“The Advantages of Fast Fashion for Consumers” The issue discussed by the author demonstrates how the popularity: Critical Academic Reading Course Work, UiTM, Malaysia
|Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
|Critical Academic Reading
“The Advantages of Fast Fashion for Consumers” The issue discussed by the author demonstrates how the popularity of fast fashion has developed over the last 20 years. It enabled firms such as Zara, H&M, Primark, Forever 21, and GAP to grow into big multinational corporations. Fast fashion is a negative business model in the garment industry.
It refers to the design, production, and consumption of mass-produced clothing inspired by current fashion trends. The global market for textiles and clothes is expanding, with a CAGR of 6.16%. In 2020, it will be worth around USD 1.5 trillion. Worldwide, the benefits of fast fashion may be felt by many people. The rapid fashion industry contributes significantly to global economic growth.
The author’s argument on this topic is, The apparel industry accounts for 20% of global wastewater production. Every year, around 100 billion cubic meters of water are utilized. Consumers today prioritize finding economical, fashionable apparel. Celebrities and social media influencers urge them to buy more clothing, often with incredibly low standards. Styles and trends change swiftly in the fast fashion industry. Fast fashion brands and retailers push lower labor ur and raw material costs to fulfill labor demand. Chemicals are used, which contaminate the soil, air, and water.
The ecological and ethical fashion movement is growing. And many wonderful firms and brands now offer ethical apparel at reasonable costs. Unfortunately, this does not make fast fashion ethical or environmentally sound. Despite this, many people continue to purchase fast fashion. Compulsive buying is an addiction that harms relationships, finances, and general wellness. Furthermore, the affordability of quick fashion keeps it going.
Because of their poor construction, they can purchase the most recent designs and products. Fast fashion shortens supply chains and reduces costs to meet the ever-changing expectations of customers. Fast fashion corporations and retailers use factories in faraway countries with extremely low labor costs.
They encourage both new and retuming customers to shop for clothing as frequently as possible. There are now 52, as opposed to the more traditional two to four. Every week, fast fashion companies and designers design, make and push new apparel into high-street stores. Fast fashion fosters a culture of impulsive buying. Demand for luxury items and moderately priced fashionable attire rises as a result.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com is the perfect assistant for students looking for coursework writing help in Malaysia. From thesis development and dissertation revision to course assignments and essay writing, our knowledgeable staff of assignment helpers is equipped to help in any area you might need.
Recent Solved Questions
- NBNS1104: Parenting has a significant influence on a child’s life and development. Because the mother and father have different: Transcultural in Nursing Essay, OUM, Malaysia
- LIN30105: Looking at cities can give a special pleasure; however commonplace the sight may be. Like a piece of architecture: Critical and Creative Thinking Skills Assignment, TU, Malaysia
- Discuss the steps to implement quality improvements in a manufacturing company: Quality management Report, UKM, Malaysia
- Australia’s economy has plunged into its first recession in nearly thirty years, as it suffers the economic fallout from the coronavirus: Financial Economics Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- Light pollution is defined as the alteration of naturally occurring light levels during the night environment by artificial lighting: Marine Sciences Dissertation, USM, Malaysia
- BBF315/03: You are currently working as an analyst at Financial Consulting Bhd. Your boss has instructed you to form an equity fund portfolio which consists: Risk Management Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- The presentation of the Budget 2023 by the Prime Minister of Malaysia. Various government initiatives for the welfare: Principal of Economy Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- MNE60703 Select a nursing model of care in your clinical area and develop a plan of care for a specified case study: PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE AND EVIDENCE-BASED NURSING Case Study, UNIMAS, MALAYSIA
- D30IC: Originally proposed in 2010 by the Malay real estate developer PNB. With the initial foundation and groundworks commencing: Innovation In Construction Practice Case Study, HWU, Malaysia
- The rationale of the study is to investigate the communicative competence of the English language among Malaysian adult players: Animal Crossing Thesis, OUM, Malaysia