Draw the structures of the following compounds showing every orbital involved in the sigma: Organic Chemistry Assignment, UNIMAS, Malaysia
|University||University Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)|
a) Draw the structures of the following compounds showing every orbital involved in the sigma (σ) and pi (π) bonds.
b) Describe the type of nucleophilic substitution that occurs in the reactions below:
Calculate the degree of unsaturation in the following formulas, and draw a possible structure containing two rings.
a) Sketch an energy diagram of the different conformers of 2,3-dimethyl butane viewed from the C2-C3 bond. Select the most stable conformer.
b) Explain the acidity of terminal alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes.
c) Compound A has the formula C10H16. On catalytic hydrogenation over palladium, it reacts with only 1 molar equivalent of H2 to yield C. Compound A also undergoes reaction with ozone, followed by zinc treatment, to yield a symmetrical diketone, B (C10H16O2). By showing the reaction steps, predict the structures of A, B and C.
a) Identify compounds A-E.
Name compounds B and D from question 7 according to IUPAC.
c) Show the reaction mechanism of cyclohexene with Br2.
d) Pentanedial could be produced from alkene oxidation. Determine whether cyclopentene or 5-decene would be more suitable to be used as a starting material in ozone oxidation. Justify your answer with complete chemical reactions.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Are you struggling with your Organic Chemistry assignment? then hire the do my assignment service at Malaysia Assignment Help. our brilliant experts have vast years of experience to write top-rated answers on all subjects at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- CSS3133: What are the main ideas in these articles and What kind of knowledge management models are the authors describing: Knowledge Management Assignment, UOW, Malaysia
- You work in Labuan for a well-known hotel chain You are needed to write a report on the COVID 19 pandemic: Business Communication Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- HMEC5123: You are required to carry out an observation to observe the quality of the learning environment for an early childhood setting: Quality of the Educational Environment for Young Children Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- AGMH2423: Program a microcontroller to perform certain tasks using suitable programming languages: Embedded Controller Assignment, UTAR, Malaysia
- Many organizations faced challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic, and some found ways to overcome them but some failed: Entrepreneurship and Innovation Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- FIN379: Mr. Fauzi is an active trader. He believes that the current economic condition will give an impact on the prices of stock: Introduction to futures and options Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- Foreign subsidiaries financial statements are generally prepared in the local currency of the country it is operates in: Financial Accounting & Reporting 3 Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- BEX3622: Malaysia for the first time in 61 years has a new government, there were hopes with the new government in terms of social and economic progress: Issues in global business Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- ACC116: Earmax Bhd. is a company that involves in the business of manufacturing speakers for a home theatre company: Introduction to Cost Accounting Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- CDCT 2203: Describe the environmental factors that influence a business organization in Malaysia: Information Technology and Environment Assignment, OUM, Malaysia