BBF201/03: You are a manager who work at finance department of AVILLION BERHAD in Malaysia. You are interested to analyse the core principles of finance: INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Assignment, WOU,Malaysia
|University||Wawasan Open University (WOU)|
|Subject||BBF201/03: INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT|
You are a manager who work at finance department of AVILLION BERHAD in Malaysia. You are interested to analyse the core principles of finance that influence your company’s financial figures. Explain any FIVE (5) principles of finance that give significant impacts to your decision-making process in order to achieve the desired financial performance for year 2021.
a) Distinguish between any TWO (2) types of financial information contained in the various financial statements in Malaysian Public Listed Corporations.
b) Explain any FIVE (5) type of valuable information that may be found in the notes to financial statements.
c) Describe a situation in which the information in the notes would be essential to making an informed decision about the value of a company.
You have been hired as a financial analyst by Maybank Berhad. Your task is to analyse the present financial condition of Petrox Berhad. You are provided with the following 2021 Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Profit or Loss information for Petrox Berhad. In addition, you are told that Petrox Berhad has 12,500,000 shares of ordinary shares outstanding, currently trading at RM11.25 per share, and has made annual purchases of RM262,500,000.
STATEMENT OF FINANCIAL POSITION
as at 31 December 2021 (RM)
You are required to calculate 5 blocks of financial ratios and to compare these calculated ratios with the industry average ratios that are provided. Your analysis is based on five categories of ratios: (a) liquidity ratios; (b) activity ratios; (c) debt ratios; (d) profitability ratios; and (e) market ratios. Besides, you have to determine the financial position for Petrox as a stand-alone company, you are also required to compare these ratios to the industry average ratios provided in the problem.
a) Based on the provided industry-average information, discuss Petrox Berhad’s liquidity position by comparing with the overall industry performance.
b) Referring to data provided for industry-average information, analyse Petrox’s activity ratios and the overall industry.
c) Discuss debt and market position for Petrox Berhad’s and industry-average.
d) As part of this investigation, you are required to include profitability ratios and DuPont analysis in examining the profitability of Petrox Berhad and overall
e) One of the main conditions for loan approval is company should be in a betterthan-average financial position. Recommend your decision whether to approve or deny the loan application from Petrox Berhad by looking at overall financial performance. Explain the Petrox’s strong and weak points.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
At Malaysia Assignment Help We have a team of in-built teams of more than 3000+ native assignment writers who are helping Malaysian students for a considerable amount of time in completing their finance assignments and many more. Our management assignment writers always produce a higher quality MAF253 Fundamentals Of Financial Management UiTM Assignment Example, FIN365 International Banking UiTM Assignment Example, TAX317 Taxation 2 UiTM Assignment Example, FAR 570 Financial Accounting Assignment UITM Example, FAR210 Financial Accounting And Reporting Assignment UITM Example, etc more at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- A research paper is an analytical piece about an issue in the field. It can be based on primary or secondary data: Conventional Weapons Issues Research Paper, TU, Malayasia
- MBA6073: Decide demand and supply factors impacting the launch of the new product service based on the organization that you have selected incorporating short-run and long-run factors: Managerial Economics Assignment, QIUP, Malaysia
- ECONOMICS 223: Refined sugar producer MSM Malaysia Holdings Bhd’s profitability may be affected if the new government lowers the ceiling price of refined sugar: Mikroeconomy Case Study, USM, Malaysia
- Even though the Federal Constitution of Malaysia protects against discrimination, it occurs in different forms at the workplace: Law Assignment, UM, Malaysia
- Calculate goodwill on consolidation. Determine NCI on the acquisition date (b) Translate Statement of Financial Position of Zala Pvt Ltd: Accounting and Finance Assignment, SU, Malaysia
- EAB20803: On 1 January 2020 Q10 Bhd acquired 80% shares in Phyto Bhd for an immediate cash payment of RM6,720,000: Financial Accounting and Reporting 3 Assignment, UniKL, Malaysia
- CHE471: There are some electroplating factories around the Klang Valley area, that do not have good facilities for wastewater treatment: Chemical process principles I Assignment, UITM, Malaysia
- encourage the recognition of Physics principles taught in class in the everyday world: Physics Assignment, UTM, malaysia
- you are required to draw a Standard of Procedure (SOP) of petty cash counter operations: Accounting Assignment, OUM, Malaysia
- Rajah 1 menunjukkan lukisan isometri bagi satu bongkah. Lukiskan secara manual saiz penuh bagi bongkah: Research and Project Management Report, OUM, Malaysia