BTW1042: Discuss whether the elements required to form a legally binding contract exist between Ben and Tim: Malaysian business law Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
|University||Monash University Malaysia (MUM)|
|Subject||BTW1042: Malaysian business law|
Tim is a student at the Colours Institute of Arts (CIA) in Petaling Jaya Old town. He is also the chairperson of the CIA Sports Club. CIA recently celebrated the Institution’s 10th anniversary. To add more excitement to the celebration, Tim decided to organize the ‘Petaling Jaya Volathon’ competition (the competition), using his expenses. On 10th January 2022, Tim advertised in the local newspapers that he promised to pay a sum of RM10,000 to the person who could volley a ball for the longest duration in the competition. The competition was held at 9 am on 1st February 2022. Three hundred interested participants turned up, and they included residents from Petaling Jaya’s old town. Ben, a student at the same Institute, was also a participant. He volleyed the ball for the longest duration of one hour and twelve minutes. However, when he approached Tim to claim the winning prize, Tim refused to pay.
Tim argued that his advertisement was just a social activity to promote volleyball among the CIA students and the residents of Petaling Jaya’s old town. He also argued that Ben needed to inform him (Tim) before participating in the competition. Tim additionally claimed that about fifteen minutes after the ‘Volathon’ session started, he had shouted very loudly outside the competition venue to inform the participants that the competition was cancelled. Although a few participants heard Tim’s announcement, the others, including Ben, had not noticed, as they were too engrossed with the game.
Discuss whether the elements required to form a legally binding contract exist
between Ben and Tim.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Get online university assignment help on BTW1042: Malaysian business law from MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com at the real price. our brilliant experts provide the most effective custom solution on all topics related to law assignments as per university requirements.
Recent Solved Questions
- CSM80050: Critically review and identify issues and challenges and Critical Success Factors in contract management: Construction Contract Management Assignment, SUT, Malaysia
- EEPB353: Refer to the simplified Power System Network of a transmission system network Recently, The government’s economic planning: Power System Assignment, UOM, Malaysia
- Use a random number generator to fill the list The random number should be only in the range of 0 to 99 Use either bubble or selection sorting algorithm to sort the list: Data Structure and Algorithm Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
- CV81: You are to write a rather lengthy email to your juniors in the BSc Psychology degree program: History of Psychology Assignment, KU, Malaysia
- Pietro Yon, a local businessman, owns and manages a number of retail stores that sell a range of homewares: Finance for Strategic Managers Assignment, IBAS, Malaysia
- LAW034: You are the renowned constitutional law expert in the country and have a column in a local daily: Introduction to Legal Theories Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia
- HMEF5113: Describe how you would go about addressing missing values in a dataset when respondents failed to fill up their responses: Statistics for Educational Research Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- LEI2043: Based on the above article, kindly explain and elaborate what is the extent of discretionary powers of a police officer: CURRENT ISSUES IN LAW ENFORCEMENT Assignment, SUC, Malaysia
- KNC6063: Explain the relevant energy and environmental policies or related acts applied to the energy management for a chemical factory: Energy And Environment Law And Policy Assignment, UMS, Malaysia
- MPU3313: Use the relevant resources to discuss the therapeutic diet for a diabetic and hypertension person in order to ensure: Health and Wellness 2 Assignment, OUM, Malaysia