ELC501: Malaysian car buyers have come a long way in the past ten years or so. From only caring about looks, performance: English for Critical Academic Reading Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
|University||Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)|
|Subject||ELC501: English for Critical Academic Reading|
Malaysian car buyers have come a long way in the past ten years or so. From only caring about looks, performance, and spaciousness, we now have a demanding consumer base that asks more pertinent questions regarding safety features.
That’s great to know, and in general, car specifications in Malaysia have seen gradual improvements over the years. It wasn’t too long ago that a brand new Toyota Camry, a D-segment sedan was sold here without any form of electronic stability control.
Now, not only does the latest Camry have ESP as standard, but it also gets the full suite of active safety features, complete with autonomous emergency braking (AEB), adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, and blind spot monitor. In fact, pretty much the entire Toyota range in Malaysia is fitted with ESP as standard now, down to the cheapest Yaris. Only the long-in-the-tooth Avanza is an exception.
The same goes for more basic safety features such as airbags. A few years back, you’d need at least a C-segment vehicle to have anything more than two airbags, but now, even the Perodua Myvi gets at least four. The Kia Picanto, technically an A-segmenter, 1/5 gets six airbags. Similarly, AEB and other active safety features were once exclusive to high-end premium cars, and now they’re available on the Perodua Axia and Bezza.
But it’s not all roses, obviously, because while we have seen great advancements in most areas, some things have stayed the same. Even with Malaysian car buyers being more demanding of safety equipment in new cars, quite a few car brands in the country still have the habit of offering compromised safety kits on lower, cheaper variants.
I can forgive older models that were launched a few years ago. It was a different time, then. The Proton Iriz, for instance, only offers two airbags in Standard and Executive forms, but let’s not forget that it is offered with six airbags in Premium guise was a landmark moment for the industry in Malaysia way back in 2014.
Back then, the Perodua Myvi only had two airbags and no ESP, even in its most
expensive variant. It was not until the end of 2017 that it matched the Proton while moving the goalpost even further with the inclusion of AEB. Stability control was also fitted to the Myvi and added to the Axia and Bezza more recently. A great byproduct of competition– all parties improve.
But back to the matter at hand, we still have brand new car models launching with compromised safety kits here and now in 2020. Of the three biggest launches in the past month – the Proton X50, Honda City, and Nissan Almera – all have fewer airbags in the lower variants compared to the more expensive variants.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Are you struggling to write an essay that meets your professor's expectations? Look no further than Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com - the premier essay writing service in Malaysia. Our team of experienced assignment writers and editors will work with you to create a customized, high-quality essay that will impress your professor and help you achieve the grades you deserve. Don't let essay writing stress you out - let Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com take the burden off your shoulders and help you succeed in your academic journey.
Recent Solved Questions
- BBUI3103: Identify and discuss tests that are usually considered by the court in determining the employer-employee relationship: Employment And Industrial Law Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- TAX667: If the company is not eligible for tax incentives, students may offer suggestions on how the company: Advanced Taxation Assignment, UTM, Malaysia
- Identify and discuss e-Pay Malaysia’s entrepreneurial orientation/behavior. Your discussion should include the dimensions: Strategic Entrepreneurship Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- TEN21504: A transistor can be employed as an amplifying device where DC and AC analysis is used to obtain the amplifier parameter required: Electronic Circuit Analysis Assignment, MSU, Malaysia
- PPS0034: A committee of 6 people is to be chosen from a group consisting of 7 men and 8 women. Find the probability that the committee: Introduction to Probability and Statistics Assignment, MMU, Malaysia
- STA1203: Foundation In Business Information Technology Programme (CFPI) Determine whether each of the following variables is quantitative or qualitative : Business Statistics
- In this laboratory practical, students are required to separate and purify unknown compounds of a given sample mixture using appropriate: Bachelor of Science in Analytical Chemistry Report, TARC, Malaysia
- PT00103: Falsafah merupakan satu cabang ilmu yang bukan sahaja penting dalam bidang kajian sains tetapi juga dalam bidang kerohanian: FAKULTI PSIKOLOGI DAN PENDIDIKAN Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- PAF3043: The introduction of the Malaysian Private Entities Reporting Standard (MPERS) in January 2016 is timely and vital: Financial Accounting Assignment, UPSI, Malaysia
- TMF1414: Your task is to develop a room reservation system for My Vacation Hotel The room tariff for this hotel is given in the table below: Programming Assignment, UNIMAS, Malaysia