Ford CEO Alan Mulally is known for starting meetings by saying “Data will set you free” and for trying to change Ford’s culture: Organization Behavior Assignment, APU, Malaysia
|University||Asia Pacific University (APU)|
Ford CEO Alan Mulally is known for starting meetings by saying “Data will set you free” and for trying to change Ford’s culture to one that is based on increased accountability, more information sharing, and hard metrics. “You can’t manage a secret, “ he is also fond of saying. Although it’s not clear whether Mulally’s approach will work at Ford, which is known for its self-contained fiefdoms where little information is shared, some companies have found that managing people accordingly to hard metrics has paid off. Consider Freescale Semiconductor, a computer chip manufacturer based in Austin, Texas.
Freescale has discovered that in order to have the right people at the right time to do the right job, it needs an extensive and elaborate set of metrics to manage its 24,000 employees in 30 countries. Of particular concern to Freescale is retention. ‘There’s no greater cost than human capital, especially in the technology industry,” says Jignasha Patel, Freescale’s director of global talent sourcing and inclusion. “When you’ve got a tenured employee that decides to walk out the door, it’s not just one person leaving, it’s that person’s knowledge and network and skills”
To manage talent and prevent turnover, Freescale holds line managers accountable for recruiting, hiring, and retaining employees. To do that, managers need to project their talent needs into the future and reconcile those with projected availabilities. Patel provides line managers with census data that help them make their projections, but at the end of the day, the responsibility is theirs. ‘What we have done is taken all of our inclusion data, all our metrics, and we’ve moved the accountability over to the business unit,” Patel says.
Patel also provides Freescale managers with benchmark data so they can compare their effectiveness with that of other units. The benchmark data include the number of people hired, turnovers, and promotions – and breakdowns by demographic categories. “There’s [a return on investment] for everything we do,” says Patel.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Enhance Your Academic Performance with Expert Online Assignment Help at Malaysia Assignment Help! Get top-notch assistance for your Organization Behavior assignment at Asia Pacific University (APU). Our skilled writers will provide comprehensive solutions tailored to your requirements, ensuring high grades and timely delivery. Trust our reliable Do My Assignment service to excel in your studies and make the most of your university experience. Visit our website now for exceptional support and academic success!
Recent Solved Questions
- Prior to the Covid-19 pandemic, organizations had already been pressured by fluctuations in oil prices: Managing People and Organisational Behaviour Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- MGW3130: write an essay that compares and contrasts change initiatives by DIFFERENT organisations in the SAME industry that solved SAME problems: Organisational change and development Essay, MUM, Malaysia
- Selalu Sukses Sdn. Bhd. owned by Hsalut is a business specializing in trading nasi lemak: Accounting Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- ACC4213: Identify and critically evaluate strategic management accounting techniques applied by two (2) companies in attaining business competitive advantage: Strategic Cost Management Assignment, UH, Malaysia
- To build knowledge and current development on Management Information System during Covid 19 pandemic: Management Information System Assignment, AIMST, Malaysia
- Make a graph to show the data distribution and Analyse and interpret the data using Mean, median, variance, and standard deviation: Business statistics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- According to the SME Corporation Malaysia, SMEs are defined as firms with sales turnover not exceeding RM50 million: Financial Management Assignment, UKM, Malaysia
- The EC … is not fully independent of the Government. Its powers are limited and have not even been exercised as broadly as they might be: Constitutional and Administrative Law Assignment, UOS, Malaysia
- Explain the essential facts, concepts, principles, strategies, and theories relating to Information Technology applications: C Programming Assignment, UU, Malaysia
- Explain in your own words, the role that an Advocate & Solicitor has in the resolution of a dispute or to ascertain the guilt: Ethics Essay, UM, Malaysia