DSC2034: Evaluate without a calculator, using the BODMAS order of operations: MATHEMATICS Assignment, ASB, Malaysia
|University||Asia School of Business (ASB)|
Evaluate without a calculator, using the BODMAS order of operations
It is given that three points, P(4,6), Q(2,-2) and R(-5, 7) lie on a Cartesian plane. S is the midpoint of the straight line PQ. Find
(a) the gradient of the straight line SR.
(b) the equation of the straight line SR.
Given the price function, P = 100 – Q and the total cost function, TC = 2Q
2 + 10Q + 13. Find
(a) total revenue, TR function
(b) total profit, π function
A bag contains 10 balls. 6 of the balls are blue balls while the remaining are red balls. Two balls are taken at random from the bag, one after another without replacement. Calculate the probability that
(a) both balls are blue balls.
(b) both balls taken are of different colour.
John started working for a company on 1 January 2013 with an annual salary of RM24000. Every January, the company increased her salary by 6% of the previous year’s salary. Calculate
(a) his annual salary, to the nearest RM, for the year 2020.
(b) the total salary, to the nearest RM, paid to him by the company, for the years 2013 to 2020.
The quantity supplied for a product is 100 units at a price of $20. However, when the price rises to $30, the quantity supplied increases to 200 units.
(a) Express the linear demand function, Q in terms of quantity demanded, P.
(b) Determine the price that would result in a quantity supplied of 300 units.
(c) Interpret the slope and y-intercept.
The manager of Hudson Auto would like to gain a better understanding of the cost of parts used in the engine tune-ups performed in the shop. She examines 30 customer invoices for tune-ups. The costs of parts, rounded to the nearest RM, are listed below.
155 131 135 150 133 145
129 146 116 118 116 137
127 108 134 159 123 147
143 100 130 155 153 138
141 158 136 126 144 130
(a) Construct a frequency distribution table.
(b) Using Excel, construct a histogram.
(c) Find all the three measures of central tendency.
(d) Find the first and third quartile.
The following table shows the size of companies and whether they offer stock options to their board members as part of their non-cash compensation packages.
A random company is selected. Find the probability that the company
(a) offers stock options to their members.
(b) is large and offer stock options to their members.
(c) is small or offer stock options to their members.
(d) is medium given that it offers stock options to their members.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- LIN30105 To diversify possibilities and options with justification and reasonings in order to finalize a proposal: Critical and Creative Thinking Skills Assignment, TC, Malaysia
- Recall a challenging episode or problem in their life that can be related to any psychological concepts: Psychology Essay, AUTI, Malaysia
- BM6023: As the millennium began, the future for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc., smelled sweet Not only could the company boast iconic status: Managerial Accounting & Finance Case Study, HWU, Malaysia
- Ruby Berhad, a Malaysian company signed a contract on 1 December 2019 to buy machinery from Ecuador payable: Advance Financial Accounting Home Work, SU, Malaysia
- STA404: A study has been made to compare the average amount of sugar content for two brands of energy drinks: Statistics for Business and Social Sciences Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- STA60704: The ith claim amount is denoted by. Claim amounts can be 100, 200, or 400: Probability Theory Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- BNNS 6234: Discuss the Management of patients with Underwater Seal Drainage focusing on nursing responsibilities: Cardiovascular and Respiratory Nursing Essay, LUC, Malaysia
- MPU3343: Bronfenbrenner’s bio-ecological theory introduces five main constructs that influence child development: Family and Society Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- BBM208: Describe the details of the Theranos scandal. Discuss whether or not Elizabeth Holmes should be held responsible: Business Ethics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- The concessionaire of the proposed Petaling Jaya Dispersal Link is seeking a listing on Bursa Malaysia via the reverse takeover: Stakeholder Management Assignment, LUC, Malaysia