FIT3179: The aim of the assignment is to apply the data visualisation techniques examined during the entire semester: Data Visualisation Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
|University||Monash University Malaysia (MUM)|
|Subject||FIT3179: Data Visualisation|
Very similar to the Data Visualisation 1 assignment, you design and build an effective data visualisation for a specific domain. The major difference is that you will use the Vega-Lite visualisation library to create maps and diagrams.
The aim of the assignment is to apply the data visualisation techniques examined during the entire semester and demonstrate their use in an innovative context.
The following requirements apply specifically for this Data Visualisation 2 assignment:
● The selected domain is clearly different from the domain of your Data Visualisation 1.
● You use the Vega-Lite library for creating maps and diagrams. You may use other libraries for creating diagrams that are not possible with Vega-Lite, however, you must get approval from your tutor before using other libraries.
Your Vega-Lite visualisation must load reasonably fast. This implies that data files to download cannot be large. Aim at a total downloadable size of less than 1 megabyte. If this limit is too low for your visualisation (for example, if you include video files or large zoomable raster images), then a discussion with your tutor is required before submission.
● Your web page includes at least one geographic map. If including a map does not make sense for your domain, your tutor can give an exemption for this requirement.
The following requirements from the Data Visualisation 1 assignment also apply for this assignment:
● Why? It should address a particular need within a specific domain of your choosing. It must be targeted to the domain, its needs, and its users. This does not mean the visualisation has to solve an existing problem, but it must be a visualisation that is useful or relevant to people with an interest in the chosen domain.
● What? It should use a data source relevant to the domain. Data can be of any kind.
● Who? Design your visualisation for the average Australian or Malaysian.
● The visualisation must turn data into something meaningful and provide insight that would otherwise be difficult to obtain without the visualisation.
● It must provide interactive exploration.
● It needs to show some innovation. It does not have to be wholly original but cannot be a replica of a visualisation that already exists. It could be an innovative visualisation idiom, or an innovative exploration of an interesting dataset.
● It must demonstrate the use of the Five Design Sheet methodology for sketching and planning the design of your visualisation.
● It must demonstrate the use of the Munzer What/Why/How framework discussed in lectures for correctly assessing the type of data, the goals of the visualisation and the design of the visualisation.
● It must apply design principles discussed throughout the unit, such as data-ink ratio, storytelling, layout, typography and visualisation idioms with appropriate use of marks and channels.
Task Description and Schedule
1. By the end of Week 8:
a. Choose a domain that you would like to explore.
b. Find relevant datasets that are publicly available.
c. Discuss your domain, design ideas, and datasets with your tutor.
d. Design your visualisation using the 5 Design Sheet Methodology.
a. The homework of Weeks 9 and 10 consist of creating a map and a diagram with Vega-Lite. You can include improved versions of the map and the diagram that you create for these homework assignments in this Data Visualisation 2
Important: Monash University policy does not allow submitting the same work for two assessments. Therefore, you need to clearly improve your homework map and diagram if you include them in this Data Visualisation 2 assignment.
b. Create a web page and embed your Vega-Lite diagrams and maps. Use CSS to style typography and design the layout of your web page. Make your visualisation publicly viewable as a GitHub page.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysia Assignment Help is a well-known company to provide essay writing help on FIT3179: Data Visualisation. Our experts are highly skilled to deliver magnificent solutions for Information technology assignments and programming assignments at the lowest price.
Recent Solved Questions
- My Personal Development Plan has been influenced by my work experience as a supervisor in a small: Professional Management and Leadership Development Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- FIN30014: Identify ONE financial risk faced by Alphabet Inc given the above scenario Systematically review and critically evaluate research from a variety: Financial Risk Management Case Study, SUT, Malaysia
- EIA1005: Let X be a continuous random variable with the following probability density function: Statistics Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- Ability to obtain and analyze the Thevenin equivalent circuit: Electronic Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- Mrs Spoon is a 48-year-old woman who works part-time as a kindergarten assistant come to physiotherapy clinic with the history of Pain: PHYSIOTHERAPY Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- PDS0101:A farmer wants to cross a river and take with him a wolf, a goat, and a cabbage: Intro to Digital Systems, Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- BBCM4103: Why Conduct a Job Analysis?’You have been asked to speak about this topic to junior staff And Write down the important points: Compensation Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- What is the relationship between perceived easiness and excessive spending behavior among young adult by using e-wallet payment method: Law Research paper, UM, Malaysia
- Kirakan nisbah kewangan bagi Asyeek Berhad bagi tahun 2015 berserta komen, prestasi syarikat berbanding purata industri: Financial Management Assignment, KYPJ, Malaysia
- Selalu Sukses Sdn. Bhd. owned by Hsalut is a business specializing in trading nasi lemak: Accounting Assignment, UM, Malaysia