FIN242 AllStarz Sdn. Bhd. requires RM350,000 in the short term to support the working capital requirements for 5 months: Corporate Finance Group Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
|Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
|CORPORATE FINANCE Assignment
AllStarz Sdn. Bhd. requires RM350,000 in the short term to support the working capital requirements for 5 months. The company has the following alternatives:
Borrow from Mewah Bank and pay an annual interest rate of 7.5% on a discounted basis.
The bank requires a 12% compensating balance. AllStarz maintains a demand deposit of RM20,000 in the bank.
Issue commercial paper on a discount basis at an interest of 10% per annum. The dealer placement fee is RM5, 000 per paper and the par value of a commercial paper is RM50, 000 per paper.
Foregoing a trade credit with a favourable term of 5/10, net 60
AllStarz has a revolving credit agreement with Megah Bank for the total amount of RM400,000. Interest rate of 8% is charged on the used loan. A commitment fee of 5% is charged on the unused loan. On top of that, the bank requires that AllStarz maintains a checking account of RM20, 000.
i. Calculate the effective interest rates of the above financing alternatives
ii. Which is the best financing alternative for AllStarz Sdn. Bhd.? Why?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
In pursuit of assistance for your Corporate Finance studies at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) in Malaysia? Look no further! Our assignment helpers in Malaysia offer dedicated Essay Writing Help and aid with Group Assignments.Specifically, if you're addressing AllStarz Sdn. Bhd.'s requirement of RM350,000 for short-term working capital spanning 5 months in your Corporate Finance Group Assignment at UiTM, our experts are here to support you. Malaysian students can secure tailored guidance by paying for expert help, ensuring proficiency in tackling financial challenges at UiTM.
Recent Solved Questions
- For the first assignment, you are required to play the role of a researcher and paper presenter for a topic to be chosen from Week: Diplomacy: Theory & Practice Essay, AUTI, Malaysia
- You are required to highlight the extent to which the accounting principles and disclosures comply with the Malaysian: Finance Assignment, NUN, Malaysia
- Across the developing world, mineral-rich nations are demanding a bigger piece of the EV pie, saying they are moving: Operation Management Assignment, AMU, Malaysia
- What is the MAC address of the web server? What was the attacker trying to achieve with this action: Crypotography Course Work, UPM, Malaysia
- PGBM156: Critical analysis and evaluation of the strategies adopted by Multinational Corporations operating in an industry: Strategic Management in an International Context Case Study, UOS, Malaysia
- TSI2241: Compare and contrast between horizontal and vertical integration. The report should contain: System Integration and Architecture Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- Examination of the policies and laws established by the Malaysian government to support ta’liq by desertion: Islamic Family Law Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- D30IC: Originally proposed in 2010 by the Malay real estate developer PNB. With the initial foundation and groundworks commencing: Innovation In Construction Practice Case Study, HWU, Malaysia
- Prepare an Audit Planning Memorandum not exceeding 4,000 words. Your Audit Planning Memorandum: Audit Assignment, Malaysia
- You have identified that you want to move into or progress your clinical or administrative leadership and management: Management and Administration in Nursing Assignment, CU, Malaysia