It is commonly assumed that GREs produce scores with a mean of 500 In October 2020 the mean verbal score of 5701 Malaysian students: Statistics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Malaya (UM)|
It is commonly assumed that GREs produce scores with a mean of 500. In October 2020, the mean verbal score of 5701 Malaysian students was 503 with a standard deviation of 104. Test the hypothesis that the sample mean equals the population mean at a .05 level of significance.
- State the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis for the above test;
- Calculate the t value and make your decision and conclusion; and
- What are the practical implications of your decision?
- As part of the program to reduce smoking, the Ministry of Health ran an advertising campaign to convince people to quit smoking. To evaluate the effectiveness of their campaign, they had 12 subjects record the average number of cigarettes smoked per day in the week before and the week after exposure to the advertisement. The data were:
Test the effectiveness of the campaign by testing the appropriate hypothesis at a 0.05 level of significance.
- State the appropriate null and alternative hypothesis
- Calculate the t value
- Make your decision and conclusion
- Run the t-test analysis using the SPSS and compare the results with that of the above manual calculations.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Want to boost rank in your Statistics assignment then hire the assignment helper service from MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com. our experts are highly skilled to provide step-by-step answers on almost all subjects such as business, statistics, etc subjects at a nominal price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Fast Energy Generation Prediction Using Automated Solar PV System Design Optimization: Dissertation, Malaysia
- Demonstrate the use of Java concepts and their functionalities in the existing system: Java Programming Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- FIT1043: The Python programming language in the Jupyter Notebook environment It should also be formatted properly using the Markdown language: Introduction to data science Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- UKFB3053: Discuss whether it is rationale for the Royal Commission of Inquiry (“RCI”) to revisiting the allegations on the matter in 2017: Financial Markets & Regulations Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- Evaluate the local markets in light of stock markets, interest rates, currencies, and commodities Explain how these elements would affect your proposed business: Business Accounting and Finance Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- students will be evaluated on their ability to analyze, interpret, justify, create ideas, propose viable and ethical solutions, and apply the best alternatives: Management & Financial Accounting Case study, MUM, Malaysia
- Critical response is an insightful and critical response to a workplace issue related to the topic of diversity and corporate culture within or outside of Malaysia: Gender Discrimination Essay, UM, Malaysia
- KIG1006:Design a simple product based on your innovation apply, combine or improve product functions that consist of approximately five parts drawings and one assembly drawing: Engineering drawing, Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- KNS2163: Work to remediate failed slope along Jalan Sebauh, Bintulu is proposed and The affected slope is along a 5 km section of the road: Geotechnical Engineering Assignment, UNIMAS, Malaysia
- Thinking skills and problem solving – University Of Malaysia- You are a single parent with three young children. Your spouse has just passed away recently due to a motor-road accident