FIN242 Altech Company requires RM500,000 to support the working capital requirements for the next 9 months: Corporate finance Group Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
|Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
Altech Company requires RM500,000 to support the working capital requirements for the next 9 months. There are several alternatives for financing as below:
a) Borrow from Orient Bank and pay an annual interest rate of 8 percent on a discounted basis. The bank requires a 12 percent compensating balance. A company maintains a demand deposit of RM40,000 in the bank that can be used to meet part of the compensating balance requirement.
b) Altech Company also has a revolving credit agreement with SDO Bank for the total amount of RM550, 000 with an interest rate of 6 percent. A commitment fee of 5% is charged on the unused loan. SDO Bank also requires a company to maintain a deposit of RM20, 000 in an account.
c) Issue commercial paper on a discount basis at an interest rate of 10 percent per annum. The dealer placement fee is RM2,000 per paper and the par value of these commercial papers is RM50,000 each.
d) Foregoing a trade credit with favorable term of 5/20 net 60.
i. Calculate the effective costs of the above alternatives. (16 marks)
ii. State which financing alternative should be chosen by the company and discuss why.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
For University Assignment Help in Malaysia, particularly in Corporate Finance at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), our online assignment help caters to Malaysian students.If you're facing the challenge of the Altech Company's need for RM500,000 to support working capital requirements in the next 9 months for your Group Assignment in Corporate Finance at UiTM, our experts are here for you. Pay for our specialized guidance to excel in your coursework, ensuring success in navigating the complexities of financial analysis at UiTM.
Recent Solved Questions
- Computational thinking refers to the thought processes involved in defining a problem and its solution: Computational Thinking and Problem Solving Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- Explain the theoretical foundations behind the establishment of post-world war economic: International Relations and Diplomacy Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- Nurses are the backbone of the healthcare industry. Nurses’ roles as patient advocates and skilled care providers will never: Healthcare Research Paper, IMC, Malaysia
- CIS2021-N: You work as a software developer for the fictitious ThreeAmigos Corp and The company wishes to overtake its rival ManshaCo: Web Apps and Services Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- BMG323/03: Using market basket analysis, construct a combination of two purchased items into an appropriate table: BUSINESS ANALYTICS Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- CT050-3-2-WAPP: create a website that will serve as a platform for both registered and non-registered users who are looking for digital learning: WEB APPLICATIONS Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- You work in Labuan for a well-known hotel chain You are needed to write a report on the COVID 19 pandemic: Business Communication Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- A firm’s short-run total cost function is 𝑇𝐶 = 𝑞 2 − 3𝑞 + 500 The firm is a monopolist and the inverse demand function for its product is 𝑝 = −𝑞 + 105: Introduction to Mathematical Economics Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- BDEK2203: Illustrate and explain the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and unemployment for Malaysia for the years 2018-2021 using graphs: Introductory Macroeconomics Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- LGV7024: Syarikat Advanze Thermo Sdn Bhd (“Advanze Thermo” or “the company”) is a private company that was incorporated in 2010: corporate law Assignment, MMU, Malaysia