BF054E: What Really Measures the Price of oil, Various Metrics, Price of Crude: Derivatives (Finance) Assignment, ISCA
|University||Institute of Singapore Chartered Account (ISCA)|
|Subject||BF054E: Derivatives (Finance)|
1. What measures the price of oil, various metrics, price of crude, futures, etc?
2. Please find a similar graph online, copy and paste it into your essay to verify the graph below, and then give a brief introduction of the negative WTI Crude Oil Spot Price on 20th April 2020.
3. On the same day, the WTI crude futures contract, is linked tightly to the physical oil market. The Crude Oil Front Month Futures (CLc1) which expires in May closed at -$37.63/bbl. Please find a graph online showing the above fact.
4. We know that the nearby contract turned negative, what about the deferred month futures, e.g., the June contract? Was it also negative or it was still trading at a positive price, please explain? Please also show me the graph.
5. If the futures price turns negative, will the future option price also goes to negative? Or the option strike price will be adjusted to a negative value, but the futures options premium is still positive? Please answer this question based on the table.
6. Does the Black-Scholes option pricing formula still work for pricing the futures option? If not, why doesn’t it work? How to solve the option pricing problem allowing negative underlying price? (Hint: exchange employed Bachelier model, please explain this model.)
7. A negative oil price is for the first time in history, and it unthinkably deviates from the past seasonality. What do you think is the reason leading to this oil price crash?
- Does Covid-19 relate to the Oil price?
- What are the choices of futures buyers near the last trading day in a delivery month? What does it mean that the futures seller market corner the futures buyer?
- Can oil producer reduce their production or even close the well and reopen it later?
- 1933 Wisconsin milk strike, resulting in the dumping of the milk. What is the difference between Crude oil and milk?
- Who is going to pay for the delivery cost? Who is going to pay for the storage cost after the delivery? How does it affect WTI oil futures price and spot price?
8. How was Brent’s oil price? Was it also negative? Where is the Brent oil market-based? (2 marks)
9. When it rebounds which of the prices are going to rebound quicker, Crude barrel price, futures, options, the price at the petrol pump?
10. Does a negative Crude oil price mean that filling the car will suddenly get cheaper? How does the negative WTI oil price impact the Gasoline index (CTXBTR) and Futures (RBc1)? Explain.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Malaysian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
If you are worried about your (BF054E) Derivatives (Finance) Assignment then we can help you to an amazing level. Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com provide you with online finance assignment help. Our assignment helpers work around the clock and provide you 100% plagiarism-free solution as per your requirement under the deadline. You can explore the rest of the assignment help to learn more about our assignment services such as accounting assignment help and personal finance assignment help.
Recent Solved Questions
- Naval Collaboration is very important to our country in facing various threats both internally and externally: International Community Essay, IIUM, Malaysia
- KMC2133: Define Learned Behaviors and give a situation example to explain learned behaviors: Media Studies Coursework, MUM, Malaysia
- Describe the steps in the recruitment and selection process. Discuss the recruitment and selection of your own organization: Human Resource Management Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- System Auto is a premier enterprise software company offering multiple products at scale both in the enterprise arena: Diploma in Network Technology Assignment, UCISS, Malaysia
- OUMH1203: The Disadvantages of Social Media have Long been the Topic of Debate: English For Written Communication Assignment, OUM
- Collectively, technological disruptions are seen as very significant drivers of industrial change: Socio-Economic & Legal Environment Assignment, UOK, Malaysia
- The main objective of the Assessment is to allow the students to have further understanding of computer Operating Systems: Computer and Operating Systems Assignment, PSB Academy, Malaysia
- Air quality standards are set by each country to protect the public health of their citizens and as such are an important component: Air Pollution Engineering Assignment, AUTI, Malaysia
- XBOH2103: Following a significant increase in workplace accidents, a health and safety campaign is planned to be launched within an organization: Occupational Safety And Health Management Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Describe how individuals can develop the role of ethics in a mixed economy and identify the characteristics of a mixed economy: Business Ethics Assignment, HU, Malaysia