FIN242 The Sunrise Corporation requires RM150,000 in short-term projects for 270 days: Corporate Finance Group Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
|Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
|CORPORATE FINANCE Assignment
The Sunrise Corporation requires RM150,000 in short-term projects for 270 days. The management team has identified four suitable sources for the project as the followings:
Forego trade credit with the following terms: 2/10, net 40.
Issue two commercial papers at a 12% annual interest rate with a placement fee of RM2,000 per paper. The par value of each paper is RM75,000.
Borrow from Bank Alley at 12% per annum on a discount basis with 5% compensating balance requirement. Sunrise Corporation normally maintains an account of RM5,000 in the bank.
The firm has a revolving credit agreement amounting to RM250, 000. The commitment fee on the unused loan portion is 2%. The annual interest rate on the loan is 1.5% above the current rate of 9% and there is a compensating balance requirement of 10% on the unused loan amount.
i. Calculate the effective costs of the above sources of financing (16 marks)
ii. State which financial source should be chosen by the Sunrise Corporation and discuss why.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Looking for a cheap assignment helper for your studies at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) in Corporate Finance? Our services offer Report Writing Help and support for Group Assignments.Specifically, if you're tackling the financial needs of The Sunrise Corporation, requiring RM150,000 for short-term projects over 270 days for your Group Assignment in Corporate Finance at UiTM, our experts are available. Malaysian students seeking affordable yet quality assistance can rely on our professionals, ensuring success in comprehending financial concepts and excelling in your UiTM coursework.
Recent Solved Questions
- Mental ill health is not a new issue in the current workplace. It is an issue that had been neglected for too long as it reflects: Human Resources Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Prepare a statement of changes in equity for Small Limited for the year ended 30 September 2023: Financial Accounting Assignment, Malaysia
- CHE 433: Velocity is an intensive property of a system and One kilogram of water at a temperature of 225°C and 500 kPa has a volume of 0.078405 m3: Thermodynamics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Anthony and Hannah are a young married couple who got married nine years ago. Both of them are 32 years old and have three children: Personal Finance and Insurance Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- TAX667: If the company is not eligible for tax incentives, students may offer suggestions on how the company: Advanced Taxation Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- What are the foreseeable challenges faced by the court in ensuring the admissibility and authenticity of the digital evidence: Law Research Paper, UKM, Malaysia
- BAM7014: Prepare a briefing report on the financial implications of the managing director’s proposal to outsource some: Accounting for Managers Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- Discuss critically the 3 Short-term Impacts & 3 Long-term Impacts of the Covid-19 Pandemic on Economic: Economic Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- The Minister of Finance of Malaysia has announced that the country needs RM168 Billion for the National Budget 2008: Customs Management and Challenges Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Discuss an issue/ problem/ process improvement that occurs in the current construction project: Project Cost Auditing Assignment, UITM, Malaysia