MEE3383: From the power flow standpoint, propose a solution to make sure the system is operating within acceptable voltage limits: Advanced Power System Analysis Design Assignment, UCD, Malaysia
|University||University College Dublin (UCD)|
|Subject||MEE3383: Advanced Power System Analysis Design|
- Critically analyze the steady state performance of a power system.
- Model a comprehensive power system according to standards that are suitable for power system study using appropriate analytical software.
As a planning engineer, you are required to provide recommendations for the five-bus power system as shown in Figure 1, to ensure that the system is adequate for any base case or first contingency loading situation.
- From the power flow standpoint, propose a solution to make sure the system is operating within acceptable voltage limits. Refer to the Malaysian Grid Code for the operating voltage limit.
- Analyze the fault currents and voltages for a bolted single line-to-ground fault at Bus 1 to Bus 5. The pre-fault voltage is 1.05 p.u. A neutral reactance equal to 0.0025 p.u is connected to the Generator 2 neutral.
Machine, line, and transformer data are given in Tables 5, 6, and 7. Note that the neutrals of both transformers and Generator 1 are solidly grounded, as indicated by a neutral reactance of zero for this equipment.
- Evaluate the circuit breaker ratings for the 345 kV transmission lines and 15/345 kV transformers. The circuit breaker ratings should be adequate for interrupting the fault current associated with any type of fault.
- Determine system modifications to replace Bus 3’s machine with a new wind
farm. The wind farm is expected to have a capacity factor of at least 70% of the system loading. Evaluate system performance while keeping a load of each line and transformer at 100% of its MVA limit.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is a premier online platform providing best-in-class services to students around the world. Our platform offers capstone project help through our team of experienced professionals who are capable of delivering top-notch services unique to your needs. Our assignment help experts have extensive knowledge across different fields and thus, no matter how complex your project may be, you can always rely on us for excellent results that match the industry standards of quality.
Recent Solved Questions
- The quantity demanded and quantity supplied for good A and good B by the citizens of a country XYZ at different prices: Economics Assignment, HU, Malaysia
- This year marks the 50th anniversary of one of the most important economic policies ever implemented: Malaysia Economy Essay, UON, Malaysia
- OUMH1303: Describe Effective Verbal and Non-Verbal Language in Expressing Formal: English For Oral Communication Assignment, OUM
- CHE433: Considering a pump that is used to pump seawater at different depths, shown here in Figure: Thermodynamics Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- LAW416: Karim ordered 100 packets of gummy bears from Julie. He instructed Julie to pack 20 packets in 5 boxes to be sent: Business Law Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- What search strategies did you use to identify key papers that should be read to develop your answer to the essay: Psychology Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- SBFS1103: A team of five persons is responsible for negotiating the prices of cables that suppliers provide to your company: Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- A business to have a competitive advantage in order to survive Management needs to make an effective strategy: Managerial Statistic Home Work, UON, Malaysia
- SKEE4683: As part of your role in the electrical engineering design department of a multi-national consultancy you have been allocated an activity: POWER SYSTEM DESIGN AND OPERATION Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- You have been engaged as a consultant to build a new generation of leaders in a pharmaceutical research organization: Leadership and Organizational Behavior Assignment, UOI, Malaysia