 2016 and Rules on Take-overs, Mergers, and Compulsory Acquisitions, your recommendation on the method to affect this, and the reason for your recommendation,
ii. any laws regulating the financing of the cash portion of the offer,
iii. particular issues to consider, and
iv. the reason for inserting particular terms or conditions in the draft set of terms and conditions
Get Help By Expert
At Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com, we know that tackling homework can be overwhelming and challenging. That is why our online homework help services provide you with experienced tutors who are available 24/7 to assist you with your toughest tasks! These tutors are knowledgeable, patient, and dedicated to providing the best possible assignment assistance for all of your assignments - whether it's math, science or history related. We understand how stressful completing schoolwork can be; so let us take away some of the pressure in order for you to achieve success today!
Recent Solved Questions
- BBPW3103: Select any Three companies listed in the consumer products and services sector, on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia: Financial Management 1 Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- A floating bottle has two ways to go: either it goes to someone else or it comes back to you. The floating bottle: Computer Science Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- BMK311: Smart Home Technology was introduced in the early 2000s. Everyone in the world began talking about the Internet of Things: Product Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- BBM104/03: Background of The Body Shop And Target Market Who are The Body Shop’s target customers For e.g teenagers, working adults: Principles of Marketing Essay, UOSG, Malaysia
- JFP463E: Conduct interviews with 5 investors/respondents to explore and understand their investment behavior: Finance Assignment, USM, Malaysia
- ACC4264: Describe the importance of having a Performance Measurement System and critically discuss several types: Advanced Management Accounting Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- “Your task is to build a spreadsheet model (using Microsoft Excel) of the IT Expo: Data Science Course Work, UOW, Malaysia
- HBET1203: Listen to the recording of Beatrice and Mirai reading a Sufi tale entitled “The Banquet Compare the speech patterns of Beatrice and Mirai: English Phonetics and Phonology Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- BBM102/03: You are a government economist analyzing the market for iPhones Consider the following events below: Microeconomics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- MGT6203: You are required to read a minimum of three (3)journals, articles, and write a review paper about Industry: Managing Information System Coursework, IIU, Malaysia