FAR620: Glov Bhd is a publicly listed company in the healthcare sector. It manufactures and sells high-quality gloves which fulfill demand: Consolidated Financial Statements Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)|
|Subject||FAR620: Consolidated Financial Statements|
Glov Bhd is a publicly listed company in the healthcare sector. It manufactures and sells high-quality gloves which fulfill demand in both the healthcare and non-healthcare segments. To meet consumers’ demand and diversify its business risks, Glov Bhd acquired the shares of several companies.
a) Sakura Bhd is an importer and distributor of high-quality frozen food products for the Malaysian market. In the year 2021, the company won a 25-year contract to provide catering and related services at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Sakura Bhd, Itachi Bhd, and Hinata Bhd entered into an agreement to jointly control Midori Bhd. Sakura Bhd has a 38% interest in Midori Bhd. Itachi Bhd and Hinata Bhd respectively own 32% and 30% interests in Midori Bhd. Based on the agreement, any changes to the relevant activities of Midori Bhd require at least 75% agreement from the venturers.
Puan Aisyah and Encik Michael are accountants of Sakura Bhd. They contemplate applying MFRS10 Consolidated Financial Statements, MFRS11 Joint Arrangements, and MFRS128 Investments in Associates and Joint Ventures in preparing the group financial statements. Disagreement arises when Puan Aisyah proposes to apply the acquisition method in accordance with MFRS 10 for the investment in Midori Bhd as Sakura Bhd owns the majority interest in Midori Bhd meanwhile Encik Michael advises applying the equity method under MFRS 128.
b) Apart from acquiring enough ordinary shares in the investee company, discuss two (2) other ways to control an investee company
On 1 January 2018, Blue Bhd acquired 80% interest in Klise Bhd for a cash consideration of RM20 million. On the date of acquisition, the fair value of the land and building of Klise Bhd has an excess value of RM1.2 million and RM2 million respectively. The building has a remaining useful life of 15 years on that date.
The goodwill on the acquisition of Klise Bhd was RM6 million. Within the period of 4 years, from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2021, the goodwill was impaired by RM2.4 million. The group’s policy measures the non-controlling interest at its fair value.
On 1 July 2022, Blue Bhd disposed of 50% of its interests in Klise Bhd for RM10 million. The net assets of Klise Bhd on that date were RM16 million. The fair value of the remaining shares of Blue Bhd in Klise Bhd was RM6 million.
Tulip Berhad sold goods to Mawar Berhad for RM1.5 million. The margin was 20% on the selling price which was the normal markup rate charged by the industry players. Tulip Berhad does not acquire any ordinary shares in Mawar Berhad. However, Mawar Berhad is owned by the daughters of the CEO of Tulip Berhad.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is the leading provider of cheap thesis writing services in Malaysia. They have a team of highly experienced assignment writers who are well-versed in academic writing, so you can be sure that your final paper will leave an excellent impression on your professor. So don't wait any longer and get started on perfecting your thesis today with the help of Malaysian experts!
Recent Solved Questions
- HRM-OL-7113: Integrate social skills and responsibility considerations in HRM decision-making and practices in achieving business operational efficiency: Human Resource Management Assignment, MU, Malaysia
- A patient’s sister, who often collects her brother’s medicine, asks for a photocopy of his repeat prescription: Pharmacy Practice Essay, TU, Malaysia
- CIS2021-N: You work as a software developer for the fictitious ThreeAmigos Corp and The company wishes to overtake its rival ManshaCo: Web Apps and Services Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- I know much money must be put into a bank account yielding 5% annually in order to have RM 250 at the end of five years: Financial Assignment, TARC, Malaysia
- ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF POVERTY Identify and describe comprehensively the impacts of poverty on the chosen country in Part I: Economics Assignment, UON, Malaysia
- MKT243: Developing economies suffer from a lack of market dynamism and competitive firm selection: Fundamentals of Marketing Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Sedap Fried Chicken Bhd is a new and rapid growing fast-food company in Malaysia: HR Management Report, OUM, Malaysia
- In this assignment, your team is asked to develop a store management system (SMS) in Java using Eclipse IDE and object-oriented programming concepts: Object Orientation Programming Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- BBGO4103: The purpose of this assignment is to enhance learners’ ability to adopt organizational behavioral theories and concepts in real organizational settings: Organisational Behaviour Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- BUS40804: The social network of my new venture. One of the personal characteristics that make some people better at recognizing opportunities: ENTERPRENEURSHIP Report, TU, Malaysia