It is commonly assumed that GREs produce scores with a mean of 500 In October 2020 the mean verbal score of 5701 Malaysian students: Statistics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
It is commonly assumed that GREs produce scores with a mean of 500. In October 2020, the mean verbal score of 5701 Malaysian students was 503 with a standard deviation of 104. Test the hypothesis that the sample mean equals the population mean at a .05 level of significance.
- State the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis for the above test;
- Calculate the t value and make your decision and conclusion; and
- What are the practical implications of your decision?
- As part of the program to reduce smoking, the Ministry of Health ran an advertising campaign to convince people to quit smoking. To evaluate the effectiveness of their campaign, they had 12 subjects record the average number of cigarettes smoked per day in the week before and the week after exposure to the advertisement. The data were:
Test the effectiveness of the campaign by testing the appropriate hypothesis at a 0.05 level of significance.
- State the appropriate null and alternative hypothesis
- Calculate the t value
- Make your decision and conclusion
- Run the t-test analysis using the SPSS and compare the results with that of the above manual calculations.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Want to boost rank in your Statistics assignment then hire the assignment helper service from MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com. our experts are highly skilled to provide step-by-step answers on almost all subjects such as business, statistics, etc subjects at a nominal price.
Recent Solved Questions
- CCS21203/DSE20203: Apply the principles and theories related to information technology and application in the Operating System environment: OPERATING SYSTEM Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- BUS706: You are a senior manager in a business unit of a medium-sized enterprise, with functional management and organizational leadership responsibilities: Finance for Managers Assignment, LIBT, Malaysia
- BNNS6123: COVID-19 is a recently evolving communicable disease caused by novel strains of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus: Infection and Inflammation in Nursing Assignment, LUC, Malaysia
- If you were the brand manager for Kraft salad dressing, which obstacles to implementing the key integrated marketing: Integrated Marketing Communication Assignment, IIU, Malaysia
- To examine the two-way inflation-growth nexus across CPI sectors of Malaysia: Final Year Project Report malaysia
- STA404: A manager at one of the popular Telco companies is currently conducting a survey regarding the service failure at their service counter: Statistics for Business and Social Sciences Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Pilihan raya adalah mekanisme utama dalam membuktikan sistem demokrasi dipraktikkan di sesebuah negara: Kenegaraan Dan Pembangunan Mutakhir Report, UTHM, Malaysia
- A literature review is an account of what has been published on a topic by accredited scholars and researchers: Research Methodology Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- Discuss how can collaboration shape the country’s security dynamics during this pandemic: International Community Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- BBM104/03: Background of The Body Shop And Target Market Who are The Body Shop’s target customers For e.g teenagers, working adults: Principles of Marketing Essay, UOSG, Malaysia