BUS7AN: you need to explain the challenges that the leaders are facing: Contemporary Leadership Themes Assignment, WGU, malaysia
|University||Wrexham Glyndwr University (WGU)|
|Subject||BUS7AN: Contemporary Leadership Themes|
Assessment. This is an individual assignment.
At very short notice, recent events have forced businesses across the globe to change how they work. Many organisations have offered some degree of remote working for a number of years now, but to be in a position where the entire workforce has to suddenly work from home is challenging even for the most prepared of organisations.
Remote working has moved from being ‘flexible working’ and an ‘employee benefit’ to a “must-have,” and at least for the foreseeable this is now the new normal. The challenges business leaders have in ensuring there is limited disruption to the workplace, and employees continue to be motivated, engaged and supported is paramount to business success. However, this style of working poses huge challenges to leadership.
- Explain the challenges leaders face due to ongoing remote working in an organisational setting.
- Evaluate traditional leadership traits and practices, and critically analyse the advantages and disadvantages of each of those styles has when leading teams and projects remotely, explaining the positive impact they have on performance. (LO1)
- Compare and contrast your findings with more contemporary leadership styles and traits, and critically examine – from both an academic and practical perspective – whether both traditional and contemporary leadership have a role within organisations when leading teams and projects remotely to meet strategic business objectives. Propose suitable leadership solutions that you believe will achieve the required organisational results and provide a supporting rationale. (LO2)
You need to state the organization that you will be assessing in relation to a particular country that the organization is operating in. The reason for the chosen company should be clearly stated (i.e., the nature of the organisational operations, and the remote working practices as essential aspects of the organisational life) as well as be sure that the company does practice remote working.
The objectives of the report should be clearly stated.
Based on the selected organization, you need to explain the challenges that the leaders are facing. You may provide 2-3 specific examples with the peer-review journal literature support.
You may also explain on how the leadership style is able to handle these challenges which later there will be a further elaboration in the section 3.0.
- Evaluation of the traditional leadership traits and practices
3.1 You may identify what is the traditional leadership styles that is being practiced by the organization.
3.2 You need to critically analyse the advantages and disadvantages of each style that you have indicated when the leaders are using them in leading the teams and projects remotely.
3.3 You may also indicate what is the positive impact that these styles have on the leading organisational performance.
- Contemporary leadership styles and traits
List at least 2 types of contemporary leadership styles and critically analyse the advantages and disadvantages of it.
You will also need to compare and contrast (1) the traditional leadership vs (2) the contemporary leadership, and ensure that you compare it from the perspective of leading teams and projects remotely (remote working).
Lastly, propose suitable leadership solutions that can help to achieve the required organizational results that you have chosen and provide a supporting rationale. This should also from the perspective of remote working.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Recent Solved Questions
- Suppose that an economic crisis led to the depreciation of Wakandian dollars. Presidential candidate Reno Miller openly declared: Economic (Trade finance and foreign exchange) Report, Malaysia
- UGB264: Examine and discuss the key challenges around corporate responsibility, relating directly to the ethical stance: Business Ethics, Responsibility, and Sustainability Report, UOS, Malaysia
- MGT555: The Coordinator Department of Business Economics wanted to investigate the improvement of students’ grades: Business Analytics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- Using the axes as constructed below, depict marginal revenue and marginal cost curves that would support the conclusion: Business Economic Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- MKT302: A worldwide, consumer-driven movement toward renewable energy solutions has created global market opportunities for entrepreneurial companies: Strategic Global Marketing Case Study, HU, Malaysia
- I need to create an OO program to implement the following Data Structure language for Double Linked List using C++: Programming and Data Structures Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- An assessment test is used to measure a person’s readiness for college The mathematics scores in the test are scaled to have a normal distribution with a mean of 500 and a standard deviation of 100: Statistics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- BUSB237F: Assume that you are Carmen Wang, the financial controller of China Life Insurance Company: Business Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Fast Energy Generation Prediction Using Automated Solar PV System Design Optimization: Dissertation, Malaysia
- MGT555: Calculate the frequency distribution of customer demographics such as age, gender, race, education, and occupation: Business Analytics Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia