BTW1042: Discuss whether the elements required to form a legally binding contract exist between Ben and Tim: Malaysian business law Assignment, MUM, Malaysia
|University||Monash University Malaysia (MUM)|
|Subject||BTW1042: Malaysian business law|
Tim is a student at the Colours Institute of Arts (CIA) in Petaling Jaya Old town. He is also the chairperson of the CIA Sports Club. CIA recently celebrated the Institution’s 10th anniversary. To add more excitement to the celebration, Tim decided to organize the ‘Petaling Jaya Volathon’ competition (the competition), using his expenses. On 10th January 2022, Tim advertised in the local newspapers that he promised to pay a sum of RM10,000 to the person who could volley a ball for the longest duration in the competition. The competition was held at 9 am on 1st February 2022. Three hundred interested participants turned up, and they included residents from Petaling Jaya’s old town. Ben, a student at the same Institute, was also a participant. He volleyed the ball for the longest duration of one hour and twelve minutes. However, when he approached Tim to claim the winning prize, Tim refused to pay.
Tim argued that his advertisement was just a social activity to promote volleyball among the CIA students and the residents of Petaling Jaya’s old town. He also argued that Ben needed to inform him (Tim) before participating in the competition. Tim additionally claimed that about fifteen minutes after the ‘Volathon’ session started, he had shouted very loudly outside the competition venue to inform the participants that the competition was cancelled. Although a few participants heard Tim’s announcement, the others, including Ben, had not noticed, as they were too engrossed with the game.
Discuss whether the elements required to form a legally binding contract exist
between Ben and Tim.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Get online university assignment help on BTW1042: Malaysian business law from MalaysiaAssignmentHelp.com at the real price. our brilliant experts provide the most effective custom solution on all topics related to law assignments as per university requirements.
Recent Solved Questions
- BDPB2103: The purpose of this assignment is to develop the learners’ ability to discuss performance appraisal methods and problems in an organization: Introductory Human Resource Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- DEE20033: The SR flip-flop, also known as an SR Latch, can be considered as one of the most basic sequential logic circuits possible: Digital Electronics Report, PM, Malaysia
- FOBT3043 Explain what are the key market challenges that ABC Electronics is currently facing?: Principles of Marketing Case Study, UOC, Malaysia
- DPB20043: Choose a company that protects its products using any one of the types of intellectual property as the above diagram: Management Information System Case Study, PM, Malaysia
- Brief description of the system and the specific typical organizations which will use it: Integrative Programming, APU, Malaysia
- FA113: The following is the list of transactions for the month of January 2020 for Comfort Furniture a small furniture retailer: Financial Accounting 1 Assignment, RCC, Malaysia
- You and your group member own a cookies business where you make delicious brownies cookies with various flavors: Principle of Marketing Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- GHZM 3063: Students are required to design of either a transit centre: Tourist Behaviour Assignment, UUM, Malaysia
- Learning by discovery is a technique for helping learners create and organize knowledge. Involving mindful participation: Guidance For Children Assignment, UPM, Malaysia
- Identify the knowledge of the patients on the disease before being diagnosed and their knowledge after: Disease Prevention Essay, LUC, Malaysia