BMK309: Songket, a traditional handwoven fabric, is intricate and exquisite, with vibrant colors and beautiful patterns: International Marketing Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
|Wawasan Open University (WOU)
|BMK309: International Marketing
Songket, a traditional handwoven fabric, is intricate and exquisite, with vibrant colors and beautiful patterns – all reflecting the workmanship of skilled artisans who can spend months at a time on one piece of this traditional art form.
Once donned only by rulers, members of royalty, and dignitaries, these days people from various walks of life wear “kain songket”, mainly on festive occasions.
The Malay weaving technique, which involves inserting gold or silver thread between base threads, is traditionally passed down from one generation to the next.
In December, Malaysian songket was added to Unesco’s Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity list – a well-deserved achievement, according to professor Norwani Mohd Nawawi, the author of “Songket Malaysia” and “Ikat Limar: The Ancient Malay Textile”.
The retired lecturer tells FMT that songket used to be known as “kain emas”, or gold cloth, because of the actual gold thread that was used. However, over time, this has been replaced by metallic threads.
The 64-year-old – who, like her great-grandmother, is a weaver – waxes lyrical about songket. “When I see it, I think: how can a person weave such a fine and beautiful piece of cloth?”
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
If you're looking for the best capstone project help in Malaysia, look no further than Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com. Our team of experienced and highly skilled writers are here to help you with all aspects of your capstone project, from research to writing and editing. We understand the importance of a well-written capstone project in completing your academic journey, and we are committed to providing you with the highest quality work possible. So why wait? Contact our Malaysian assignment help experts today to learn more about how we can help you succeed!
Recent Solved Questions
- ABMF3213: There are 3 main prohibitions in Islamic banking principles, namely, the prohibition of riba, the prohibition of gharar: Islamic Banking Assignment, KYPJ, Malaysia
- you will be asked to implement a Python program to solve the following puzzles described below: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence Assignment, APU, Malaysia
- ETR253E: Choose one ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS (Examples: pollution, land degradation etc.) that caused by tourism industry and conduct an internet search on the impact that you have chosen: TOURISM Report, KCC, Malaysia
- A marker pen producing company wants to increase its productivity by automating the injection: Mechatronics System Case Study, MUM, Malaysia
- MPU3122: Kenal pasti pengaruh perkembangan Teknologi Maklumat dan Komunikasi yang dibawa oleh video tersebut: Tamadun Islam Dan Tamadun Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Choose a company, and inform the lecturer of the company of your choice. The company of your choice: Introduction to investment Assignment, UNM, Malaysia
- BMOM5203: Based on your reading of journal articles and books on leadership and your observation of the selected organization: Organization and Business Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- TEE206/05: Briefly explain the importance of binary number systems in digital electronics: Digital Electronics Assignment, WOU, Malaysia
- MLP781 Anna is the associate director of a nonprofit agency that provides assistance to children and families: Managing Leadership Performance Assignment: ASB, Malaysia
- FAR210 The information related to the property, plant and equipment of the company is as follows: Financial Accounting And Reporting Assignment, UiTM, Malaysia